Mad Man

Ban Appeal

Name: Mad Man

Steam ID:progamersnextdoor

Banned by:Thesadbandit

Ban reason:Targeting

Why you should be unbanned: I was a T searching for a certain player and then next minute im banned for this reason. there was an issue prior about a kos/kill on this particular player, i've had problems with this same player before in previous games. i rarely come on and ive never made any issue for players and or admins. Pyros explained what targeting meant and i only killed this particular player once.

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
13 minutes ago, Mad Man said:

Name: Mad Man

Steam ID:progamersnextdoor

Banned by:Thesadbandit

Ban reason:Targeting

Why you should be unbanned: I was a T searching for a certain player and then next minute im banned for this reason. there was an issue prior about a kos/kill on this particular player, i've had problems with this same player before in previous games. i rarely come on and ive never made any issue for players and or admins. Pyros explained what targeting meant and i only killed this particular player once.

Thank you for your appeal. The person you killed provided video evidence of you saying that you were going to kill him, and the next round after that, you were both innocent and you killed him. That is targetting. To make it easier on you and other people looking at this appeal, I am going to screenshot the comment you did toward freezing, and the round after that the part where you kill him. You also created an RDM round, which also isn't allowed on the server. Also, your Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:50968966 not programersnextdoor. @Mad Man

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 12.24.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 12.24.22 PM.png

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Mad Man

you know what. All g. He seems to cause issues for people, but none the less got banned for killing him once, ill serve the time instead of resolving it.

Edited by Mad Man

You seemed pretty erratic in the video. You even said "aw yes dude you reported me, hell yeah thanks" after killing him. You knew he was inno and tried to say that he said over voice chat "kos me" which he didn't (again this is targetting). I've played with him a lot before, and he reached out to us on discord saying that someone was creating RDM rounds for people to vote on, which isn't allowed in any way.

The rdm thing wasnt my idea. i just went with it and i will admit to that its not allowed but i really didnt do much even with it. i only aimed freezing because i've had prior beef with him where hes trolled, been annoying and he doesnt stop. I dont know if hes caused any issues with people that just what i've seen when im on, and im rarely on. Im in aus so the ping varies so the kos thing not 100% sure, just me messing with him and as i said i killed him once i seem erratic as its 4am where i am and i just finished a tournament for dota 2 which i lost and came on to just have fun. ill take the ban but targeting? that seems like it was the wrong reason.

I thought targeting was when you constantly kill someone round after round. or call a kos round after round? it was all in the same round. again idk what targeting means because i dont know GFL's definition of it (I tried searching for it).

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

I'll reduce the ban to 6 hours, although targeting is when you constantly kill someone, it's also when you tell the person you're going to kill them anytime before the round starts, and kill them. The point of my bans are so people are less toxic and learn to play the GFL way, and through this I think you've learned a bit about it. 

@MilkMan @PB-n-J :locked:

Edited by TheSadBandit