Jinn

Connection Issues

8 hours ago, Riggs said:

After using the commands cl-updaterate and cl_cmdrate, the drops have become less frequent. Still an issue though. When they do happen, I have experienced packet loss of 65% or more at times. The commands help temporarily but don't solve the issue completely.  During spikes, I have found that I am not having a ping spike. Highest ping I've had during a spike was 75 when my normal is 25-40. I'll be monitoring my ping on the server more often to see if that's maybe the issue. 

I just thought about this after but what is your cpu and gpu, more so cpu and what other programs are you running when on ze? was just wondering if this went through anyone elses head but hardware also has bandwidth limits and how much can be put through at say these spikes I am wondering what is happening on the server it's self, and what your cpu must process.

Achievements

8 hours ago, i have had it up to duck said:

I just thought about this after but what is your cpu and gpu, more so cpu and what other programs are you running when on ze? was just wondering if this went through anyone elses head but hardware also has bandwidth limits and how much can be put through at say these spikes I am wondering what is happening on the server it's self, and what your cpu must process.

It crossed my mind, but I would think his FPS would drop to nothing if his CPU was maxing out. I could be wrong though, never experienced it personally (I've been fortunate enough to always have an overkill cpu). I guess it could make sense that a maxed out CPU could sustain a certain FPS while hindering network performance. It's definitely something to check, but I'm leaning towards a rate/routing path/networking issue.

On 3/3/2018 at 1:43 AM, Decoy said:

it could make sense that a maxed out CPU could sustain a certain FPS while hindering network performance

If it was an issue with my CPU maxing out than it would have been an issue when I first started playing ZE (Same cpu at time of first play) It wouldn't be an issue over 3 months later.

jinnd1.png

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

If it was an issue with my CPU maxing out than it would have been an issue when I first started playing ZE (Same cpu at time of first play) It wouldn't be an issue over 3 months later.

Yeah, we're just throwing out ideas since you have yet to run a traceroute (tracert 216.52.148.47), extended ping test (ping 216.52.148.47 -t), or simply running WinMTR as Roy suggested. Even if they don't show ping spikes, they may show severe packet loss due to your routing path to the server. Share the results once you have them.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for posting on such an old post. But I've realized that there has been quite some time since the last reply.

Is your problem solved?

Cheers!

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png