Joshy

Assistant/Co- or Trial Manager

Senior admins are basically the same thing, I don’t know about everyone, but some managers I’ve talked too (including me) definitely don’t have anyone on their admin team who can fill this role.

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I'm not suggesting every server has this role (ie. Trial Manager exists and now every server must have a Trial Manager too), but to have the role available should it be helpful for the server (ie. We don't need a Trial Manager and so we wont have one... or I think Blabla Nameofperson will be a helpful asset for this server and is our new Trial Manager)

I think the gap between Senior/Head Admin and Server Manager is still too large.  I remember having a thread about one of the Server Admins with Root permissions.  It was determined at that time, that we shouldn't be doing that.  What we have now is people from Server Manager stepping down because they cannot fully commit even though they have the talent GFL is looking for; we also have no clear candidate for someone succeeding a Server Manager when they change positions (promotions, demotions, leaving community, etc.), and Server Admin to Z/Root or NFO access still looks like a big jump to me.  I'm proposing this position so that there is something that exists where it is acceptable for someone to have Z/Root or NFO access either for retaining talent (someone stepping down), partial talent (someone has some background in this but cannot commit all the way), for help or training purposes.  I think it's more obvious when it's someone with some type of Manager -like title, but I wouldn't be against supporting it for Senior/Head Admins if we're firmly against having an extra badge or title.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

+2 bring back that dank trial manager color.

rename to Mini-Manager :lenny:

In all seriousness I think this would be helpful, especially for servers like purge whose managers would need training prior to full ownership of the server. Giving Co-access i’m not sure about given that one of the two would clearly have more experience than the other and co-ownership could be done eventually once the trainee learns enough about management.

I agree it wouldn’t be mandatory for every server, that’s unrealistic.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

Posted  Edited by Rose

This has the potential to be very successful on some servers. Not only would it relieve some of the burden server managers have, it will bring a friendly face for players to talk to when the other server manager isn't there. 

Great idea @Joshy!

Edited by Rose

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

I think bringing back trial manager would be a good idea. We seem to have a fairly big problem with management and the lack of quality going out so having a trial manager phase would help show us if someone is ready to actually be a full manager and can actually handle the responsibilities of being one.

As for assistant managers I'd say no. People used them as a means of doing no work and letting the other do almost all of it. I think if a manager cant handle the server with their current team then him/her shouldn't be manager at all. After all we have Developers and Division Leaders to assist the manager whenever possible so an assistant really isn't needed at all. 

Achievements

59 minutes ago, RickGrimesTM said:

I think bringing back trial manager would be a good idea. We seem to have a fairly big problem with management and the lack of quality going out so having a trial manager phase would help show us if someone is ready to actually be a full manager and can actually handle the responsibilities of being one.

I agree, being that the DL's actually take time to train the manager during this period. I know some managers, like @Winter who started out knowing absolutely nothing and basically tought himself, and got some help from others on how to do the very basics and not much past. I feel this is the biggest problem and needs to be addressed and have it where managers can actually get the knowledge they deserve.

though most managers should have a pretty "decent" understanding of what their getting into, like for example, over the summer I setup a dedicated jailbreak server so i could learn the server files and how they work, and when I eventually got manager, i instantly knew how to do what i wanted because I had that knowledge. These are the things that should be looked for in managers rather than just having "dedication" to the server

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

I would love to see Trial-manager come back especially in the csgo division due to how some of the managers still have alot to learn before they are true managers. The question is would the current manager or the DL train them due to how most of the servers are set up by the current managers. Bork.

Former: CSGO DL

Former: CSGO TTT Manager

5 hours ago, Bonk said:

I would love to see Trial-manager come back especially in the csgo division due to how some of the managers still have alot to learn before they are true managers. The question is would the current manager or the DL train them due to how most of the servers are set up by the current managers. Bork.

I would hope the proposed Trial Manager would learn from everyone they can although I think the typical chain of command would suit this well.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I like the thought process on adding this. Is there going to be a new role on the forums ?? (ie: Director, Server Admin and ETC.) I saw 'Trial-Manager' been used by CSGO 1v1 server, I believe that it should be append to servers and the forums! :) 

GFL Current and Former Positions:

GFL Media Team Graphic Arts

Former GMod Deathrun (US) Senior-Admin

Former GMod Prop Hunt (US) Admin

Former GMod Jailbreak (US) Trial-Admin

Former GMod Breach Admin

Former GMod Hide and Seek Admin

STEAM Profile
YouTube || GFLClan || GameTracker || Discord: Lynx#9968

ZssHI1C.jpg

GUxvRJS.jpg

~Made by the lovely @Rose::x: Thanks. <3

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae
3 hours ago, Kubnair said:

I think we had a trial manager 3 months ago

it was unofficial; but they made it a thing without actually making it official. People can have assistant managers; but I think they're talking about the official rank that says "trial/assistant manager"

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements