thecoldsoldier

Trump's "Zero Tolerance" Policy

I'm pretty sure all of you have heard what is going on the U.S.-Mexican border. If you haven't heard about it here's a quick rundown.

Trump is separating Children from their parents, taking the Children in the U.S. and leaving the parents in Mexico.

People may have different views on this policy,  but nonetheless, it is not very ethical.

Separating Children from parents will have a negative impact on Children's lives. 

Also the way they attempt to defend it is also weak and controversial.

The Attorney General for the U.S., Jeff Sessions, used a biblical verse to defend the Trump's Zero Tolerance policy.

Using the Verse "Obey the laws of the government because god has ordained them for the purpose of order".

This verse was controversial because Slave Owners in the 18th and 19th century paid preachers to tell their slaves this to defend Slavery in the U.S. 

(This is my own opinion, and no I'm not democratic, but in this situation I am siding with them.)

2 hours ago, thecoldsoldier said:

The Attorney General for the U.S., Jeff Sessions, used a biblical verse to defend the Trump's Zero Tolerance policy.

Using the Verse "Obey the laws of the government because god has ordained them for the purpose of order".

All I'll say is that officials who use religious maxims to justify their government's actions are probably lacking for justification in other aspects. It's more or less an attempted resurrection of the divine right of kings.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

3 hours ago, thecoldsoldier said:

I'm pretty sure all of you have heard what is going on the U.S.-Mexican border. If you haven't heard about it here's a quick rundown.

Trump is separating Children from their parents, taking the Children in the U.S. and leaving the parents in Mexico.

People may have different views on this policy,  but nonetheless, it is not very ethical.

Separating Children from parents will have a negative impact on Children's lives. 

Also the way they attempt to defend it is also weak and controversial.

This verse was controversial because Slave Owners in the 18th and 19th century paid preachers to tell their slaves this to defend Slavery in the U.S. 

(This is my own opinion, and no I'm not democratic, but in this situation I am siding with them.)

I'm sorry to put a little bit of well-known knowledge out there.

Crossing the border illegally = illegal

illegal = breaking the law

if 2 mexicans have a child in america, the child is american, therefore can't be deported because he/she is an american citizen

Of course because it's a Trump idea, it must be a bad one.

I guess so are the jail systems that incarcerate people who break the law, have you ever thought of how many parents of children there are in our jails? Should we just release people because they have kids, even though they broke the law?

Don't take this comment as me being against immigration, I'm against illegal immigration. I am all for illegal immigration in some cases, for example if the escapees are evacuating a war-torn country, then I don't see anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't expect Mexicans to cross the border because they want a better life and think that crossing the border ILLEGALLY is the way to do it.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Harakoni

Didn't the original idea for the policy come into effect from the Obama administration...?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/18/years-backlash-obama-policy-on-illegal-immigrants-children-was-also-slammed-by-critics.html 

Edited by Harakoni

8 minutes ago, Harakoni said:

Didn't the policy come into effect from the Obama administration...?

Yes and no, the policy of taking kids away from parents is Trump's Administration, but the Obama Administration would take the whole family and cram them into a "jail cell" that was meant for 2 people, usually housing 6-7. 

Anyways, there is no Trump policy that removes parents from their children, it's more of a legal loophole in which the child can't be deported with the parents due to a legal "blanket" that they are granted immunity from deportation laws.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/19/what-trumps-zero-tolerance-immigration-policy-means-for-children-separated-from-families-at-border.html

You can read all about it there, not saying Fox News because it's a Republican site, but it shows the real truth, instead of saying "Oh Trump is an asshole" and such, it states the truths behind this topic, I'm not an avid user of only Fox News, but all the other Democratic sites didn't show anything close to this.

1 hour ago, TheSadBandit said:

I'm sorry to put a little bit of well-known knowledge out there.

Crossing the border illegally = illegal

illegal = breaking the law

if 2 mexicans have a child in america, the child is american, therefore can't be deported because he/she is an american citizen

Of course because it's a Trump idea, it must be a bad one.

I guess so are the jail systems that incarcerate people who break the law, have you ever thought of how many parents of children there are in our jails? Should we just release people because they have kids, even though they broke the law?

Don't take this comment as me being against immigration, I'm against illegal immigration. I am all for illegal immigration in some cases, for example if the escapees are evacuating a war-torn country, then I don't see anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't expect Mexicans to cross the border because they want a better life and think that crossing the border ILLEGALLY is the way to do it.

First of all, Trump is starting to redeem himself in my eyes when he went to the summit with Kim Jon Un, just because Trump made it doesn't make it bad, that is just something you thought.

All I am saying is if we are going to take families over here, make it whole, or not at all, or hell, let the families decide they have brains.

And no, if someone broke the law, then they should be imprisoned. If they have children allow them to see them more often, at events or something along the lines of that.

Plus, Mexican immigrants come here legally through Visa's and they just overstay their visa. This was called the "circular flow" and it worked until Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush increased the amount of border control and it kept more Immigrants in than it did out.

I'm not even going to get into the wall that trump is starting near San Diego.

it's *ethical* because the law is the law, however cold or cruel it may be, and it is truly a disgusting one

however it is *immoral* because, disregarding what the law says (the law is not always 100% positive), you're ripping families apart; at least deport the child to live with the illegal immigrant father/mother and allow the child to enter the US legally freely, and allow the parents to go through the legal process if they want to come with.

note; my idea of ethicality and morality involves the following -

Morality - the idea that an intellectual individual differentiates between right and wrong in terms of a human situation

(aka a man choosing to either kill an innocent man or go to jail while framed).

Ethicality - the idea that a system of ruling or government chooses what is right and what is wrong; this can either side with morality or not

Philosophy's nice, but it's also a bit terrifying if you dip your toes in too deep.

I still like learning, though.

also i need an nsfw approval for my potential aura x rogue thing MAKE IT HAPPEN

34 minutes ago, thecoldsoldier said:

First of all, Trump is starting to redeem himself in my eyes when he went to the summit with Kim Jon Un, just because Trump made it doesn't make it bad, that is just something you thought.

All I am saying is if we are going to take families over here, make it whole, or not at all, or hell, let the families decide they have brains.

And no, if someone broke the law, then they should be imprisoned. If they have children allow them to see them more often, at events or something along the lines of that.

Plus, Mexican immigrants come here legally through Visa's and they just overstay their visa. This was called the "circular flow" and it worked until Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush increased the amount of border control and it kept more Immigrants in than it did out.

I'm not even going to get into the wall that trump is starting near San Diego.

One small (not so small, it's more like huge) problem is that if we jail immigrants for illegally being in the country, 1. taxes would raise incredibly, due to the high amount of illegal immigrants, and the higher number of illegal aliens entering the country after the Obama Administration, it would literally break the US economic system. If we jailed those people instead of deport them. Here's a little bit of statistic, it costs $30-60k to take care of ONE inmate from taxpayer's money. There are 2.3 million people incarcerated (approximately), and there are 11ish million illegal immigrants. That's like 5x the amount of what taxpayers would pay, instead of the prison system costing $40 billion of taxpayer's money, it would cost $200 billion, something no one wants to pay, so it is much easier and cheaper and better for everyone to just deport those who are here illegally.