Nick

Help keep GFL on track!

A little known fact is, that the trackers for Council's and Director's work are publicly available. Here you can see what these teams are up to at the moment, what they plan to do, and what they've finished recently (depends on the cleanup interval). I highly encourage everyone to take a look at these every once in a while. In that way you can stay up to date with the current movements within GFL. You may even find a project that you believe you could help with! I also encourage people to discuss the projects with each other and with the project leader and help them get it done in any way possible. We get forward by helping each other as a community.

Council Tracker

Directors Tracker

Division  Trackers (none yet)

KNOCK KNOCK BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING

also this feels like it could easily get out of hand if it goes down the ranks any further (ie to DL and even to server admins) with the demanding to know what's going on

14 minutes ago, motorsteak said:

also this feels like it could easily get out of hand if it goes down the ranks any further (ie to DL and even to server admins) with the demanding to know what's going on

I believe DLs are on level with Council (that ideology might have changed in my absence though), and I believe DLs are the most important ones to be transparent about their work. Without our divisions what would GFL be? Why do you believe this could get out of hand? I think it's only fair that the community can see what's going on. Transparency is good.

28 minutes ago, motorsteak said:

We're not stupid. It makes no sense to require admins to use trello.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

I believe DLs are on level with Council (that ideology might have changed in my absence though), and I believe DLs are the most important ones to be transparent about their work. Without our divisions what would GFL be? Why do you believe this could get out of hand? I think it's only fair that the community can see what's going on. Transparency is good.

it just feels like a slippery slope. After you start watching DL's then what about SM's and then even SA's? Then the next question is what do you look at with what they're doing? How's the performance of each individual person? Are we going to have annual performance reviews or something?

4 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

We're not stupid. It makes no sense to require admins to use trello.

Yeah I don't think it makes sense to do that either and it'd just create more headaches. I get that it's good to have transparency but trying to force it where it could potentially do more harm than good seems like a bad move from a community standpoint.

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

Image result for at that moment he realized gif

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

What if we simply focus on our community and just not over stress about things that we don't need to?

for example it seems insane to think that we would need to do such drastic documentation when we could maybe you know focus on what matter the player base and the server.

and you know give the community the tender loving care it deserves rather then needing massive amounts of info that is over demanding and takes time from the server and the community it's self.

Achievements

I mean I believe Roy already posts what happens in discord quite often (may not be important to all of us) but we appreciate your effort @Roy. I mean Roy already puts what he has to do and what others can help him out with in the forums. 

Small example: 

I don’t think we need to have a “to do list” for everyone but DL’s could make us (the managers) one if they like and THEY could post about via discord or the forums but mainly discord because it is a nicer place to communicate with.

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif

I stopped looking at it for two reasons: i) you left and seemed to be the most active or driven in regards to it, and ii) I have too many opinions and things to say about a lot of the topics, ideas and projects; I don't feel valued in the slightest bit and it's not worth my time to get worked up on it or to invest into it.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit - Edit Reason: grammar fixes
1 hour ago, Nick said:

Division  Trackers (none yet)

Why is a DL tracker so necessary? Why do you want so much transparency within the ranks? If you want to know exactly what the DLs are doing, why not just apply for DL, or for a higher position like Director?

Anyways, I don't see why you nitpick on Gmod (TTT) so much, first you appeal for other people, then you post something in General Discussion about "Odd Bans", attacking admins and asking why people were banned. Maybe if you were active within the community you would know why some people were banned, and if they don't have the initiative to appeal and seek for the evidence toward their bans, don't get involved because in the end, it doesn't involve YOU in any way, and just confuses the admins & creates drama.

Anyways, just wanted to tell you that it's not very professional to attack admins of certain servers (TTT), if you have a problem with how things are handled, you can always contact our Server Manager @MilkMan, a dope motherfucker lemme tell you.

Can't you just leave higher-up roles doing what they do as not-so transparent? I don't see it as necessary for everyone to know what the higher-ups are doing (especially if they post surprises for the server on Trello).

Edited by TheSadBandit
grammar fixes

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

There used to be a DL Tracker for the CS:GO Division I think, @rapperdan could you confirm this? I can't remember, it was filled with stuff that had to be done (only a bit was done) but overall it did get the old DLs Delta and Hacking back on track somewhat of.

Achievements

3 minutes ago, Syntax said:

There used to be a DL Tracker for the CS:GO Division I think, @rapperdan could you confirm this? I can't remember, it was filled with stuff that had to be done (only a bit was done) but overall it did get the old DLs Delta and Hacking back on track somewhat of.

yes

Achievements

3 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

Why is a DL tracker so necessary? Why do you want so much transparency within the ranks? If you want to know exactly what the DLs are doing, why not just apply for DL, or for a higher position like Director?

Anyways, I don't see why you nitpick on Gmod (TTT) so much, first you appeal for other people, then you post something in General Discussion about "Odd Bans", attacking admins and asking why people were banned. Maybe if you were active within the community you would know why some people were banned, and if they don't have the initiative to appeal and seek for the evidence toward their bans, don't get involved because in the end, it doesn't involve YOU in any way, and just confuses the admins & creates drama.

Anyways, just wanted to tell you that it's not very professional to attack admins of certain servers (TTT), if you have a problem with how things are handled, you can always contact our Server Manager @MilkMan, a dope motherfucker lemme tell you.

Can't you just leave higher-up roles doing what they do as not-so transparent? I don't see it as necessary for everyone to know what the higher-ups are doing (especially if they post surprises for the server on Trello).

Does nobody else find it odd that at least two well-known highly technical people with a proven...  meh...

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Nick

Oh, this reaction caught me off-guard, aha. They have chosen themselves to keep doing this, and it was decided long time ago to keep those public. I'm not forcing anything. I am not actively doing anything here. I see Council and DL as equals thus it would be logical to me that they have a tracker too. Inactive staff has always been a problem. Now you complain about tracking and tomorrow you will complain about people being inactive. 

4 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

This post has nothing to do with 80% of your message. However, I'll comment on it. The higher ups want transparency. It has forever been a problem. I'm simply passing on the unknown tools. My "Odd Bans" did not want to call anyone out. Our bans are a problem and lots acknowledged that. I am not attacking TTT in any way. It's an objective fact that they have the highest perm ban rate for non-hackers. Furthermore, I know Directors and Council members are looking into it, so the problem has been acknowledged by higher-ups. I know my post came off wrong; I simply wanted the right people to see it. If you as an admin cannot stand by your work (bans, etc.), then you should probably change something. TTT is known for having bad documentation and, in my opinion, trigger-happy admins. I'm glad it's being sorted out, but I believe the community can be involved in bringing GFL forward. Your mindset is why GFL is dying. 

@MilkMan, I don't have permission to view whatever you posted. 

5 hours ago, Joshy said:

I stopped looking at it for two reasons: i) you left and seemed to be the most active or driven in regards to it, and ii) I have too many opinions and things to say about a lot of the topics, ideas and projects; I don't feel valued in the slightest bit and it's not worth my time to get worked up on it or to invest into it.

I get your point, Joshy. This thread is a prime example of how many here will actively work against you for weak reasons. You need a rank in GFL in order to have say. Otherwise, you will be told off. 

This is a community. We are all in it together. We should improve it together. People kept telling me, when I made some radical changes internally, that "You don't need a rank to help.". This is clearly false, and it saddens me. Everyone should be listened to, respected, and have a say. 

Edited by Nick

How is that even possible? I didn’t even delete mine.

6 hours ago, MilkMan said:

I mean I believe Roy already posts what happens in discord quite often (may not be important to all of us) but we appreciate your effort @Roy. I mean Roy already puts what he has to do and what others can help him out with in the forums. 

Small example: 

I don’t think we need to have a “to do list” for everyone but DL’s could make us (the managers) one if they like and THEY could post about via discord or the forums but mainly discord because it is a nicer place to communicate with.

Posted  Edited by MilkMan - Edit Reason: Yes
1 hour ago, Nick said:

Oh, this reaction caught me off-guard, aha. They have chosen themselves to keep doing this, and it was decided long time ago to keep those public. I'm not forcing anything. I am not actively doing anything here. I see Council and DL as equals thus it would be logical to me that they have a tracker too. Inactive staff has always been a problem. Now you complain about tracking and tomorrow you will complain about people being inactive. 

This post has nothing to do with 80% of your message. However, I'll comment on it. The higher ups want transparency. It has forever been a problem. I'm simply passing on the unknown tools. My "Odd Bans" did not want to call anyone out. Our bans are a problem and lots acknowledged that. I am not attacking TTT in any way. It's an objective fact that they have the highest perm ban rate for non-hackers. Furthermore, I know Directors and Council members are looking into it, so the problem has been acknowledged by higher-ups. I know my post came off wrong; I simply wanted the right people to see it. If you as an admin cannot stand by your work (bans, etc.), then you should probably change something. TTT is known for having bad documentation and, in my opinion, trigger-happy admins. I'm glad it's being sorted out, but I believe the community can be involved in bringing GFL forward. Your mindset is why GFL is dying. 

I get your point, Joshy. This thread is a prime example of how many here will actively work against you for weak reasons. You need a rank in GFL in order to have say. Otherwise, you will be told off. 

This is a community. We are all in it together. We should improve it together. People kept telling me, when I made some radical changes internally, that "You don't need a rank to help.". This is clearly false, and it saddens me. Everyone should be listened to, respected, and have a say. 

No one can get along here. It hasn’t happened for QUITE some time. I think I could be wrong cause I was quite new but around 2015-2016 was our prime year maybe not our collaboration but our servers. That made things easier and made everyone happier and laxed. Seeing all these servers going out it seems as if everyone is going against each other’s ideas on how to bring back these servers and make things “better.” 

Edited by MilkMan
Yes

7 minutes ago, MilkMan said:

No one can get along here. It hasn’t happened for QUITE some time. I think I could be wrong cause I was quite new but around 2015-2016 was our prime year maybe not our collaboration but our servers. That made things easier and made everyone happier and laxed. Seeing all these servers going out it seems as if everyone is going against each other’s ideas on how to bring back these servers and make things “better.” 

It's always either people against change, people who just won't listen or people who just dont give a shit anymore. Our community isn't gonna make it if people continue with this bullshit. I swear the only thing people go for in this community is higher up (manager +) and once they get there they don't do anything with it. And it's people like that who are pushing the community towards it's downfall. 

1 hour ago, -_Fx_- said:

It's always either people against change, people who just won't listen or people who just dont give a shit anymore. Our community isn't gonna make it if people continue with this bullshit. I swear the only thing people go for in this community is higher up (manager +) and once they get there they don't do anything with it. And it's people like that who are pushing the community towards it's downfall. 

Thank you for destroying my ego. This community is now going to die because you have said that to me.

6 hours ago, Nick said:

Actually, the point within my post is to be not-so transparent. I get you're trying to help the community, but a Member that keeps nitpicking at Admins on how to do their jobs is annoying as hell, especially when they question certain bans (I won't say there aren't trigger happy admins), but I follow a specific set of rules before banning someone. For starters, I run their SteamIDs through SB, if they have 2 one week bans, they get a perma ban, or if they have a one week and a one month they also get a perma. Second, if the person is hacking/advertising. And of course Gmod TTT is going to have the highest number of Permanent bans, the server has been around for like 6 years, and has always kept 20+ playercount during it's peak hours, I wouldn't suspect it of not having as many Perm bans as it has, just based off time, and the kind of person that joins. TTT is known to be a toxic cancerous server, and when that kind of people join, they usually mass rdm, ghost, or do other week-long ban-worthy things, and as a TTT Admin I take action on that, as well as the people you had tagged in your post (who are not trigger happy admins). Anyways, back to the transparency. I get that council and Director agreed to make their things public, I understand that they are the 2 highest ranks, and they are the ones who control GFL as a whole. What I don't understand is why we need DL trackers, why do we need to know how they control the servers, and what plans they have with them, and track the every move of DLs. After DLs you're going to want to track Server Managers, and then Senior Admins, and then regular Admins, and etc. I don't see these trackers as something useful, as I don't see 100% transparency useful either.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member