im not inactive you are

Media Team Updates

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

Under my leadership there have been many changes to the Media Team and many to come, one of the changes is in the Media Team Application process.

Media Team has a new role, it's called Trainee. A short description of this new role is: it's the Trial-Admin/Operator of the Media Team. It's a role for those who feel they don't have the skills to become Media Team, but are wanting to learn, and to eventually become Media Team material. Not everyone is cut for Media Team, but if you are eager to learn, you can apply for Media Team Trainee! Simply put the role you want, and select Trainee, and it will tell us you want to be trained in that specific role, or if you are simply unsure of what role you want to do, just select Trainee!

Difference between Member and Trainee

Member - Rank/role in forums. Their work is used for GFL, they are Media Team. They also get tested when they apply, to make sure they are fit for the role.

Trainee - No rank/role in forums. Access to the Media Team Discord only. They get to spectate and see how Media Team Member role is, they get to learn (if they are willing to), and after the time period of 1-2 months, they will be tested on their skills, if we see improvement they will be voted upon the team, and we will make a decision if they have the skills to join Member, if they don't, they can stay as the role until they are deemed as Members.

Media Team Member/Trainee applications are always open!

Apply here!

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

I'm personally a big fan of this idea, however, how could one be trained to be a media team member? Particularly a GFX one? wouldnt that take a reasonable amount of time? Media team members should come with previous baggage and a very decent knowledge of how to use some necessary software. Same for devs kinda.

But sure some new stuff for the media team, why not. 

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Syntax said:

I'm personally a big fan of this idea, however, how could one be trained to be a media team member? Particularly a GFX one? wouldnt that take a reasonable amount of time? Media team members should come with previous baggage and a very decent knowledge of how to use some necessary software. Same for devs kinda.

But sure some new stuff for the media team, why not. 

As a GFX Member that learned everything from scratch, it took me a bit of time, but everyday I play around with Photoshop, because there are endless possibilities of creations you can do. Playing around with the different settings and such, and just teaching newcomers what I've learned from doing so. It took me around 4 years of playing around with the different widgets to find out the function of a lot of them (and some I don't use because I never got around to playing with them). 

Sure they should come with previous baggage, but as long as someone is willing to learn, I and the rest of the team can always instruct them with different videos and tools we use to show them. As well as showing them the characteristics of a media team member, and teach them how to be one from the ground-up. It's like having a Trial-Admin, once you teach him the basics, they can play around and learn how to become full members.

Update: Working on transparency for Media Team onto GFL as to the changes we are implementing. This will become a place where I post any major updates. I will be using it as a Change Log, so GFL is updated as to what our current stance is.

Major Update(s) for today/this week:

Streamer/Video Editor split into their own separate categories, although when applying it'll still be listed as the same, just specify which one of the 2 you're applying for. 

Changed how 2nd in Command position within Media Team works, instead of having 1 as co-leader, there are now multiple (3 at the moment) 2nd in Commands. @CrusTi (streamer) @JerryBomb (video editor) and @Zeugma or Omnibenevolence (writer). They will be sub-managing the roles they are in, giving Member applicants tests and seeking projects for the Team to work on.

Also set up rules for each of the different positions (Leader, 2nd In Command, Member, Trainee) for those to be enforced and followed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These changes are to reduce the workload on Leader, but also to reduce the workload of the Team overall, as there will be multiple people searching for projects for our Team to work on, instead of just 1 source.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Added @Rose as 2nd in command for the GFX role, she has shown initiative and willingness to want to stay on the team, although she didn't like the changes at first/was hesitant, she has shown within her work and talking with the team. 

Also because I haven't given this role much time within the last 2 days, I feel that this would increase the workload between the team.

Updating requirements for Trainee role, although none are needed, you will undergo a vote within the team that will decide whether you would be a good future asset to the team (after 3 weeks of being trainee you can apply as media team member through forums). 

Also doing a small "GFL Background Check" to ensure that you aren't seeking the role to be powerhungry, although Trainees don't have any power, just a 1-time use Discord link to the Media Team Discord.

Edited by TheSadBandit

• 2 weeks later...

Media Team is currently looking for writers, if you think you have what it takes, our Applications are always open!

Application

Also, we have a new Video Editor on Media Team, @TheJitFace

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Trainee no longer has to apply on forums. It's a painstaking process, so if you want to be a trainee, just ask me in PM here (I won't respond as fast), or a DM on Discord (I'll get a notification and probably respond faster).

Media Team Member still has to apply and get voted in by the Team and 2nd In Command.