Ben

What android phone should I go with?

Ok, so I plan to switch to Android in January 2018 for several reasons. 

• I want to take on Android that lasts longer, and because of that, Apple phone won't be taking control of it
  • In a way that I won't be rushed to have a notification of new updates
  • The way that you can customize everything, like getting a messaging app that will act like iMessages

However... please keep in mind, I am not switching to Android just because I hate iPhone. I like it because of how simple it is. and how useful it would be. I am just tired of having the fact that they rig iOS to slow down your phone and the fact that materials will not last very long.

Let's get down on the list. I want an Android that...

• lets you customize lock screen, unlock like numpads, patterns, and slide, and some other thing that I didn't know.
  • Better camera
  • Will last longer like 2 years or so
  • Won't rig the system to slow down the phone for $$$
  • Ability to play some games on phone, including RuneScape.
  • Released in either 2016 or 2017

I won't get all in one, but if it did have several features listed above, then I will get it. 

The current phone I am interested in is Note 8. I might lean towards to Samsung Galaxy S8.

Keep in mind, if I find any of you people trashing Apple or posting off-topic, I will report your post.

76561198043643390.png

Now this, mmph, this is a phone.

I love this thing.

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v20?&cmpid=sem_(MU)-AON-GGL-Srch-Brand-Device-V20-Phone-Only-EXT_lg-v20&gclid=CKmMlNTj-NcCFQNrgQodPrkBnA&gclsrc=ds

apple sux xd don't report me ben-senpai 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

1 minute ago, Syntax said:

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, definitely for you.

Any features included on what I listed on OP?

2 minutes ago, Charmy said:

Now this, mmph, this is a phone.

I love this thing.

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v20?&cmpid=sem_(MU)-AON-GGL-Srch-Brand-Device-V20-Phone-Only-EXT_lg-v20&gclid=CKmMlNTj-NcCFQNrgQodPrkBnA&gclsrc=ds

Reveal hidden contents

apple sux xd don't report me ben-senpai 

Interesting, I'll look more into this.

76561198043643390.png

I'm not an Andriod fan myself, but hear me out. In your country, I'm assuming USA, comes with a Snapdragon 853 processor, meaning they have the same performance. In addition to that, they both have the same 1440x2960 pixel quad HD+ screen. Therefore, if you care about the performance and such, definitely go for the S8, as it's totally worth it for its cheaper price ($689), in comparison to the Note 8($779). One tiny point to add is that the S8 has 570 ppi (pixel per inch density), so it's a higher quality, where the Note 8 has 522 ppi.

On to the camera, which is something that appears vital to you. For the front facing camera, they both have 8MP cameras, so same quality if you're a selfie kinda guy. The Note 8 has a 12MP dual-camera, which means sharper images, accompanied by a OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation), which give it that non-shaky photo. It has a f/2.4 and f/1.7 aperture for the dual lenses on the Note 8. The larger the aperture (f), the less light it takes in, basically a hole, that gets bigger or smaller. You probably know this already, which is why I'd just like to list this. On the other hand, the S8 has only one lens, with f/1.7 aperture. So in terms of the camera, the Note 8 is better.

For the screen, the Note 8 is a little larger, but heavier. So if you want to play your games, it depends on wether you want a bigger display, or more comfortability for your hands. There's also more bezel for the Note 8, which means you'll have to reach further.

In conclusion, I'd go for the S8, just because of it's screen size, display and the cheaper price, for virtually the same things. However, if you're very particular with the camera, go for the Note 8. In my opinion, go for the S8.

PS: I only compared these two as I think these are the most compatible at this time.

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

Just now, Benroy said:

Any features included on what I listed on OP?

Interesting, I'll look more into this.

Pretty much everything? I have an A5 2016 and the price hasnt dropped that much since I bought it, I've also had it for a year and more now and it's in perfect condition. The camera is so damn good.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Snoopy

Huawei are your best phones to go for, especially if you want Value for money. I have the Mate 10 and it has the best camera around along with 3-4 days worth of charge and 128 GBs of storage.  All of the other brands you litterally pay for the name. I work and sell phones as a living :3

Huawei P10 Lite

Huawei P10 (More expensive phone)

Huawei Mate 10 (Flagship of the mate line)

My suggestions ^

If you're interested in the Note 8 then stop, the pen and phone itself is a gimic. I'd recommend the Huawei Mate 10 over everything. It's also what I have. I origionally had the S8 Plus and moved to the Mate 10. I've had a play with all the other flagship phones (LG V30, Iphone X, Samsung Note and S 8's etc) and by far the Hauwei is the best.

Edit: Here's an example of a random photo I took of one of my work collegues. No changes to camera at all and I litterally held my camera up for a second.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOnoRc36e8-zqJ7Ygtk4pvrXJNQ0bM2W/view?usp=sharing

(This is a bad example and a poor image from the camera)

Edited by Snoopy

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

22 minutes ago, RockRoyce said:

In conclusion, I'd go for the S8, just because of it's screen size, display and the cheaper price, for virtually the same things. However, if you're very particular with the camera, go for the Note 8. In my opinion, go for the S8.

Thanks for your input. What about other android phones?

5 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Huawei are your best phones to go for, especially if you want Value for money. I have the Mate 10 and it has the best camera around along with 3-4 days worth of charge and 128 GBs of storage.  All of the other brands you litterally pay for the name. I work and sell phones as a living :3

Huawei P10 Lite

My suggestions ^

If you're interested in the Note 8 then stop, the pen and phone itself is a gimic. I'd recommend the Huawei Mate 10 over everything. It's also what I have. I origionally had the S8 Plus and moved to the Mate 10. I've had a play with all the other flagship phones (LG V30, Iphone X, Samsung Note and S 8's etc) and by far the Hauwei is the best.

What features do they have, listed in my OP? All of it? What about the battery life with Discord, or its browser? And how come you've switched from S8 Plus?

I've noticed that Note 8 had a pen featured. I was planning to look at the complete review, so I could either drop it and go with another Android phone.

25 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Pretty much everything? I have an A5 2016 and the price hasnt dropped that much since I bought it, I've also had it for a year and more now and it's in perfect condition. The camera is so damn good.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Since you are still using it, do you mind telling me what's the battery life, esp. with Discord(if you're using it)?

76561198043643390.png

The Samsung S7 is also a very good phone if you have a lower budget ($470). It has also the same display specs, 1440x2160. They also have the same camera megapixels, 12MP, although just one, so like the S8. Furthermore, it has also a 5MP front facing camera, so slightly worse, again, if you're that selfie guy. Other than that, the S7 is a good choice in terms of price, and what you're getting, as it's very similar to the S8.

Yours Sincerely,

Royce

Public Relations | GFL Moderator

Profile | Twitter | GameTracker | Steam | Email

Former CS:GO JB Admin/EC

You should go for one of the Google Pixel phones. I have the pixel 1 its fast has an awesome camera and excellent battery life. But if you're looking for something newer go for the pixel 2

Achievements

31 minutes ago, Kubnair said:

You should go for one of the Google Pixel phones. I have the pixel 1 its fast has an awesome camera and excellent battery life. But if you're looking for something newer go for the pixel 2

Ok, I'll look into it but I'm not entirely sure if they'd rig the phone to be slow after a system update for newer models. I'm not a rich guy who upgrades ever 6 months.

I just want a phone that can last longer over 2 years or more, and iPhone 7 plus will not help as Apple make and sell models so often. S8 looks like it's good enough so far.

7 hours ago, SwegBuster said:

Personally I would choose Motorola droid z as it has long battery life and has other cool attachments to use with it (as long you pay for them).

I actually forgot to reply your post but... is there any other features other than long battery life?

76561198043643390.png

10 hours ago, Benroy said:
  • lets you customize lock screen, unlock like numpads, patterns, and slide, and some other thing that I didn't know.
  • Better camera

So any android?

I recommend the phone I use, which is fairly recent and pretty good. It's Huawei P10 Plus. There's Samsung Galaxy (any of the recent ones) as well that are also good.

original.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Riggs - Edit Reason: more wording
17 hours ago, Benroy said:

Ok, so I plan to switch to Android in January 2018 for several reasons. 

• I want to take on Android that lasts longer, and because of that, Apple phone won't be taking control of it
  • In a way that I won't be rushed to have a notification of new updates
  • The way that you can customize everything, like getting a messaging app that will act like iMessages

However... please keep in mind, I am not switching to Android just because I hate iPhone. I like it because of how simple it is. and how useful it would be. I am just tired of having the fact that they rig iOS to slow down your phone and the fact that materials will not last very long.

Let's get down on the list. I want an Android that...

• Better camera

I won't get all in one, but if it did have several features listed above, then I will get it. 

The current phone I am interested in is Note 8. I might lean towards to Samsung Galaxy S8.

Keep in mind, if I find any of you people trashing Apple or posting off-topic, I will report your post.

I would lean towards something by Samsung over all but if your looking for something big and lasts long I would go for the ZTE BLADE MAX PRO for around $110-115. The phone is very resilient and has 2 cameras. Around 20 megapixel total on the back. MetroPCS is the main carrier of it. Has a 6 inch display and has many options for cases. 

Edited by Riggs
more wording

jinnd1.png

Posted  Edited by IAmSuperFineMan

Ayy @Benroy!!! Haven't messaged yo ass in a while.

My opinion don't hate me everybody has their preferences:

22 hours ago, Kubnair said:

I did not like the pixel camera even tho the phone is supposed to have laser focus. But the shit never really worked with me but again that's just me. I owned it for like half a year. Gaming wise idk. Software wise I would go to the pixel 2 if you were to go into that option.

19 hours ago, Korowa said:

So any android?

I recommend the phone I use, which is fairly recent and pretty good. It's Huawei P10 Plus. There's Samsung Galaxy (any of the recent ones) as well that are also good.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:15 PM, Snoopy said:

Huawei are your best phones to go for, especially if you want Value for money. All of the other brands you litterally pay for the name. I work and sell phones as a living :3

Huawei P10 Lite

I have a friend who owns the Huawei P10 and it looks hella nice. He has the metallic blue on the back the shit is just clean as fckk. Only thing about this phone that I dont like is the specs example: the phones display is LCD & not OLED which gives you a better picture. And software wise the phone is on Android Nougat not Oreo but it should be updating soon??? Idk my s7 was on Nougat & Samsung never answered my question on Twitter about when the update was gonna be pushed out to at&t.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:52 PM, Syntax said:

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, definitely for you.

Only thing about this phone is the looks. Which i don't think you care about. However, battery is a lil bit of a concern. 3000mAh battery in this day and age most android products have a bit over 3000mAh.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:40 PM, SwegBuster said:

Personally I would choose Motorola droid z as it has long battery life and has other cool attachments to use with it (as long you pay for them).

I always wanted a droid for the experience. And I didn't have Verizon but that was during the time that phones were just starting to be compatible with other carriers so. Heard good things specs and such. Never had one but was almost my first option.

Me & my phone:

Now I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 upgrading from Samsung S7 edge/ Note 7 (Originally)

Now I'm not going to recommend the Note 8 to you because it really depends on your everyday use of your phone. I bought the Note because I am, well I used to be a professional photographer but I resigned my post not too long ago. Probably a few days after I resigned from purge. But I used to take a lot of photo's and the camera is beautiful. Battery ehhhh. 3300 mAh which is lower then the Galaxy S8+ but i understand why they did that. I have a power case which has a 6500 mAh battery that I take only on long trips which is perfect for over 32hrs of battery life (Phone & External combined). Reg battery life is 13h on a good day maybe 14. Bixby is something to get used to tho. I Dont hate it but i also dont necessarily like it. Stylus wise I like it because it's easier to write notes which is something i do alot. But its something that your not gonna use everyday so if your not a huge note taker or gonna use your camera everyday and you don't really need the bigger display I would recommend the LG V30, Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ for the bigger display, the new and improved Razer Phone or even the ehh the Pixel 2. 

And like the only reason I picked the pixel 2 is because don't you get unlimited (something having to do with storage) till 2020 or sum shit???? Which if you take a lot of photo's it's a very good thing till 2020 comes around. And Google Assistant is the best thing since fried chicken.

Edit: I bought my phone for $700 from Korea when it first came out. I dont think you can get that price anymore but it came in perfect condition. Took a good amount of time because u know had to go through customs and shit but that was expected.

If I said something that ain't true let me know. I'm truly sorry.

Edited by IAmSuperFineMan

Thanks everyone for your opinion and recommendations. I decided that I will be going with Note 8. Not only for camera, but for my daily usages. Given the fact, once I switch, I will not change phones for 2-3 years, unless told otherwise. 

Phones with better performance and duration is always best choice. 

76561198043643390.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, Benroy said:

.Given the fact, once I switch, I will not change phones for 2-3 years, unless told otherwise. 

I am telling you otherwise. 

now you have to switch phones before you even got your new one.