Oqwert

Get more admins/operators to cover other timezones

Right now there are usually no admins or operators online at around 9 AM UTC (morning in Europe) which is when I have free time to play during weekdays, and some players use that time to act like douches because they can't be punished when they are caught in the act.

Well, let me explain to you the flaws in this post.

1. We Don't go activley searching for staff, that looks really unprofessional, many are encouraged to come and apply.
2. Its better to have fewer staff that are higher in quality, then a bunch of sub-par admins.
3. For the reason above, it's hard to find the right candidates

4. Admining is a tough job, and it can seem like a chore, so not everyone wants to become staff.

Hopefully this enlightens you a bit, because I understand the frustration, but aat the same time, it could be worse

Thanks.

--Nap

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

Currently a lot of our admins are US admins. At that time, they are usually at school or a job or asleep. On the weekends I can play at that time. It would be better to get eu admins but since the server is based in the US we don't really have devoted EU players. I will try to get on in the mornings when I can but other than that
Make player reports

If you see a player breaking a rule and no admin is on to handle it, use this guide to make a player report of them.

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

We are always looking for admins! If you're EU and willing to help out, provided you meet the requirements, you could try applying.

Other than that, player reports are very helpful.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Is it possible to report players after they disconnect? I've seen people RDMing others and then disconnecting and their name doesn't appear in the list when using the in-game report tool.

I can't really apply for admin myself as I don't meet the requeriments.

1 hour ago, Oqwert said:

Is it possible to report players after they disconnect? I've seen people RDMing others and then disconnecting and their name doesn't appear in the list when using the in-game report tool.

You can easily report them if you record a video of the reportable action and then just get their steam id through console. 

Type status in console (before they leave) and a list of names and steam id's will pop up. Just copy their name and steam id and follow the report format for that server.

jinnd1.png

4 hours ago, Oqwert said:

Yea, using the report subforum (link in my first post)
Use screenshots of logs or videos for proof and make sure to get their steam id

Achievements

22 hours ago, Nap14hockey said:

Its better to have fewer staff that are higher in quality, then a bunch of sub-par admins.

That's somewhat true. I feel like there should be a step below administrator for people that can deal with the most common situations and are permitted to deal with those situations exclusively.

Admin should still be reserved for pretty capible staff.

40 minutes ago, Aireesan said:

That's somewhat true. I feel like there should be a step below administrator for people that can deal with the most common situations and are permitted to deal with those situations exclusively.

So I play on a server where when no admins are on they have temp mods. These temp mods are given power only when no staff is around. They can do basic gag/mute/kick the simple stuff and can teleport. I don’t see anyone who is fit for this though as most people on breach are immature I can’t imagine them with admin. It only works on that server because there are a lot of respected dedicated players who play without having to be an admin.

Posted  Edited by Aireesan
2 minutes ago, Mr.Trump said:

So I play on a server where when no admins are on they have temp mods. These temp mods are given power only when no staff is around. They can do basic gag/mute/kick the simple stuff and can teleport. I don’t see anyone who is fit for this though as most people on breach are immature I can’t imagine them with admin. It only works on that server because there are a lot of respected dedicated players who play without having to be an admin.

alright. that seems to be a problem in a lot of communities.

Edited by Aireesan

56 minutes ago, Aireesan said:

AHEM
Operators

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...