VetusMagnus

Create an "Eco" server

The game known as Eco provides you with a world and a goal: you have 30 (real life) days to advance your civilization from the stone age to modern technology, and use your technology to stop the world from being destroyed by a meteor. 
But there's a catch, your actions have consequences. So if you kill off every elk, or eat all of the tomatoes in the world, then they are permanently gone.
Or when you're going through the industrial age of your civilization, you might pollute your world beyond repair.
The game is about advancing your civilization while balancing your need for resources with the safety of the environment.
The game offers a very detailed skill tree and skill point system.
You increase the rate that you gain skill points by eating different and better foods.
You also get increased skill point gain from building specific types or 'rooms' in your house.
Eco is built for multiplayer, and is tons of fun with a group of people.
Though there is also a solo option for people who wish to play alone.
The game is designed to be moddable. So creating a mod is relatively easy, and installing mods is even easier.

A server ran by GFL for this game would be amazing and it will bring in many new players to our already thriving community, this game is meant to be played with friends and will punish those who go as a lone wolf.

Don't let yourself ever get down, if plan A fails, remember, there is 25 more letters in the alphabet.

This game has quite a good player base, and has quite a bit of community ran servers. You can sometimes run across an "asshole" player who wants to grief and kill progress but that's just about any game. I've never seen someone do it so far, so it's probably far and few between for someone to just grief.

Don't let yourself ever get down, if plan A fails, remember, there is 25 more letters in the alphabet.

I saw this right after writing this post up lol.

Thank you for the suggestion @VetusMagnus! I will look into setting up a server for this game! The first server will most likely be located in Europe since that's where we have our two European OVH machines which are currently under-loaded. In the future, we'll be able to host a server in the United States as well.

Thanks!

Thank you for the consideration @Roy, if you yall do decide to end up going through I will definitely hop on regardless of it being in the EU.  @Joel Smith Yes, the game is very expensive but is well worth your money if you're looking for a fun game to play with a group of friends or a community or people.  

Posted  Edited by VetusMagnus

Let me know how you like it, you should def play a little bit of singleplayer before hopping on to a multiplayer server so you can get a hang of it. @Joel Smith

Edited by VetusMagnus

Hello, so as far as I can tell, community servers are only supported on Windows in Eco. Unfortunately, our OVH machines are running on Linux. I really hope they add support for Linux in the future...

I was going to make a thread on NFO's forum asking if they can add support for Eco so we can set up a server on our NFO machines (Chicago, US). I had this written:

Hello, a newly released game named Eco is supporting community servers. Would it be possible for NFO to add support for this game?

The game is currently growing and I feel it has a lot of potential. From what I've seen, currently community servers are only supported on Windows. Hopefully that'll change in the future.

Steam Store link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/382310/Eco/
SteamDB Eco Server Tool - https://steamdb.info/app/739590/
Guide to setting up an Eco server - https://eco.gamepedia.com/Setting_Up_a_Server

However, I tried installing SteamCMD to install the server on desktop (Windows) and got this error:

17995c034ca294.png

This means only Steam accounts with the game can install servers which will be a problem with NFO. Hopefully they allow anonymous accounts to create servers in the future so we can ask NFO to add support for the game.

I will make a thread on Eco's website later addressing this.

Thanks.

Posted  Edited by i have had it up to here
24 minutes ago, Roy said:

Hello, so as far as I can tell, community servers are only supported on Windows in Eco. Unfortunately, our OVH machines are running on Linux. I really hope they add support for Linux in the future...

I was going to make a thread on NFO's forum asking if they can add support for Eco so we can set up a server on our NFO machines (Chicago, US). I had this written:

However, I tried installing SteamCMD to install the server on desktop (Windows) and got this error:

17995c034ca294.png

This means only Steam accounts with the game can install servers which will be a problem with NFO. Hopefully they allow anonymous accounts to create servers in the future so we can ask NFO to add support for the game.

I will make a thread on Eco's website later addressing this.

Thanks.

no name games tend to listen more as they can only do good or become something if they do not act like [EA]

so I feel there is a high chances of a fast response and a reasonable solution with a thread being made thanks my dude.

also ty @Joel Smith for the app number here is the player base which is pretty close to Gmod last I checked Gmod atleast http://steamcharts.com/app/382310

nvm I thought it was around 5k that was at a dip though in the past iirc but have the current Gmod stats http://steamcharts.com/app/4000

Edited by i have had it up to here

Achievements

2 minutes ago, i have had it up to here said:

no name games tend to listen more as they can only do good or become something if they do not act like [EA]

so I feel there is a high chances of a fast response and a reasonable solution with a thread being made thanks my dude.

I agree, thanks for committing to actually trying to make a server ^_^

32 minutes ago, VetusMagnus said:

I agree, thanks for committing to actually trying to make a server ^_^

meh I figured I would say something positive for once when I felt something looked some what decent.

I still don't think giving the feed back I gave helps at all but I suppose it might lead to a higher understanding of myself if I see something I agree with most times I simply do not comment as I feel I have nothing to add that might help.

but hey what ever makes people understand that I'm not some weird toxic monster gotta show some sides of me that I tend not to show I suppose, as I believe what I said would mean nothing to myself but to others I guess it means something if I read what I said from another I would just view it as useless info as one can not build with it, anyways take care dude.

Achievements