TheJitFace

GTX 1060 6GB Bottleneck?

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

be sure you get a b450 mobo with that thing.

brought to you by AMD StoreMI technology practically shit on intel technology

lel funny wittle intel and there hardware

also to answer your question exactly what @CrusTi said the bottle neck will be nothing other then your GPU and not the CPU.

also AMD has yet to release there flagship CPU aka the 2800x due to waiting on wee wittle intel

but there is a chance AMD might release the flag ship due to this

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-core-i9-9900k-benchmark-leaks-roughly-25-faster-than-i7-8700k.html

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Will work fine. That CPU can run faster graphics cards if you want. There is always a bottleneck in computing, otherwise you would achieve infinite performance, or in the case of games, infinite frames per second. 1080,1080ti are they way to go. even 1070 if you can afford.

2 hours ago, MASTAH said:

Will work fine. That CPU can run faster graphics cards if you want. There is always a bottleneck in computing, otherwise you would achieve infinite performance, or in the case of games, infinite frames per second. 1080,1080ti are they way to go. even 1070 if you can afford.

It's not about compatibility much, it will work together, but I was curious if the GTX 1060 would not keep the CPU at peak performance and rather would slow it down.

jitticus

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
7 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

It's not about compatibility much, it will work together, but I was curious if the GTX 1060 would not keep the CPU at peak performance and rather would slow it down.

it goes like this cpu needs ram gpu needs cpu and then everything else works together.

anyways due to the recent CPU updates you should be 100% fine. and should have 0 issues by updates I mean the physical CPU's recently are a massive improvement and you should be more concerned about the proper ram if anything to get the most out of that CPU.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AverageDrink said:

This post gives me a headache please for the love of god don't grab a ryzen 2700x When you are not going to overclock it and use like 6gb of ram. There is so much wrong with this build.

uh wtf i  have 16gb of ram already

jitticus

2 hours ago, AverageDrink said:

I thought you're build had like 6. Still, this is a terrible build. there are way better options for that pricepoint.

Look at my specs, my build is hella good, but this one was just for a future upgrade when I get another GPU. 

jitticus