Nick

Follow Projects

As an active member of GFL, I want to be able to follow up on what the staff is up to.

The GFL staff is currently starting to use Projects to track their projects (effectively replacing Trello), however, it is not possible to follow Projects in the same way possible with Trello boards or a subforum. 

Therefore, to make it possible for people to keep track on progress within GFL, following should be enabled on Projects (as seen on Updates). 

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

9 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

Maybe have a tab here on the forums called Projects showing what the staff are doing? @Nick @Roy

2018-07-31_12-04-43.gif

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

I've wanted to make the projects tab more visible to the public (e.g. moving it to its own main tab for example). However, I still think the projects system needs more work done (e.g. more features implemented, etc.). So I wanted to work on that first.

Thanks.

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I never liked having a sub forum for a sub forum in a sub tab of some separate system in its tab sub section part 314.b-r12 article 11.

A few months ago you spoke of some consolidation and I cannot believe I fell for it again.  We always seem to be cutting and then re-adding.  Things like moving the programming section to a club and have these projects sections...  it's just silly.  It gets lost.  It's not very direct; people forget about it or don't want to deal with it.  It's just like the ticketing system.  It's going to keep failing.  I like the "follow" suggestion, but I'd also like to further the suggestion by moving it back to the main forums (where follow is already inherently a feature).

We've seen it over and over again and we just keep giving it a different name or doing effectively the same thing using different tools.  It's really silly.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• 7 months later...