• 3 weeks later...

05 August 2018

• Implemented self-assignable roles system
  • Added division categories
    • Added servers in the division alone
  • Added a new command called ".roles"

76561198043643390.png

• 1 month later...

Multiple changes were made today (October 04).

• Added Tatsumaki
  • Purged #starboard
  • Moved channels that weren't a part of the category into Lobby
    • Rules-info
    • Announcements
    • Affiliate
    • Streamers
  • Created a role called Events, made it self-assignable
  • Added some emojis
  • Removed #dust2 from CS:S category
  • Changed VIP, Supporter, and Member to not be hoisted

Changes were made by @Kite9867 and I -- more will come soon.

76561198043643390.png

• 4 months later...
Posted  Edited by Liloz01

Progress between 02/02/2019 and 08/02/2019

The Discords listed below now have the same rule sets, moderators, guidelines and therefore moderation standards:

All commands listed in the information boxes in #rules-info channels are now updated and work as they are supposed to. Not all servers are in the GFL Core so some servers may be missing from the .servers command which is in all of the listed Discords. Sorry about this, I need to wait for a DL+ to add them for me.

All listed Discords now have pretty banners and a transparent logo too. Yay.

Edited by Liloz01

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

• 2 years later...

I'll be continuing usage of this thread for documenting updates to our Discord servers!

Globally:

• I've deployed fallback bot instances to most of our global Discord servers, for the sake of redundancy when it comes to tackling any issues that require swapping out tokens as we troubleshoot things. This will come to use when we encounter rare situations like the one earlier this week, where two of our bots freaked out and got heavily rate-limited by Discord.

Main Discord:

• A verified phone number is no longer a requirement to interact with the server.
  • Our anti-flood is now active! We've been raided twice since I locked the server up, and both have been prevented successfully! In total, we have blocked ~300 bots automatically during attempted floods.
  • I have gone through and manually cleaned out a bunch of left over bots from previous raids, around ~175!

Rust Discord:

• Anti-flood has been enabled to prevent bot floods.

Things being worked on currently:

• Looking into implementing an alternative to our old global bans module. The old one barely works anymore, and I am currently in the process of stress testing a replacement. Things are currently looking very promising, so hopefully we will be rolling that out soon!

For any questions, feel free to hit me up! You can reach me on any of our Discord servers - Infra#0001.

For any suggestions, you can use the #suggestions-discussion channel in the Main Discord server: https://gfl.gs/discord

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

• Infra changed the title to Public Discord Change Log
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 8:07 PM, Infra said:

Looking into implementing an alternative to our old global bans module.

We are going to be testing an overhaul to the global Discord ban system soon! I have run some mini tests already, and what I noticed was some ex-global banned users were globally re-banned because they weren't properly un-banned by past systems. Before we proceed to the final stage of testing, I would like to put out a little notice about the upcoming tests.

If you were globally banned previously, and are due for an un-ban from any GFL Discord servers or are unsure if your global ban was properly removed, please reach out to me (Infra#0001) immediately to avoid getting globally re-banned.

I will start the final stage of testing in 7 days, so do make sure to reach out before that if this concerns you. If you decide not to reach out and still get globally re-banned, you will need to follow due process and make an appeal on the forums.

GMod Discord:

• Added a few coloured roles to purchase in the shop! You can access the shop using the ".shop" command. This was a suggestion submitted on the forums - suggestions are always welcome, so feel free to drop them on the forums or in the relevant Discord server.

Major Division Discords (Rust, CS:GO, GMod, TF2):

• Membership Screening is up and running, with auto-roles also back in action with a custom bot that accommodates for the screening measures. This means new joins will need to complete screening before being handed their Player role and being able to interact with channels and other members!

image_10.png

• 4 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by Infra

Globally:

• Bans/unbans are now globally synced across all GFL Discord servers automatically! After a period of testing and mucking about, we are finally at the first stable iteration of this global ban system. Bans and unbans sync across our network of Discord servers in about 30 seconds on average, and I hope to make that faster and more efficient.
  • The gladiator game (--duel) has received a few updates, mostly security fixes that fix....... undesirable things. It has also received a bit of a make-over. That said, a very cool bug with storage of duel stats has been fixed - but will only actually be live once the stats are wiped. Wiping of duel stats in the GFL Main and GMod Discord servers will be happening today.
  • The slots game (.slots) has received a neat little visual overhaul.
  • Alt account verification will now no longer hand out a "verify" role of any kind, instead strip you of all your roles. This will be expanded on in the near future, I am leaning towards making the Player role a lot more valuable in terms of accessing channels.

GFL Main:

• Introducing the new Bot Games category! In an effort to better organise channels, the focus of this category will be channels revolving around the usage of games offered by the many bots we host. Users can opt out of gladiator duels (or the category entirely) if they have no interest in participating.
Edited by Infra

image_10.png