Akris

A potential money making idea

Posted  Edited by Eminem

I have always loved RP game modes on GMOD but i realized GFL only has one Purge(a successful server)  but i believe we should add a new RP server. I don't know the exact game mode u should add but i believe if u added a military, Santos, or star wars RP GFL will make a lot more money because RP is very VERY popular on GMOD if you goto internet and look at the game modes most of the ones with a lot of players are RP 

If you think we should add a different darkrp i would love to hear what u have to say(i doubt they will actually do this but it is a suggestion but i would love to hear what u have to say!)

Edited by Eminem

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

Star Wars has been tried, and failed, sadly.

Military has been suggested before, but not sure if I've seen suggestions for Santos.

I would recommend gathering intel to offer about the suggested RP's, so the Division Leaders for GMoD (@Violator & @Zebra) can take your idea into consideration.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

serious rp in gfl? never will work sorry to disappoint you my guy.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
6 minutes ago, Eminem said:

never know until u try

we have and it never works out. star wars rp did that ended horrible and in shambles the only possible way is if we consume another community and we separate bans from serious rp servers from regular servers. and we did consume another community for the star wars rp server but so much can go wrong when that delicate process is done it truely is so hard to pull off and all the strings need to be pulled in the exact right way or else it simply fucks up.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

1 minute ago, rapperdan said:

we have and it never works out.

Then let's hear some suggestions of your own, shall we? Unless you think that GFL is at a complete dead end, I think it's worth a shot.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

3 minutes ago, Winter said:

Then let's hear some suggestions of your own, shall we? Unless you think that GFL is at a complete dead end, I think it's worth a shot.

read my edit stop jumping on me I was working on just that chill out my dude.

Achievements

8 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

we have and it never works out. star wars rp did that ended horrible and in shambles the only possible way is if we consume another community and we separate bans from serious rp servers from regular servers. and we did consume another community for the star wars rp server but so much can go wrong when that delicate process is done it truely is so hard to pull off and all the strings need to be pulled in the exact right way or else it simply fucks up.

This point would/could be a possibility. I am looking and may have exchanged some casual messages with EU communities, as we plan to expand into EU and it could be a possibility. Obviously any information in regards to this will be discussed within the trusted group and at the moment there aren't any talks about absorbing any communities.

We can just use the built in ban system for this. The only issue with that is not tracking the bans by ip/steam id (honestly I haven't even looked at how normal bans work in GMod so correct me if wrong). Then for bans such as "mass RDM", "hacking" and other practically globally banned things we can have the admins use our sourcebans as those people are the ones we want to keep away from our servers.

This is obviously a major issue with absorbing another community. What rank should the people coming over get and how would the server handover actually happen are a couple of issues that we have already been discussing.

Ranks for people coming over- The only rank which we would want to give initially is server manager. This would obviously go to the current manager of the server and depending on the size that may include giving the owner of the community the same rank and counting them as co-managing the server(s).

The issue with giving them any higher rank initially is the permissions that those ranks hold, these ranks are promoted based on a mixture of skill/knowledge/trust. 

Server handover- If we are to absorb a community then we would only do this if the servers are transferred to GFL and only under the ownership of Roy and controlled by the trusted group. This is made easier if the community already uses NFO/OVH as they have transfer functions. They would have the same access to the servers as our current server managers.

To let you know this is only a representation of my opinion. It may be handled slightly differently if this were to ever happen. But this is the most likely way we would proceed.

We would discuss this only within trusted and most likely wouldn't announce anything until we had discussed and finalized everything completely. This would mean long discussions to ensure there are minimal issues and no misunderstanding between both communities.

I have colour coded my replies so that it is easier to tell what I am answering.

Achievements

As a potential rp idea, Hogwarts RP is popular currently. Just my 2¢

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Guys guys you're not paying attention to a potential RP server that could earn GFL more than $100,000 in profit

FNAF-RP

:lenny: 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

On 10/2/2017 at 6:52 PM, rapperdan said:

serious rp in gfl? never will work sorry to disappoint you my guy.

I do not believe in this, I believe that some people in GFL are looking for that serious role play. Lets do a survey?

I'll go in order from what I know.

Somewhere in 2014 - August 2014 [DarkRP] It was complete toxicity despite it was popular until...

August 2014 - till now [PurgeRP] was made; it took all the players from DarkRP and it eventually died.

Somewhere around 2015 to end of 2016 Star war / clone war RP was made and the revival of DarkRP. DarkRP did not even last long enough like cw/swRP. DarkRP only had 2 managers and 1 admin. The other server had about 10+ players but it didn't last long because developer vanished and manager was super busy with life. So it shut down, (I'm pretty sure I got the time frame wrong, but it was somewhere around there). It did kind of kill Purge but then it didn't really die.

So I mean, yes we tried seriousRP.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements