Chef.

Mic Suggestion

While were at it with computer gear, lets talk about budget microphones:hahayes:. What are you recommendations? Thanks

also where are you able to buy from? online or do you have to go to a brick and mortar store? another thing to consider is do you want something that's stand alone or something that is in a headset. i have an amazon link to a headset that has great quality for the price but its an over the ear ear muff style if you're interested.

Depends.
You can get a cheap cardioid microphone ~$10 or so with a good sound quality and spend rest on accessories, such as a microphone stand + pop filter so it sounds better.

Generally, I would go for any cardioid/supercardioid/hypercardioid as they pick sound in FRONT of the microphone, which is generally the preferred thing for gamers. If you do like interviews, etc a Bidirectional that picks sound in the shape of an 8

hNBej7I.png

yeah.gif

14 hours ago, ChefAP said:

While were at it with computer gear, lets talk about budget microphones:hahayes:. What are you recommendations? Thanks

I will drop a link to my headset. It's a little pricey but it's lasted me a long time through micspam 

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-818  

201712051933CNX.gif

jinnd1.png

1 hour ago, Leks said:

Depends.
You can get a cheap cardioid microphone ~$10 or so with a good sound quality and spend rest on accessories, such as a microphone stand + pop filter so it sounds better.

Generally, I would go for any cardioid/supercardioid/hypercardioid as they pick sound in FRONT of the microphone, which is generally the preferred thing for gamers. If you do like interviews, etc a Bidirectional that picks sound in the shape of an 8

hNBej7I.png

I would go with what this kind sir said :)

2945262602.gif

I smell cheese

2945262602.gif

@motorsteak preferably online                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thanks @leks and @riggs