Jinn

An Official GFL App

the app  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a GFL app?

• Yes
    • No

Since not alot of people aren't always at their computer I am going to start this poll to see if the community wants a mobile app that we can use if we just need to log on for a quick sec.

jinnd1.png

I remember a topic like this long ago and it received a lot of positive feedback.  Unfortunately: The weight was against it as it requires a lot of work.  I think it was mentioned, that there are already existing apps, such as Tapatalk, which are far more convenient and good enough.  I can't find that thread.

I think this is another situation of: "If you want something done (right), then do it yourself" sort of deal.  I've seen a lot of friends make apps as a hobby, and so it wouldn't surprise me if someone here had some experience in that field; otherwise: I think the current staff is a little bit scattered on directions and ideas, and a project like this could be a big drain.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

15 minutes ago, Leks said:

You can always use your mobile web browser...

13 minutes ago, nocheat said:

Uhm yeah as @Leks said what prohibits you from accessing the website via your mobile phone?

Just an idea off the top of my head

jinnd1.png

35 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Just an idea off the top of my head

Look before you post, I could understand over seeing things every once in a while but geez

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

There's no harm in using the mobile browser. Just stay signed in, and all  you have to do is click on your mobile browser and you're in, just refresh. 

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

I might as well add onto leks' post with the app Tapatalk. It's similar to a browser but it's an app to open sites that you cannot do on a normal browser from your mobile devices. But there will never be an actual app, one being you'll need a app developer and even after the app is developed; it'll be decided whether it'll be paid or free; and by then; apps has tons of bugs due to compatibility of mobile devices or tablets/ipads. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

16 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:
14 hours ago, PsquawOsaurus said:

A good concept, but what would be actually on the app? Would it just be the forums but more polished?

I like this idea, but I don't think anyone has time to build a GFL App. :\

16 hours ago, Astro said:

EAB493E3-90B9-42FE-AAD7-63B83B235CA3.jpeg.3f1f21eb78432d51f9a2a7d1bf623803.jpeg:lenny: coming soon

For @AceOfSpades I would like to just come out and say that (IF THIS EVER HAPPENED) The app would take alot of the community's  time and effort so that makes this almost impossible as we would need to lose in order to gain. In response to @PsquawOsaurus The app would most likely contain a more polished version of the forums with extra features that are TBD, A better chatting system (Shoutbox 2.0) Specialized Admin chat and tabs for some of the other community "ranks"  @Astro That seems like a good icon for it

jinnd1.png