Bear-sona

Ban Appeal

Name: Warm Regards

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42221977

Banned by: theSadbandit

Ban reason: ghosting

Why you should be unbanned: Bandit, you clearly came out of the nether when it was trapped. Now this is nothing on its own, it is quite the traitorous act when you are seen walking everywhere above ground then moments later, suddenly are able to come out of the nether. There are three nether portals in the over world. The portal by the hut was set to kill  while the other two of which require traitor exclusive perks. As sound logic is applicable as evidence to kill traitors, I find it offensive that you would commit a ban of passion just because I'd happen to be a T that round. Had i not been a t that round im sure you would've been killed in that same method and you wouldn't have banned me. Also com'on man im a regular, how could you do this

2 hours ago, Bear-sona said:

Also com'on man im a regular, how could you do this

Regulars don't get special treatment, but from reading this and the other ban appeals I don't believe you were ghosting 

Yeah, you were a T, and out of no-where he kills me with the reason "I saw you go into t room"

which is pretty hard to know what someone's name is when they have a disguiser (look at 1:39 and then 1:54). He didn't see me put on the disguiser either, and that isn't kosing off logic, as you can't just blast anyone who comes out of the portal, you're a regular so you should know that. I'll be reducing the ban to 3 days.

5b663db4acf4b_ScreenShot2018-08-04at12_01_42PM.thumb.png.f46b0ca741f4f4ad7030190b904232f3.png

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Bear-sona

Thanks for the ban commute, but I'd really prefer to be fully unbanned as I will stand by my position that I was not ghosting.  Had he actually been ghosting, he should've killed you actually out of nowhere rather beforehand than, y'know, get an actual legitimate reason to kill you. Also on the topic of that not being "Logic," allow me to ask you a question. 

Let's say I've been wandering around the map for a while. The traitors had activated the TNT and false nether portal traps for a while now. Maybe not 10 seconds after I see an individual in the overworld, lets call this person "TheHappyBandit," he comes out of the nether. This is where that "Logic" comes into play. You start by asking yourself, "How does one legitimately enter the nether at this point?" 

-TheHappyBandit walked in after another sacrificed himself for the trap  Loewe was essentially camping the nether, i'm sure he saw nobody enter before you left. Thus it's impossible for this scenario to explain your presence in the nether portal

-TheHappyBandit had already been in there  Well that can't be right, he was just witnessed outside

TheHappyBandit gained a teleporter from a fallen role None were dead at that point. And had he used one it would've been KOS'able regardless without calling it out.

TheHappyBandit entered from either T room and came out, thus bypassing the trap. This appears to be the final option and through this logical process, we can come to a conclusion that TheHappyBandit is in fact a Traitor. 

1 hour ago, TheSadBandit said:

Yeah, you were a T, and out of no-where he kills me with the reason "I saw you go into t room"

Your own post contradicts this as the screenshot not only shows Loewe tactfully describing what he meant in all caps, but also shooting you after you leave the portal. He did not kill you because he saw through your disguise, in fact I can probably assume that nobody even saw you enter the T room. Loewe began to shoot you after going though the process i've described above.

Yes, that's right. Through logical reasoning, they came to the conclusion that TheHappyBandit was a T. IF this isn't applicable logic, Then i would like for you to tell me what it actually is?. I've been killed by and killed people with flimsier reasons than this and get away with neither a slay nor ban.

Edited by Bear-sona

One of the rules says "Admin has final say", so to me, you can't kill someone for coming out of the nether, if the nether was trapped, and he scavenged every single part of it, which he didn't, then I'd allow the kill. He didn't if he was camping behind the portal, there are different areas that aren't visible to the entrance only of the nether, like behind the furnace hut. So yes, you can't kill because the nether portal was trapped, as you can't kill for traps. 

You can keep fighting it all you want, it won't change my mind, and it won't reduce your 3 day ban length that was a week-long ban.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member