Roy

Some Core Changes

Posted  Edited by CrusTi · Hidden
Hidden

I like what's "happening" but as a Former CA I have seen a trend now and in the past of "All Thread but no Action". I have my doubts and I will keep them. Sure we are making the effort of change but will these changes live like said and will we get what we were told or are we going to get a downgraded minimalist action, aka lazyness. 

Edited by CrusTi

Hidden
17 minutes ago, CrusTi said:

sad truth is....gfl is dieing and the staff are desperate.

GFL is not dying. I have faith in the staff team on doing such stuff like this, which surprised me by the change on Community Advisors. 

Sure, they are doing lack of work, but with Darkling leading Council, I have a feeling that they will end up doing much, more work than just "easy stuff" as you mentioned in your post. What is lacking in the staff team is the communications, which happened before when I witnessed on the forums.

You need to have a faith in this community and on the staff team, dude. Saying stuff like "GFL is dying" is not going to help at all.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Thanks, Unknown! · Hidden
Hidden
39 minutes ago, CrusTi said:

@Joshy

(To all of you who have COMMENTED on this post so far:)

///////////PLEASE READ////////////

I get the your are trying to support every staff post to boost your ego or whatever reason otherwise, but I can't support this when seeing how things have been since I left and my experience as a CA. We have had a lot of good staff leave in the last 2 months (5) and that says something, including myself. (Denros, Snoopy, Hacking, Rcool, and Myself) I bet you that none of these retired staff are extremely liked by the majority of the community. I have seen too many people go for favorites on staff rather then work ethic. The former staff listed above had good  work ethic and went through with promises. And I don't care if I break you safe space bubble but your favorites are not always the best. Some of the best staff GFL has ever had we're people that were not widely know in the community and didn't make lots of threads for likes. Do you know why, well they were the ones going forward with threads and making GFL what is is/was. And the truth is we don't have those kind of people anymore. We are slowing being left with LOTS OF THREADS and PROMISES but NO ACTIONS. Open you eyes people, sad truth is....gfl is dieing and the staff are desperate.

Weren't there a few CAs demoted at the end of January or something like that?  My memory is a little bit weak.  I would imagine people began to notice some of the effects not too long after like in March or something weird.

Why would you even need to tell me this?  It's like I can see the future or something.

I recommend reading the entire post for anyone who is interested in any leadership role, but I have no problem highlighting the repeat:

qYDzIEb.png

I am definitely not a suck up.  I think there was some mystery surrounding my demotion and I'll just get straight to the point:  I don't just tell people what they want to hear:

wuPX3B8.png

0fmjrYh.png

Edited by Joshy
Thanks, Unknown!

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden
1 minute ago, CrusTi said:

topic/21977-some-core-changes/#comment

Also, where fuck have u been. You better beg for DL before it's too late.

lmao the real world hit me aswell as computer troubles, and ranks never been important to me lol, as long as I am able to help

Vote For Pedro

Posted  Edited by CrusTi · Hidden
Hidden
3 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

That's why the pressure is on with this revamp to make them active. Roy made it clear that inactivity and such will no longer be tolerated.

Except that they do. Or was the recent motion to gut the CA team of the inactives just a prank by Roy?

Speaking of ego boosts...

I won't speak for the others, but you are making interesting observations for a community s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶r̶ advisor that carried a notorious reputation for struggling to hold simple conversations.

Admittedly, I have a slight fondness for seeing you make a post like this. It seems almost like a form of long-awaited catharsis for you.

2UgE8dn.png

Rather strange how a single post can serve to be your nail in the coffin for whatever degree of respect you had for a whole community, though. Apparently the community is at fault.

Outside of gutting the CA team of inactivity (which is already in motion), what alternatives would you propose?

Thanks for the criticism, but I got shit done unlike you.

To answer your question, Long awaited demotions need to happen, and new people need to fill in.

Edited by CrusTi

Hidden
Just now, CrusTi said:

Thanks for the criticism, but I got shit done unlike you.

If throwing shade (your usual mechanism of defence) which contradicts what you've said about me in the past is your response to my request for constructive alternatives, then I rest my case.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Hidden
Just now, Shuruia said:

If throwing shade (your usual mechanism of defence) which contradicts what you've said about me in the past is your response to my request for constructive alternatives, then I rest my case.

Honestly I am annoyed with the community as a whole. Don't rest your case so soon

Hidden

@CrusTi I am just going to say this, you're just assuming things. Yes, I congratulate to the new & old things that's coming in. But that does not mean I forgotten about the five people that resigned, heck; sure they're the major higher ups that resigned, but they aren't the first. I'm sorry if this sounds rude but after what happened with the SoJa incident, I don't really mind as much as people leaving and coming back. I talked to Hacking, she's moving on with her life that she planned for a long time; I recall that she's doing or attempting to do army or whatever it was called. I have already knew about Rcool, he disappeared years back but he was still staff even when he was gone for about 1-2 years. Denros left about three times and coincidentally we came from the same community previously. Snoopy is the only person I rarely talk to or know about besides the fact that he is from TF2 division. But as I said, this does not mean I don't are about them. Everyone has done things to help GFL, and I have never said GFL will live forever. I've mentioned it many times to Roy and a few other close friends on GFL; some got extremely mad/upset at me, cough dano cough. Because it's their first community, but this is my 18th (???) so as far as knowing if GFL is going to be alive or dead doesn't really concern as much since I'm blacklisted from apply for staff, esp. on gmod. So if anything, I don't really mind, I just want to see how far it'll last.

TL;DR

I am not new to community dying. I've been in many communities whether gaming or not. I have lost many friends and many memories. But they won't ever come back. So, my feelings toward those who left is just a mere student/teacher relationship. Nothing more and nothing less.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Hidden
2 hours ago, CrusTi said:

@Eli @Syntax @Runda @TheLastBee @BillyMartin @Kite9867 @Benroy @Gekkota @Xy_ @JoelSmith @King_Wailord @John_Ariana_Man @Joshy @Bae

(To all of you who have COMMENTED on this post so far:)

///////////PLEASE READ////////////

I get the your are trying to support every staff post to boost your ego or whatever reason otherwise, but I can't support this when seeing how things have been since I left and my experience as a CA. We have had a lot of good staff leave in the last 2 months (5) and that says something, including myself. ( @denros @Snoopy @HackingPotato @Rcool64 and @CrusTi ) I bet you that none of these retired staff are extremely liked by the majority of the community. I have seen too many people go for favorites on staff rather then work ethic. The former staff listed above had good  work ethic and for the most part, went through with promises. And I don't care if I break your safe space bubble but your favorites are not always the best. 

What dude? I just tagged Billy so he could read this comment and we could talk about this. But. You made some points and let’s talk about this a bit.

I don’t really get to know staff that I don’t have to interact with. Sure I am in some chats that let me meet people in other areas.. but. Only CA I know is Winter and I never need him for anything and he tends to be working on servers so I don’t bother him much. Other than that I can’t really comment on the CA-> Council decision.

I did like this post because it is showing initiative towards a cleanse of inactivity. 

However, the main thing that caught my eye is when you said that: 

2 hours ago, CrusTi said:

Some of the best staff GFL has ever had we're people that were not widely know in the community and didn't make lots of threads for likes. Do you know why, well they were the ones going forward with threads and making GFL what is is/was. And the truth is we don't have those kind of people anymore. We are slowing being left with LOTS OF THREADS and PROMISES but NO ACTIONS. Open you eyes people, sad truth is....gfl is dieing and the staff are desperate.

The old staff very well may have been some of the best. It doesn’t mean that we still don’t have plenty of great staff here. 

But you say that we don’t have those type

of people anymore and I see new people like that being recruited all the time. I’d like to say I have been a go getter with the prophunt server. And it was only with the help of a Ton of help from all kinds of people.

@ButterKing5000 has been listening to every little question and hasn’t shown even a bit of regret to accepting my friend request yet.

@BillyMartin Puts thought into how to make PH better every day and does more work than me even someday.

@mbs taught me how to manager ulx a lot better and continues to answer questions that I randomly come up with.

@Xy_ @Violator @Zebra have all also fielded a ton of questions from me and will mostly likely field a ton more in the future. Especially @Violator Don’t forget I need help with the thing. Lol

I missed a lot as this isn’t a thank you post. That will come another time. I also may have rambled a little..

But if GFL is a withering forest in your eyes, it is because you don’t see all the little saplings growing at the forest floor.

BeeMovie.jpg.b9a82186403474ef80706d44b33d10db.jpg

Posted  Edited by Sleazoid · Hidden
Hidden

@CrusTi I also don't think GFL is dying. CS:GO is dying, which is the game you were most heavily invested in, as am I. I am doing what I can to keep activity on my servers, but I have doubts that CS:GO will ever be what it was 2 years ago. The GFL community, however, still seems to be doing good in spite of this. It's sad though seeing whats becoming of CS:GO knowing the influx of members it brought to the community. Perhaps its time to start looking for the new game that can be the powerhouse that GMOD is and CSGO was for bringing in new blood.

Also congrats @Darkling

Edited by Sleazoid