rapperdan

Moving ones own content to other forum sections

As I said in my reply, your suggestion would need us to spend hours setting up perms, discussing where they can move things to, change the perms. And that's only if it's possible to set them up. As I'm pretty sure that if you can move a post, you can move any post, even if locked. (Of course, to places where you can post things)

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

12 minutes ago, Joshy said:

What if people could edit their own posts and abuse it.  I'm scared.

Editing and moving a post is 2 drastically different perms. For starters, you can lock a post if someone is editing their comment/post, while you can't do so while someone is spam moving it into different subforums as the destination is constantly changing and you'll get an error message that says "this post has been moved" or something along those lines. At least that's what I remember when moving a post that someone else had moved to the Completed folder for one of the Media Team requests that was completed.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

1 minute ago, TheSadBandit said:

Editing and moving a post is 2 drastically different perms. For starters, you can lock a post if someone is editing their comment/post, while you can't do so while someone is spam moving it into different subforums as the destination is constantly changing and you'll get an error message that says "this post has been moved" or something along those lines. At least that's what I remember when moving a post that someone else had moved to the Completed folder for one of the Media Team requests that was completed.

Correct me if I am wrong @Joshy but what I believe he is referring to is this is the exact same reactions that we had towards allowing people to editing there own content and the exact same when we brought up the idea to hide our own content history repeats it's self and we are naturally scared of the what if we always will be and I don't see this stopping anytime soon with any new idea brought up that takes a little power and puts it into the hands of others it's almost like we need to be the one with it and well simply need to be in control or else things melt when that is simply not the case if we allow people to be people we end up with a better well oiled machine by catering to the natural way instead of the forceful way.

Achievements

Anyways, yall can say whatever  you want, it's up to Council in the end if they want to implement it, and the time it would take to code this into the system the way dan wants would take way too long, and I don't think anyone would want to go through the stress of coding it in, especially not @Roy, at least tag him in this if you're going to mention him. 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

6 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Anyways, yall can say whatever  you want, it's up to Council in the end if they want to implement it, and the time it would take to code this into the system the way dan wants would take way too long, and I don't think anyone would want to go through the stress of coding it in, especially not @Roy, at least tag him in this if you're going to mention him. 

I'm not sure if much coding would be involved or hard hours other then changing perms for groups :L

correct me if I'm wrong though and maybe like a few times where we would adjust things down the road you know the good ol factory jobs of doing the same thing over and over again can be pretty annoying but I can't exactly say we are implemented a new module on to the forums or even creating one which would be how you make it out to be :L

Achievements