Darkling

Step in the Right Direction

This is one of many changes that we plan to make to improve the staff team in general. I will be moving most of the these posts out from the trusted section for everyone to comment and express your views on the topics. I believe in keeping GFL transparent, and so does our current staff team (and future team members).

Achievements

5 minutes ago, PB-n-J said:

2 two CA's --- @Shuruia is tagged for offensive grammar.

:klappa: 

Good post, though. Let's see what you got.

Tempted to hide your post, but that wouldn't be very transparent of me XD. I was talking on discord whilst being spam messaged by @Xy_ (I actually found another mistake I didn't see too, but nobody noticed).

Achievements

4 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Tempted to hide your post, but that wouldn't be very transparent of me XD. I was talking on discord whilst being spam messaged by @Xy_ (I actually found another mistake I didn't see too, but nobody noticed).

Oh, there are more. Don't worry.

:shrug:  

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

20 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Be careful not to create too much paperwork for trivial tasks.

This was also mentioned within our trusted topic. The trivial tasks are going to be handled using a separate communication method such as discord. Such as our monthly checklist that we have at the moment, which isn't something I would expect people to post on with regular updates. 

It is primarily our bigger projects which would require more effort and organisation, which up until now has been holding us back.

Achievements

Delegate tasks to lower tiered Staff members such as Server Admins and Server Managers.

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep." - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Would you rather have 10 Community Advisors working on a project, or a Communtiy Advisor leading 10 team members per project?  You'll get more done and it will inherently compensate for your "communication issues" because the members will more directly know the status, and they might even be able to communicate its progress or results for you; furthermore: They'll become more involved and invested, it'll take a load off your shoulders, and it'll prepare them for Staff roles when the time comes (like now).

Of course... for critical tasks: Hold their hand and guide them through it should they need it, or work on it separately (a redundant although protective measure) should they fall behind or fail.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I was in the middle of typing a giant thought dump/rant that was already 3 pages long, but quite frankly, I'll just tell you to listen to Joshy, guys. Seriously. He's chock full of wisdom, make use of it.
I think I've pretty much agreed with 99% of what he's ever said on GFL... Hell, most of the things I typed on this thought dump were already covered more charismatically and succinctly by him in recent times. We could all stand to learn something from him.
I worked with him as an admin back when I was just the manager of the CS:S RPG Surf server, and damned if he wasn't a valuable asset to me. He got promoted but apparently he just stepped on the wrong toes, garnered a bad rap? Why all the hate? See the logic, the reason behind the words... Not the person speaking them.
Let's make an effort to be a little more sensible about things, more realistic, yea?

13 hours ago, Joshy said:

Delegate tasks to lower tiered Staff members such as Server Admins and Server Managers.

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep." - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Would you rather have 10 Community Advisors working on a project, or a Communtiy Advisor leading 10 team members per project?  You'll get more done and it will inherently compensate for your "communication issues" because the members will more directly know the status, and they might even be able to communicate its progress or results for you; furthermore: They'll become more involved and invested, it'll take a load off your shoulders, and it'll prepare them for Staff roles when the time comes (like now).

Of course... for critical tasks: Hold their hand and guide them through it should they need it, or work on it separately (a redundant although protective measure) should they fall behind or fail.

I am someone who has always looked up to Joshy, which he does already know. Our opinions on certain matters have tended to align. 

One opinion which had been brought up in a different topic is that CAs shouldn't be focusing on events. The mentally behind that post I didn't believe in as I believe creating events helps to bring all of the different people within GFL together and helps bring in new members. However I did agree with the idea. One smaller project that I am working on is taking a leap out of the GCC's book. Event coordinators (name unimportant), we have 4/5 people currently within GFL who are exceeding in many ways within GCC. I'm going to be building a team with them and transfer some of that energy into GFL

This project is one of many which does line up with the quote above from Joshy (don't worry this idea isn't fully fleshed out here as it will be a separate post).

As my profile "About Me" section does state, "I help within the staff team to put views across which I believe would benefit us all. Have something you want listened to? Talk to me!". Never hesitate to message me if you want your view put across, be it good or bad. 

Achievements

HOLY COW I just realized how much I barely even know those in charge. It makes me sad knowing that I'm just getting older and older. While things that were familiar to me fade away. Kudos to passing on the torch though. Tis a great thing to keep things-a-goin. Congratz to all who made it for your hard work. :cockatiel:

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri