kneegerrlover123

Help me choose

Hi,

As some of you might know already, I'm currently thinking about buying a new PC, I won't build it, I'm getting a pre-built, don't even try to change my opinion because it won't happen, PC parts are way too expensive in Morocco so I don't have multiple options.

Budget: 1500$

Now, the problem is: I'm stuck between 3 Pre-builts, and I have another idea, here they are:

PC #1:

1000$ + 350$ Peripherals

• CPU : i7 7700K 4.20Ghz / 4.40Ghz 7th Gen 8 Cores
  • Motherboard : MSI H11M PRO VD
  • RAM : 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
  • GPU : Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 OC
  • Storage : 500GB HDD
  • PSU : Zalman TX500W 80 Plus
  • Case : NOX Hummer MC (2 x venti included + RGB )

Now the shit that holds me from buying this is obviously that 1050Ti, it's really shitty, and also 500GB isn't enough.

PC #2:

1100$ + 350$ Peripherals

• CPU : i7 4790 3.60GHZ/4.00GHZ 8 Core Threads
  • Motherboard : MSI H81M P33
  • RAM : 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ
  • GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 OC
  • Storage : 1TB HDD 7200RPM + 128GB SSD
  • PSU : Zalman 500W 80 Plus
  • Case : Zalman Z3 Plus  (4 x ventilo included)

For this one, there's the CPU i'm worried about, I don't think it's good enough and also the RAM won't keep up with that 1600Mhz speed...

PC #3:

1150$ + 350$ Peripherals

• CPU : i7 7700K 4.20GHZ/4.40GHZ 7th Gen 8 Cores
  • Motherboard : MSI H110M PRO VD
  • RAM : 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ 
  • Storage : 1TB HDD 7200RPM
  • PSU : Zalman 500W Certified 80 Plus

And...for the last one there's that missing 8GB of ram :( I don't think it'll keep up either

As you can see, each PC has one part that fucks it up, and so I had an idea, which is why I made this thread.

What if I get the 3rd one and buy another 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz ram stick?, but not buy a Monitor. I have a 21" Monitor home and I'm currently wanting to buy a 27" one, they're both not BEST for gaming, but do you think a 21" Monitor would work? I really need your help.

TL;DR: I have a 21" monitor, do you think if I buy the 3rd pc + an 8gb ram stick and use the 21" instead that'd work? Idk much about monitors, ty.

Tagging @Ariistuujj

Achievements

34 minutes ago, Syntax said:

PC #2:

1100$ + 350$ Peripherals

For this one, there's the CPU i'm worried about, I don't think it's good enough and also the RAM won't keep up with that 1600Mhz speed...

This pc is more than fine. That's the CPU i use and I run games like PUBG 100 fps mid range graphics. I also have 16GB DDR3 and its fine. All i recommend is getting another SSD at a later date to put games on. you think it doesnt make a difference, but it does.

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

8 minutes ago, Eli said:

This pc is more than fine. That's the CPU i use and I run games like PUBG 100 fps mid range graphics. I also have 16GB DDR3 and its fine. All i recommend is getting another SSD at a later date to put games on. you think it doesnt make a difference, but it does.

Well, thanks my dude but like how's it better than the 3rd option w/e monitor? I'm getting a 256GB SSD if I get 3rd option + a 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz ram stick so it's better but lesser price, the thing is, the 3rd option is already better, but it's over my price range if I take it + take monitor, so the real question is: Should I take it and use the 21" monitor or not? it's really all about the monitor, if it's bad then i'm definitely to choose between the 2 options above.

Thanks,

Syntax.

Achievements

Just now, Syntax said:

Well, thanks my dude but like how's it better than the 3rd option w/e monitor? I'm getting a 256GB SSD if I get 3rd option + a 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz ram stick so it's better but lesser price, the thing is, the 3rd option is already better, but it's over my price range if I take it + take monitor, so the real question is: Should I take it and use the 21" monitor or not? it's really all about the monitor, if it's bad then i'm definitely to choose between the 2 options above.

Thanks,

Syntax.

I've used a 21' HP monitor for about 4 years (until I got an awesome 31' over the summer) and Its served me very well. as long as its 60hz its fine. 

Go with the 3rd one and get another ram stick. I'm pretty sure the 500w PSU will work but I'm too lazy to check

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

2 minutes ago, Eli said:

I've used a 21' HP monitor for about 4 years (until I got an awesome 31' over the summer) and Its served me very well. as long as its 60hz its fine. 

Go with the 3rd one and get another ram stick. I'm pretty sure the 500w PSU will work but I'm too lazy to check

Oh yeah it's an LG 1080p 5ms refresh rate and its 60Hz, I mean I could definitely get a better monitor but tbh I would be forced to get a shitty computer so yeah...better off getting the 3rd option, thanks!

Achievements

I'm still available for fresh ideas, if any of you have any suggestion please leave it here, I'm 1 week away from taking the final decision, so please help! even if you can't giving advice or sharing some pieces of information would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Syntax.

Achievements

7 hours ago, Syntax said:

Hi,

As some of you might know already, I'm currently thinking about buying a new PC, I won't build it, I'm getting a pre-built, don't even try to change my opinion because it won't happen, PC parts are way too expensive in Morocco so I don't have multiple options.

Budget: 1500$

Now, the problem is: I'm stuck between 3 Pre-builts, and I have another idea, here they are:

PC #1:

1000$ + 350$ Peripherals

• CPU : i7 7700K 4.20Ghz / 4.40Ghz 7th Gen 8 Cores
  • Motherboard : MSI H11M PRO VD
  • RAM : 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
  • GPU : Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 OC
  • Storage : 500GB HDD
  • PSU : Zalman TX500W 80 Plus
  • Case : NOX Hummer MC (2 x venti included + RGB )

Now the shit that holds me from buying this is obviously that 1050Ti, it's really shitty, and also 500GB isn't enough.

PC #2:

1100$ + 350$ Peripherals

PC #3:

1150$ + 350$ Peripherals

• CPU : i7 7700K 4.20GHZ/4.40GHZ 7th Gen 8 Cores
  • Motherboard : MSI H110M PRO VD
  • RAM : 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ 
  • Storage : 1TB HDD 7200RPM
  • PSU : Zalman 500W Certified 80 Plus

And...for the last one there's that missing 8GB of ram :( I don't think it'll keep up either

As you can see, each PC has one part that fucks it up, and so I had an idea, which is why I made this thread.

What if I get the 3rd one and buy another 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz ram stick?, but not buy a Monitor. I have a 21" Monitor home and I'm currently wanting to buy a 27" one, they're both not BEST for gaming, but do you think a 21" Monitor would work? I really need your help.

TL;DR: I have a 21" monitor, do you think if I buy the 3rd pc + an 8gb ram stick and use the 21" instead that'd work? Idk much about monitors, ty.

Tagging @Ariistuujj

If these are all prebuilts, I'm disappointed.

You're right with the last one being the best. The 1060 is a good card for it's uses. 8GB is right on the tip, you have the right idea buying another stick. 

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of thinking, I think that buying a RAM stick would be a pretty bad idea...

I MUST NOT spend all 1500$ on the PC, I need to keep 200$ for the games I'm going to buy lol, other wise I'm going to buy a "gaming pc" to then play CSGO with? It's not worth it. Do you guys think 8GB of ram (DDR4 2400 Mhz) is good enough and could keep up with i7 7700K and the GTX 1060 6gb ? Please answer ASAP! Tomorrow I'm getting it.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bara

#1 is not bad, but a 1050ti.... I don't know what you want to play, but for latest and future game it's better to have a 1060 or higher

#2 CPU and RAM is a bit old for 2017, if you want to upgrade your cpu... you need also a new mainboard+ram..

#3 looks good if you buy a 2nd ram with 8gb. But the current ram prices... are too high (so here in germany).

Go with #3 and wait for better ram prices and buy a new monitor if you want it.

Edited by Bara

Just now, Bara said:

#1 is not bad, but a 1050ti.... I don't know what you want to play, but for latest and future game it's better to have a 1060 or higher

#2 CPU and RAM is a bit old for 2017, if you want to upgrade your cpu... you need also a new mainboard+ram..

#3 looks good if you buy a 2nd ram with 8gb. But the current ram prices... are too high.

Go with #3 and wait for better ram prices and buy a new monitor if you want it.

That's what I was thinking but the issue is I have to save money to buy games, and with that I can't buy the 8 GB ram stick, atleast not for now, do you think that my PC will run fine with 8GB OF RAM 2400 MHz (DDR4) paired with i7 7700K and GTX 1060 for like 1 month or 2 until I save a bit more money to buy another ram stick? Thanks! I love you Bara<3

Achievements

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...