kneegerrlover123

The Event Coordinator Team

I'm objective in this shit. Ik some are active and some are hella inactive. It's the same throughout GFL, some are active and some are not. We just gotta deal with it and move on man... There's a saying I love in danish "There's no used to be like that/I used to to that". There literally is what we have and we gotta work with that.... too many are stuck in the past and we need to move forward as the community we are. I'm having a meeting about events soon. I will probably record and publish it (minor editing if we end talking personal shit or w/e)

Nerd

Achievements

I do not think that I can manage in any shape or form to describe it the way @Joshy did, thanks!

As for @Worgee, whilst honestly some people were definitely inactive, they did actually help Darkling and I throughout brainstorming, again, please do not view it from a timeline after I left, I'm not saying I was a sort of critical member but I definitely had a place there, everyone worked like a team, people were giving out ideas and I would organize them and create threads with everyone in them, it was actually more organized than anyone would think, merging with the Media Team as I said before wasn't ALL that bad, and from a higher up POV once could decipher the poor structure EC had as it never branched from a major team, but still, it was poorly done.

In all honesty, I won't put my needs over other's, since the consequences of the return of the EC Team would probably lead me to applying, which I'd be more than happy if I were to be accepted once again but, I still believe that we should focus on the main issues of GFL such as the main divisions and the entire structure of it.

As for the Media Team, I'm very certain that they have reformed, or so I've been told. My previous experience with them was extremely horrible, I'd request GFX Arts to not then receive them in time or never do. It was plain horrible right off the bat. That team has always been infamous and that was one of the reasons I didn't want ECs to merge with them.

PS: I had to do artworks my self or request one of the GCC or other community media team members to do them for me. The term here is useless.

Thanks,

Syntax.

Achievements

You have great enthusiasm; I like that. As people continue to say (and continue to disprove :lul:) you do not need a rank to help GFL. I believe Worgee suggested, that Event Coordinators could be assigned per event, and then PR would do their PR-magic. I don't think we need a team for this. Events should be organized by whoever wants to. E.g. it makes more sense for a Server Admin to host a server event, Discord mods for Discord events, etc.. 

However, I do agree, that someone should be responsible for "leading" this. That could be a Council member or someone on the PR-team. That person would be responsible for streamlining all of our events so they appear in the same areas and get the same PR-love (might be dependent on the individual events). The "leader" should also reach out to our members and ask if they would like to host an event. The "leader" should also encourage brainstorming and maybe maintain a larger set of idea, that could eventually be executed.

tl;dr I don't believe we need an entire team for this. 

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

One could generally debate lots of things and criticize the team, I understand that, and I do acknowledge the full fact that the team did fail no matter what I claim after I left or whatsoever bullshit I say, after all it did fail.

The thing is, whilst GFL should -in my honest opinion- attempt to remain as original as possible, it is undeniably hard to just not accept the fact that most communities out there already have a title for this, surely this could be an alternative, rather than having an official team we could just have titles, badges, and what not. Most communities already have these things set up and produce a very decent amount of events on a monthly basis, I'm not saying we should feed off of it, but since the main core idea is already so spread out, we just can't deny that it's massive existence within the gaming communities can't reflect it's success and liability.

Thanks to all who participated in this and shared their neutral opinions without integrating their personal ideology and view.

Achievements