Roy

Some Core Changes

Hidden

It has nothing to do with GFL. It’s because you guys can’t act your age. This is the last thing I’ll have to say about it. I think if you guys have a problem discuss it in a relevant thread or pm’s. 

You’re making yourselves look childish. Grow up.

Hidden

It's okay.  People need to get things off of their shoulders.

I personally wouldn't measure who's better than who or who has done more than others.  Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and they contribute to the community in different ways.  There are corners of the community we need to cover and everything in between.  It's a common question in our academic and professional careers, and the same applies here: "Is it better to specialize, or to be a jack of all trades?"  They're going to have a few people who look super by one measure and absolutely horrible by others, and you'll also have people who will look decent by many measures, but never the best at any one or two.  It is often inefficient to have a team of individuals covering one corner alone; conversely: You'll never have anything great if nobody is the best at anything, and so organizations often aim to have a balance of both and hope the superposition of the two groups is greater than the direct approach of having only one or the other.

Everyone has their value here, and each has made their contribution.  We can look at them by one measure or measure them by all, but the right way to do this is look at the big picture and see how they fill that remaining puzzle piece.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Removed updated comments · Hidden
Hidden

This behavior is common in big communities.  It's much easier to get 10 people to agree on something compared to 100+ people.  To be clear about my point: This isn't a problem because we're in GFL, but because GFL is a larger community.

I personally think some of the changes have a sensible approach such as increasing the size of our leadership.  I think some of the problems are misunderstood such as communication.  If my computer isn't turning on because the systemboard is damaged, then I'm not going to solve anything by replacing the AC adapter over and over again, and so I believe GFL can get a little bit stuck investing into the wrong remedies.

Edited by Joshy
Removed updated comments

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• 3 weeks later...
Hidden
On 11/18/2017 at 1:45 AM, Syntax said:

@CrusTi This is just one example of um...people you forgot to mention down. Compared to these 5 people including you, you're literally nothing lol. (No offence, they deserve to be "remembered")
Screenshot_334.thumb.png.c848284237639b943bf4434b4accf6d4.png

I know I'm late but what you said just proves my point even more, not even I can remember all of the great staff that we use to have that are no longer around.