Qahnaarin

Need help in making map

Posted  Edited by Flooooooooooooooooooooooof

Just some advice from someone who made a bunch of maps and never completed them, if you haven't diddle in hammar a lot don't expect your first map for zombie excape to be that well

Edited by Flooooooooooooooooooooooof

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Just now, xZephire said:

re engineering.

You can google how to decompile a map. Take a small map that you understand well. Decompile it view it in hammer and try to understand it. There are countless of videos on youtube #tophattwaffle that ll help you. there are also forums here for hammer. If you need help with very specific stuff there also is a discord from tophattwaffle where u can go and ask people. But seriously just google.

Start with a small map so you can complete it. 

Quoting what you've said, here is the Source Engine discord.
Nice friendly fellas.
https://discord.gg/SourceEngine

yeah.gif

1 hour ago, Qahnaarin said:

Thanks guys, I'm doing a ze map now. I'm still learning various type of the techniques and function. Hopefully I can make it until the end.

Good luck!! 

Just out of interest what sort of map are you making? what's it going to be about?

10 minutes ago, 1mpact said:

Good luck!! 

Just out of interest what sort of map are you making? what's it going to be about?

The theme is about the Greek mythology. I try to make 3 levels. First 2 levels without the boss. The First level I want to make a maze and the path is all the way up. Second level I make underground and go down all the way. Last level is going to defeat the Hades.

Nyan Cat GIF

Remember to do your research. When I was working on my legend of Zelda lttp kakariko village map, it took me so long to get materials and resources for it, but it was going great. Sadly, I don't have the motivation nor really time, to continue mapping

yeah.gif

2 minutes ago, Leks said:

Remember to do your research. When I was working on my legend of Zelda lttp kakariko village map, it took me so long to get materials and resources for it, but it was going great. Sadly, I don't have the motivation nor really time, to continue mapping

I still looking for some materials. Hopefully I can find it easily. Btw, you are not making map right now?

Nyan Cat GIF

3 minutes ago, Qahnaarin said:

I still looking for some materials. Hopefully I can find it easily. Btw, you are not making map right now?

Honestly make the whole map in nodraw before you texture, it will save a lot of time as whenever I texture first I always end up changing them.

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

18 minutes ago, Flooooooooooooooooooooooof said:

Honestly make the whole map in nodraw before you texture, it will save a lot of time as whenever I texture first I always end up changing them.

Yup, That's how i do it. But I separate into several parts. I textured the previous part before I move on.

Nyan Cat GIF

2 hours ago, mikasa said:

Good luck son. Hope it will be a good map to play

23 minutes ago, RockRoyce said:

Good luck to you sir. If you need any reviewing, I can help a bit. :D

Thanks, I'll appreciate that.

Nyan Cat GIF

• 1 month later...

I've made a lot of changes. I completed the level 1 and 2 generally. I suffered a lot when I compiled the .vmf file because I did only little optimization process. This caused me a lot of troubles. But anyway I still come out something. Hopefully I can get some feedback. This just some of the screenshot i took.

20180107223657_1.jpg

20180107223714_1.jpg

20180107223811_1.jpg

20180107223833_1.jpg

20180107223933_1.jpg

20180107225216_1.jpg

20180107225223_1.jpg

20180107225400_1.jpg

20180107225502_1.jpg

20180107225544_1.jpg

20180107225558_1.jpg

Nyan Cat GIF