Sugarlessasp

[Daily] If you could change the past would you?

48 minutes ago, Otomok said:

Well i would  change history so all humans would not exist. its obvious by the way we treat the planet we do not deserve to live here. it sounds cold but this is the sad truth. 

By that logic any form of sentient would inevitably harm the planet in one way or another, either that or become naturalists and the very computer in which most of us cannot remove ourselves from would simply not exist. Not that that's really an issue i suppose, but some of the greatest advances in say medicine and/or science have inevitably and unfortunately harmed the earth in some way. There's give and theres take, Granted some may view that we take too much, but imagine a world where the Black Death still reigned terror upon life, regardless of the sentient species at the time, if they revered the earth so much as to not harm it in any way, there are many Helpful/Necessary advances that could save entire lives, lost so they could hug trees. Unless of course this sentient species happens to have magic, then my whole argument is invalid.

1 hour ago, Otomok said:

Well i would  change history so all humans would not exist. its obvious by the way we treat the planet we do not deserve to live here. it sounds cold but this is the sad truth. 

Savage

Personally, I'd just get rid of the person that thought 3rd wave feminism was a GOOD idea.

Actually, while I'm at it, get rid of the person who invented Black Lives Matter, because it's less about racism and more about the privilege to pull the race card out of your butt and shove it down someone's throat.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by MrManslayerX

Now, there's a theory that suggests that existence is composed of several different parallel universes... This is called the multiverse theory. Let's say you did go back in time, you'd probably be entering into a parallel universe, and it would hold no baring on your 'home universe'.

Now, aside from that. Sure. I had a pretty fucked up life. I suffered mental, emotional, and physical disorders, I had a fucked up mother who was nothing but a sleaze ball, and I was in and out of therapy for years. But yanno what? I wouldn't be where I am today if I haven't suffered like I have. I'm damn happy with how I turned out, and even if I could go back, I would kindly deny that offer.

Hardship builds character, right? I'm the living embodiment of that.

Edited by MrManslayerX

6 hours ago, MrManslayerX said:

Now, there's a theory that suggests that existence is composed of several different parallel universes... This is called the multiverse theory. Let's say you did go back in time, you'd probably be entering into a parallel universe, and it would hold no baring on your 'home universe'.

Now, aside from that. Sure. I had a pretty fucked up life. I suffered mental, emotional, and physical disorders, I had a fucked up mother who was nothing but a sleaze ball, and I was in and out of therapy for years. But yanno what? I wouldn't be where I am today if I haven't suffered like I have. I'm damn happy with how I turned out, and even if I could go back, I would kindly deny that offer.

This post

Untitled-1.png

15 hours ago, MrManslayerX said:

I had a fucked up mother who was nothing but a sleaze ball, and I was in and out of therapy for years. But yanno what? I wouldn't be where I am today if I haven't suffered like I have. I'm damn happy with how I turned out, and even if I could go back, I would kindly deny that offer.

Damn Straight @MrManslayerX my mother was a self absorbed meth addict that abandoned me at the age of 5, and when i reconnected with her at the age of 17, introduced me to the ravages of meth addiction, kicked it thankfully, but once in a blue fuckin moon i find it terribly hard to resist. Occasionally i fuck up and cave, then its off to the support groups again to push it away, addiction is an endless struggle, my friends. Seriously stay away from drugs, or at very least, don't let them control your life and who you are.

no, I would not change the past because, if I change one thing about the past, it would affect the future a lot, even if you change one thing, it would still affect the future in someway. Imagine someone with that kind of power.  

If you think about it, changing the past in any major form is a VERY bad idea. This includes the popularly proposed scenario of killing Hitler. There's something in chronology alteration that is simply known as "unforeseen consequences". Travelling to the past with the intention of killing Hitler could carry grave consequences.

Theoretically, a lack of Nazi Germany would potentially mark the rise of a stronger Soviet Union much earlier than the west would like. Communist influence in Europe and Asia would grow significantly. The USA would have less reason to limit Japan's oil supplies, which means that Japan would have no reason to go to war with the USA. As a result, Japan would retain the militaristic government that Hirohito fostered, perhaps even after 1947 (the year in our timeline that the USA left Japan with a constitution inspired by its own). Japan had one of the strongest militaries at the time and giving them time to develop nuclear weapons would not be ideal in the likely inevitable event that the Japanese military continue their colonialism in Asia. Funnily enough, there's actually a video game series (Command & Conquer: Red Alert) that details how unforeseen consequences from time travel could transpire.

So if you happen to acquire a time machine, please don't kill Hitler. Thanks in advance.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

8 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

Thanks in advance.

or are you thanking them in the past? :lenny:

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

I would.

There are a few things (a few, mind you) that i'm not particularly proud of doing, and I think I would be better off not having done said things.

That being said, I would never alter the past. Things happen for a reason, and you live in the present OF those things. Changing those past events would change your present, no matter how minuscule, for better or for worse. That is something I would not risk doing.

...Man, i really poured my true feelings out onto this post 0_o

Butterfly effect, If I ever go to the past it'd be to research and observe. That won't stop SJWs and the like from breaking into the past to 'do the right thing' and probably end the world a few hundred years early, but for all we know it would create a divergence in the time continuum to continue their path through history parallel to ours or simply erase us completely.

Time travel shouldn't be possible, and the unknowns brought about with its existence make it an extreme taboo in my eyes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 4 weeks later...