Wolfii

GFL Sponsored CS:GO Team?

Hello all!

I had an idea earlier today.

What if we had gotten a sponsored CS:GO team to potentially compete in tourneys?

I know that ESL has some tournaments, with earnings and without.

If the team gets big, we could have the GFL logo on jackets as we go into the tournaments.

Thoughts?

This is highly unlikely to happen. GFL isn't the most stable after all the recent incidents, we cannot afford to pay people for playing CS:GO without even knowing if they'll bring in any money at all.

We would only lose money.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

15 minutes ago, Dano said:

This is highly unlikely to happen. GFL isn't the most stable after all the recent incidents, we cannot afford to pay people for playing CS:GO without even knowing if they'll bring in any money at all.

We would only lose money.

It could be just as simple as them advertising ingame, on the website, etc. And the jackets, etc. would be only if we made it to large tourneys/GFL was in a stable financial state.

Posted  Edited by Finnick
53 minutes ago, epicawesomewolf said:

It could be just as simple as them advertising ingame, on the website, etc. And the jackets, etc. would be only if we made it to large tourneys/GFL was in a stable financial state.

I honestly don't see what the point is, in making a csgo team for gfl

We do have an overwatch team, but you're asking for jackets, which most likely could cost 50-60 dollars per person (if you're thinking of leather) and possibly even 10 more dollars to add the fucking logo onto it.

You say the jackets would only be if we made it to large tourneys

well, how do you know if we will even get into large tourneys? Buying jackets before knowing something seems a bit irresponsible.

It's like buying a pre-paid credit card and trying to use it on Overwatch lootboxes, and then after an hour later, you realize you can't use prepaid credit cards on Blizzard.

And large tourneys don't happen often, so the jackets wouldn't be needed very much at all.

I do agree with @Dano, it's best before getting things done first, before trying to spend money on gfl players.

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

16 minutes ago, Finnick said:

well, how do you know if we will even get into large tourneys? Buying jackets before knowing something seems a bit irresponsible.

I said in my post that IF we made it into large tourneys, we could POTENTIALLY look into jackets.

Posted  Edited by Finnick - Edit Reason: added - "No jackets" could confuse others of me saying yeah to jacket idea, which btw is still a stupid idea
6 hours ago, epicawesomewolf said:

I said in my post that IF we made it into large tourneys, we could POTENTIALLY look into jackets.

Even though, jackets seem very pointless and seem like a cliche idea

Soooo yeah, no jackets.

Edited by Finnick
added - "No jackets" could confuse others of me saying yeah to jacket idea, which btw is still a stupid idea

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

This isn't going to happen with our budget and I doubt Roy would even allow it. Right now, our focus is to bring back our population and economy. We don't have any time to even do this or have the money for. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

1 hour ago, Bae said:

This isn't going to happen with our budget and I doubt Roy would even allow it. Right now, our focus is to bring back our population and economy. We don't have any time to even do this or have the money for. 

True. Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, Major_Push said:

#GFLMerchandise

topkek

This^^ We could raise money and be comfortable at the same time!