Snoopy

[Announcement] GFL and Trello

It looks pretty awesome. I think I speak for most people here when it is preferred that things are all organized or there's a roadmap and such, therefore there's no questions on what's coming next onto the GFL Servers.

The Trello boards are really helping! I always enjoy posting updates about the progress with projects I am working on :)

I cannot wait until the Tracker project is done since if it goes to plan, it should be similar to Trello but integrated into the forums along with many more features!

Thanks!

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: grammar bothers me

I have a lot to say, but it is too much for me to write.  Good luck!

Edited by Joshy
grammar bothers me

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• Snoopy featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
7 hours ago, JerryHatTrick said:

Can we pin this thread, so it's always available?

Sure. 

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

Cant wait for the new GFL to come even though I haven't  seen the old GFL because i join a few months ago would be glad to hear more abput the updates and old GFL

Lord Varalyn 

Quinn    59d6d338b1352_download(1).jpg.620a41de5a77c8f61c0a592f9ae4617a.jpg              

The twins    

The Assassins and Satanic Admins

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: changed "game" to "games" for grammar
6 hours ago, Varalyn said:

Cant wait for the new GFL to come even though I haven't  seen the old GFL because i join a few months ago would be glad to hear more abput the updates and old GFL

I'm guilty of reminiscing myself, but it doesn't mean you cannot help create some new good times.  My advise for yourself and some of these tasks is to not wait for these updates.  Be the update.

I think we're going on circles with the whole "name" thing again (let us reflect back on Council, Community Advisor, and the varying Director titles).  Focus more on the action.  Does "Mini Divisions" really need a new name?  If I were to suggest another one, then I've seen "Advocacy" or "Advocate" work and it's shorter than Mini Division.  These are advocating games of GFL and not really one (technically) facilitated, created, or modded by GFL.

Edited by Joshy
changed "game" to "games" for grammar

Posted  Edited by Kim

:happytree: 
CAN YOU SEE THIS TREE? 
THIS IS HIM NOW
:happytree:
FEEL OLD YET?

Good luck with the changes

Btw if you want happytree as your background on your computer or laptop i made a 1080 version of it 

kJw6Evp.png

Here is a great example of how it could look on your computer! Very smooth and nice

WxcjOZL.png

Edited by Kim

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the original announcement and added more information along with explain the new organized system we are using for all of our individual boards.

As said in the announcement (edited), we are using four tags for our boards. This includes [Idea], [Project], [Team], and [Other]. I'll copy and paste the definitions from above to here:

• [Idea] - An idea we are discussing. Once discussed, it will likely be upgraded to a [Project].
  • [Project] - A project we are working on.
  • [Team] - A board dedicated to a team (e.g. Community Advisors).
  • [Other] - Other boards for GFL and more.

Feel free to look at our boards here! Again, if you have any ideas for Trello, feel free to reply to this thread!

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

This loses effectiveness with increasing complexity.

We're still using this board as a revamp board which lists the important things we need to focus on in all areas of GFL. I've made separate boards for a few items on that board since I feel merging all of the ideas, lists, and such into one card would look sloppy and unorganized. I do understand your concern though. Perhaps we don't need a separate board for each "idea".

What are your suggestions? I was personally thinking of renaming the "Revamp" board to "Overview" or something similar. One board that lists most of the things we're working on.

Thanks. 

Stick with the one board as a high level overview.  "Divide and conquer" by action.  You don't need a document or boards for every sub-task.  Your team is going to give up if there's more paperwork than actual work involved, and you're going to burn yourself out too.

No, you can put your suggestions down here though.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player