Joshy

Marketing Team: A Creative Team Revamp

Posted  Edited by Bae

Marketing would make since if we had a shop which isn't going to happen until the near future. We had a GFL Shop for testing, and I'm sure you know of it. But because we aren't going toward that area yet, Roy put that on-hold. So at the time being, we refuse to be a Marketing Team at this time. Until Roy decides to do a shop or have marketing to promote the community, is when we'll switch over. But not as of right now.

Anyone is free to advertise all they want, but revamping will take a long time from now. I have talked to Roy plenty of times to revamp Creative Team but he is currently and wanting to focus on something else first. On the old forums we did have an application for sponsorship and advertisement team, but after the attack, it just like vanished. Right now the main problem they're focusing on revamping is the dead servers. Should they expand, change or just remove it entirely? They're is also no leaders in the team, so Roy also needs to select one for that too.

edit

Roy has accepted this suggestion... Technically it was already on a to-do-list of his for the revamping things.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

1 hour ago, Bae said:

Roy has accepted this suggestion... Technically it was already on a to-do-list of his for the revamping things.

I was talking to him earlier, it sounded like this is already in progress internally 

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

12 minutes ago, Eli said:

I was talking to him earlier, it sounded like this is already in progress internally 

It was part of his revamp progress way before the suggestion.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Oh, darn!  I thought I came up with a new idea.  Do you guys like the idea, or what should change about it?  I don't understand why GFL needs to have a shop in order to have a Marketing Team.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

9 hours ago, Joshy said:

a revamp of the Creative Team where they can continue doing artwork, videos, and other media, but with a broadened skill set and greater goal to promote our community.

Like how? examples please

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

As I said to Roy then Marketing sounds like something involving money rather than PR "Public Relations" which would be focusing on how and where to advertise since we don't have a "product" to sell atm. Once we get the shop and so on we could make the marketing team sell the "product" through the connections that the PR team would've made :-)

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Riggs - Edit Reason: added wording

I think this would be a good idea but considering what @Worgee said about it seeming like it is more about money than PR, it would seem exactly like that to new members. When looking at the old creative team lineup and hearing from @Bae that they really only have 2 'Active' members, it would seem that this is a needed thing and would boost the creative team's reach into their communities. But the name change doesn't need to happen, It isn't needed. 

Edited by Riggs
added wording

jinnd1.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy
4 hours ago, HackingPotato said:

Like how? examples please

Instead of accepting only members into the team with artistic skills: Accept members with other skills such as in writing, communication, advertising and social media, or experience or knowledge of businesses.  Broadened meaning not being too specific in art or software, or the current skill set they are looking for.

I am intending to make this a very small suggestion, and not something fancy like train them and give them a scholarship towards their MBA degree.  The Creative Team to me looks like  (not saying this is verbatim) "We're the creative team and we're looking for skills in this art stuff; we'll try to satisfy artistic work upon request" (reactive) and I am hoping it would become more like (not verbatim) "We're the Marketing team and our mission is to advertise for GFL.  We're currently facilitating our Youtube channels to advertise GFL; we're working on game guides to draw new members into GFL; we have a dozen threads with GFL propaganda and pictures of our events, and we'll take anyone on our team who is interested in promoting GFL and has any of these skills..." (proactive)

edit:

I think the "problem" with the 2 members is that the skills they are looking are very specific for art stuff.  I think accepting more or being open to more, and concentrating on the mission, will help the team grow and put their work towards something more proactive for the community rather than just having a team of people who can use illustrator or edit a video.

Edited by Joshy

Posted  Edited by Bae

@Joshy We had someone that applied for that field until he was shot down by negative comments of how that role isn't useful. Technically, I did told them it is for social media especially or even a public post about updates within the team or GFL overall. But the savage in this team is extremely sad, but I am strict on graphics application as people expect it to be perfect. I honestly did need a writer as I have really horrible spelling and grammar.

You also need to understand that no matter how many times I find someone great, they eventually leave because of real-life problems as they claimed. I also had other members who join and then blocked/quit the team just because I asked for their progress on an assignment that was given. And right now, it is really difficult to find someone because I don't know who it is, is spreading around on GFL that you get admin if you apply for creative team. So that's something I need to find out who is doing that so I can give them a piece of my mind.

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

36 minutes ago, Bae said:

@Joshy We had someone that applied for that field until he was shot down by negative comments of how that role isn't useful. Technically, I did told them it is for social media especially or even a public post about updates within the team or GFL overall. But the savage in this team is extremely sad, but I am strict on graphics application as people expect it to be perfect. I honestly did need a writer as I have really horrible spelling and grammar.

You also need to understand that no matter how many times I find someone great, they eventually leave because of real-life problems as they claimed. I also had other members who join and then blocked/quit the team just because I asked for their progress on an assignment that was given. And right now, it is really difficult to find someone because I don't know who it is, is spreading around on GFL that you get admin if you apply for creative team. So that's something I need to find out who is doing that so I can give them a piece of my mind.

Considering that you are, correct me if im wrong, co-leader of the Creative Team don't you have the ability to add those positions yourself or do you have to ask someone higher up (Like the Council) for a spot like that? 

jinnd1.png

21 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Considering that you are, correct me if im wrong, co-leader of the Creative Team don't you have the ability to add those positions yourself or do you have to ask someone higher up (Like the Council) for a spot like that? 

No, the co-leader was only a unofficial decision made by the previous leader, Qdogg or known as -q-. We do not have an official leader whatsoever and decision was made by majority vote. But because I was appointed co-leader by the former leader, I was leading the team while we officially do not have our own leader yet. I have to ask someone higher up for setting roles or removing roles.  

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I think it's weird that you want to revamp a team that by definition is reactive and not proactive. A gfx/art/media/whatsoever team is reactive in making the creative things. People apply to get things made cause you can't make a nice Banner (example) without knowing what the person wants on/in it. People that are in the team is/should be reactive people and not that proactive as an individual. I believe that another team called PR (team if you want it like that) would be better due to it per definition being a proactive team contra the reactive creative team. The PR team would request to get banner, posters, advertising stuff done by the creative team due to how they work instead of mixing reactive and proactive. I get the idea of making a revamp due to inactivity and lack of leadership but I don't think it's the right aproach. We should "clean up" the creative team for inactive members or re-activate them. Find out who would like to do PR stuff and who wants to do community requests. PR would focus on advertisement and communication outside of gfl to atract more people. They would also advertise events for servers and the gfl event team. I feel as if marketing involves money and PR is more communication and advertisements etc.

This is just feedback, no hard feelings to the idea or anything :-)

tl:dr You're lazy if you read this so scroll up ffs

Nerd

Achievements

I just want to clarify things. I had a talk with Roy about this.

1. Creative Team will be renamed to Marketing Team.
  2. About 7 new members will join the team for promoting GFL / practically they're the social media / announcer.
  3. Something about sponsoring.
  4. GFX and Media team will stay but it'll just branch into one whole section. As far as how the rank goes is unknown.
  5. The forums will be adjusted for the section.

That's all. For profiting, like the GFL shop, it is still on-hold and is part of the Marketing but not any time soon.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

22 minutes ago, Bae said:

I just want to clarify things. I had a talk with Roy about this.

Haven't we all spoken to roy? :-)

He wanted me to put it here for you guys to see and talk about. Not to be locked at one thing

Nerd

Achievements

1 hour ago, Worgee said:

Haven't we all spoken to roy? :-)

He wanted me to put it here for you guys to see and talk about. Not to be locked at one thing

Oh, I was talking to him to help him last night. He no watch for his health! >:O

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I was wondering what you guys thought of "Media Team"? This would include GFX, marketing, and event coordinators.

Thanks!

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I recall suggesting this a while ago.  I liked the idea then, and I still like elements of it now.  I am slightly hesitant of it because I really want to push a more proactive name, and now I feel like "Media" still sounds too reactive or waiting for requests.

I think it's still a good compromise to this idea of "Marketing Team" and I really like the merging idea, and I'd be willing to give it a thumbs up even if it's not perfectly aligned with the suggestion.  It would certainly help combat the small and inactive teams by turning it into one large (more) active team.

Edited by Joshy