Bae

[VOTING] Art of the Month: October

AOTM Voting  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best Photography Skill for the theme of Fall?

• transperoman / dan
    • hackingpotato
    • aceofspades
    • gekkota
    • faex

Posted  Edited by Kunkko

Why is some blurry ass picture of some deer in the woods that looks like its from google winning lol

I voted for @HackingPotato because everything there is pretty, the leaves changing, the river, its all fall and its a wonderfully clear and beautiful picture :)

Edited by Kunkko

bestpirate.gif.de491bde4cffb9a186b681b15af9a8d1.gif   76561198089778072.pnghehehe.gif

I ended up voting for faex as it seemed most like fall to me and was one of the best pictures.

My favorite pic however is ace’s. Good quality picture but it doesn’t speak fall to me.

BeeMovie.jpg.b9a82186403474ef80706d44b33d10db.jpg

Posted  Edited by Bae

Many of you are wondering why you comments are hidden; which means your votes are revoked and you cannot comment again because I already talk to Dan. He's going to ask you guys to recomment, I'm pretty sure. But once your comments/votes are revoked, you can no longer comment again for your reasons for this voting period. This is the last chance for Dan and his groupies; I have already warned them previously. If you're new and you didn't know, that's too bad because Dan should've told you when he asked you guys to vote. 

As for the other voters, I'll be quoting you individually to ask you to clarify your reasons.

@skell Can you explain what you mean by vibe? For example, the theme here is Fall. So how is his fall picture involved vibe better than the others? 

oh okay, apparently you're the only one.

Finally, if you guys don't know what constructive criticism means, I'd suggest you search it up. It doesn't just mean to give one word or one sentence of explaining how Dan is your dad. I don't care if he's your dad, I care about the reasoning of why Dan's Fall image is better than the other participants. You have to explain in details of why his is better. The matter of fact that this is a Photography contest while subcategory is Fall. The things you need to explain whether in order or all of them (don't have to be all, just some that can explain).

• Exposure 
  • Composition
  • Background
  • Focus
  • General technical Quality
  • Impact
But these main photography critics must also applied to the subcategory of Fall

And this ends my comment. New voters can still continued voting but please follow the rules of AOTM. One side note: If you do not wish to end up with what happen to Kenny few months back during voting period, I'd suggest you to follow the rules and don't argue or fight. Any arguments after this will be hidden.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I voted for @transperoman because he incorporated wildlife into his picture. As you can also see in the background there aren't really any fall colors, but I think this shows that not all places show fall colors like as where I live in Florida.  It also shows deer in their true nature while they are eating. Plus it's pretty funny because whenever I see a deer looking at me like that it's usually on the side of the road and I always think if it's gonna jump out in front of me. Great picture :) 

I voted for @transperoman for their use of motion blur and conservative view of wildlife. I appreciate the effort it takes to take a beautiful picture like this as well as the hope that it brings me that we as a society can appreciate these majestic creatures together through the power of the internet. Well done. Brought me to tears.

gflsig.png

I voted for @HackingPotato because I love lakes and things, and it reminded me of a spring I went to last Friday that was really nice.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Guest - Edit Reason: i read bae's comment about her censoring the thread

dan because  reasons

EDIT i vote for @transperoman because the deer remind me of when i was able to go hunting.

Edited by Guest
i read bae's comment about her censoring the thread

I am voting for @HackingPotato The subject of the photo is focused nicely, the background still pops and remains interesting. A relatively good photo. Second in line is @Faex. when comparing photos, Faex's subject is boring. is an ugly, lopsided leaf.

Achievements

I am going to vote for @HackingPotato

This is because the image shows the stunning beauty of Autumn. There seems to be so much going in within this picture and I love it! It reminds me of a painting my Grandfather made just without a waterfall on the right, which I have to say probably influences my decision slightly too.

Plus It is in my opinion the best quality photo.

I will also say that I did also appreciate @Gekkota and @Faex which both did very well in representing the beauty of Autumn, just it didn't quite catch my eye in the same way.

Achievements

1 minute ago, Outbreak_Prime said:

Hello, I'd like to give my intake on @transperoman's..... "Art" Or "Photography" Hence I will say this is a serious post...

I think it doesn't fit in well with the "Fall" theme. I see alot of green. See, when I hear "Fall" as in the season. I start thinking. Red, Yellow, Orange leaves. Fallen leaves and the nature around us starting to die as winter rolls up. But when I see his picture I get more of a spring-summer feeling. There's no aspects of fall in there at all.

I will give a quick example.

Reveal hidden contents

deer-web1.jpg

Now of course I don't mean shit like.... you know... THIS. I what I mean is I'd like to see more fall colors in there. More Orange and shit, and less GREEN.

So I'm just gonna give a little recap here....

No aspects of fall here except the outdoors, little fall colors, sets off more of a spring-summer feeling. And by that I mean getting close to summer....

(So basically I take the picture as a joke...)

Thank you! Have a good one.

Ohh ya sorry about that the leaves where cleaned up so my house would fit the market better in the eyes of consumers but good thought though it was early fall if you where wondering :L so ya it's pretty close to summer in that pick tbf.

Achievements

2 hours ago, transperoman said:

, anyways I think if you could work with some wild animals it would be a great

If you go to the original AOTM October thread you will see I posted my digital portfolio. I did do an entire series on wild animals. I don't need the experience. 

Regardless, I am at work and I am going to ask @Bae to hide the useless and unnecessary comments. 

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

2 hours ago, Outbreak_Prime said:

Hello, I'd like to give my intake on @transperoman's..... "Art" Or "Photography" Hence I will say this is a serious post...

I think it doesn't fit in well with the "Fall" theme. I see alot of green. See, when I hear "Fall" as in the season. I start thinking. Red, Yellow, Orange leaves. Fallen leaves and the nature around us starting to die as winter rolls up. But when I see his picture I get more of a spring-summer feeling. There's no aspects of fall in there at all.

I will give a quick example.

Reveal hidden contents

deer-web1.jpg

Now of course I don't mean shit like.... you know... THIS. I what I mean is I'd like to see more fall colors in there. More Orange and shit, and less GREEN.

So I'm just gonna give a little recap here....

No aspects of fall here except the outdoors, little fall colors, sets off more of a spring-summer feeling. And by that I mean getting close to summer....

(So basically I take the picture as a joke...)

Thank you! Have a good one.

Like I said in my post earlier, not all places get those fall colors like where I live. Although, I'm sure there are fall colors where Dan lives, but It's nice that someone is representing a much bigger portion of the world.

I really liked Hacking and Ace's photos, but I ended up voting for @Gekkota. His picture, although simple, gives a clear vibe of fall. It would've been even nicer if the saturation was a bit higher because it looks like a cold theme photo. Still looks good.

That's just my opinion, though.

Good job for Faex, too.

original.gif

Achievements

• Bae unlocked this topic