Jinn

Why isn't there a Division Manager for CS:GO JailBreak

I was wondering after looking through the GFL Staff, why there isn't a Division Manager for CS:GO JailBreak. I am hoping to get an answer from an Admin or Roy. Another question would be how do you become a Division Manager.

jinnd1.png

I believe you're slightly confused here.There's no such thing as a Division Manager for one specific server.There are 2 Server Managers for CS:GO Jailbreak,but currently no Division Leaders for CS:GO,so i will presume you meant the latter.And to answer your question the higher ups (roy,rick,council) apoint DL's.

Posted  Edited by Riggs - Edit Reason: Division Manager doesn't exist so I changed it to the real thing

@nocheat I do mean Division Leader for CS:GO and thanks

Edited by Riggs
Division Manager doesn't exist so I changed it to the real thing

jinnd1.png

No division manager cause there's no such thing lol. Hacking got removed for some reason Idk and nobody is good enough so lol

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

9 minutes ago, Charmy said:

No division manager cause there's no such thing lol. Hacking got removed for some reason Idk and nobody is good enough so lol

Hacking resigned. You can ask her if you want to know why.

We do have a few people in mind for DL but like everyone else has said, we still have our eyes open for anyone who can handle it.

Achievements

5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

@Darkling Would you happen to know the process after being seen as being able to handle the position. Is it just an instant or does it involve something else after

They ask you questions and require a lot of trust with it. It also just something that isn't given out to anyone.

swegbuster1.png

Posted  Edited by RockRoyce

Yes, there’s one for each division (maybe more). They require a lot of trust and capability in managing a whole division. Occupying the servers is tough but with the right knowledge and persistence, you could be capable in doing so. As @SwegBuster said, there’s a lot of trust involved and you have to be eager and resourceful in bringing new innovative things to the table, and lead the division into success.

Edited by RockRoyce

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

@RockRoyce

So it seems that they have to be very responsible with their important title. I have noticed that in the Staff Directory that there are 3 Gmod Division Leaders, I wonder if the other DL's can switch to other lower titles if they so happen to choose so.

jinnd1.png

Posted  Edited by RockRoyce

I think they take the part as a group, as the GMOD division is a very big division among the GFL community.

Edited by RockRoyce

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

@Joshy I know it would be difficult to pick someone for something that important and also making sure that they continue to do their job but since they already had DL's for Gmod, why would they have a difficult time since they could follow the examples given by the other DL's at work already?

jinnd1.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

There was a thread about having Council (formerly known as Community Advisors at its time) temporarily leading a division, but I cannot find that thread.

I  personally believe the ideas, concepts and mechanisms are very translatable and your suggestion would work well.  People have to remember that it's specifically the ideas, concepts and mechanisms and not so much copying the procedures exactly the same.  This may not make sense, and so I hope to provide an analogy to help:

• If a friend of mine had an injury on their face and it was healing well, then I suspect they wouldn't be offended if I told them (a procedure) "Wow, your face is healing really well.  You look so good."
  • If another friend of mine had no injury on their face, then something would seem a bit off and possibly offensive if I used the same procedure "Wow, your face is healing really well.  You look so good."

The past arguments were over technical skills.  I can personally overlook this because I care more about a person's potential and what they can achieve in the future rather than what can they do "right now."  I know they really struggle accepting good candidates while they are looking for perfect candidates, and so maybe I will finish up here with a phrase I have thrown out there so many times before:

"Perfect is the enemy of good."

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I do recommend for interested candidates to really consider Developing.

There are a couple of great opportunities right now, and they look like a lot of fun.  I could sit there for hours doing this stuff for free instead of making my wages.

You may not get the position this time, but prepare yourself for the next opportunities.

CS:GO is really challenging because it is still being updated frequently, and these updates often have compatibility issues with our plugins or setups.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

21 minutes ago, Joshy said:

There was a thread about having Council (formerly known as Community Advisors at its time) temporarily leading a division, but I cannot find that thread.

I  personally believe the ideas, concepts and mechanisms are very translatable and your suggestion would work well.  People have to remember that it's specifically the ideas, concepts and mechanisms and not so much copying the procedures exactly the same.  This may not make sense, and so I hope to provide an analogy to help:

• If a friend of mine had an injury on their face and it was healing well, then I suspect they wouldn't be offended if I told them (a procedure) "Wow, your face is healing really well.  You look so good."
  • If another friend of mine had no injury on their face, then something would seem a bit off and possibly offensive if I used the same procedure "Wow, your face is healing really well.  You look so good."

The past arguments were over technical skills.  I can personally overlook this because I care more about a person's potential and what they can achieve in the future rather than what can they do "right now."  I know they really struggle accepting good candidates while they are looking for perfect candidates, and so maybe I will finish up here with a phrase I have thrown out there so many times before:

"Perfect is the enemy of good."

We currently have a thread in trusted which states that we haven't got any perfect candidates. We do have people that we are talking to currently, to see if they can handle the kind of responsibilities that come with being a division leader. 

Technical knowledge is good and very useful, but thanks to the time that we live in, almost anything can be searched online when it's needed. It is much more valuable to have someone who has the initiative to do the above and the right mindset to want to improve themselves and our servers. 

Achievements