SS PigeonShit

Rule question

So why isn't being a hider with a group of other hiders, going into spectator, coming back as a seeker and tagging them not ghosting? Not naming names but someone just did this. We were in the secret wall room in the sewers on littletown. There were like 5 or 6 of us in there, including an admin. This admin proceeded to go into spectator, immediately come back as a seeker and come tag us all. How is finding people in spectator and then coming back to tag them ghosting but this isn't?

Probably is considered ghosting and that admin abused the rules to provide an advantage to himself but I honestly don't know much about hide and seek so... beats me

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

tumblr_ohhs10xsG51vyefqgo7_540.gif

umaruchan.gif

50aa6758b04bcde6818c2a3bc90bd692.gif

Posted  Edited by Harakoni

There's always been a few shaky rules on HnS, this being one I'm most frequently asked about.
In my opinion, it IS ghosting. The perpetrator is gaining knowledge of where hiders are (Hider or not), as to tag them. Which is pretty much spectator ghosting, but in a different role. @PsquawOsaurus looks like another rule needs a revision.
@SSPigeonShit if you want, you can private message me, Zexired or Clueless (Current senior admins) the admin who did it, and we can have a conversation with the admin about the event, thanks.

Edited by Harakoni

3 minutes ago, Harakoni said:

@SSPigeonShit if you want, you can private message me, Zexired or Clueless (Current senior admins) the admin who did it, and we can have a conversation with the admin about the event, thanks.

We don't need to take it that far, it wasn't something I was crapping my pants over. It was more that it happened, I couldn't believe it happened, and I couldn't believe it was legal.

i've been told it's against the rules by admins on HnS and it's against the rules on prop hunt too, i'm surprised it's not technically in the hns rulebook

9 hours ago, SSPigeonShit said:

We don't need to take it that far, it wasn't something I was crapping my pants over. It was more that it happened, I couldn't believe it happened, and I couldn't believe it was legal.

You getting bummed about it is not the question. The staff needs to know who the admin was so that the correct punishment may apply. I know you're not the kind of guy that gets fussed easily over a game but keep in mind that our community is over 80% consisted of 12 year olds and under.

Soon-to-be Hide and Seek Admin

i miss mr. bones :/

integrity_bones

Steam profile

server_status
player_status

2 hours ago, cancerous_cunt said:

You getting bummed about it is not the question. The staff needs to know who the admin was so that the correct punishment may apply. I know you're not the kind of guy that gets fussed easily over a game but keep in mind that our community is over 80% consisted of 12 year olds and under.

Alright, I'll DM you

Posted  Edited by Zexired - Edit Reason: plEAsE UpdAtE thE gUIdElInEs tO fIx thIs stUpIdIty

This issue has been the topic of controversy and discussion a few times, especially among all admins but it was always ruled down to 'not against the rules' and 'borderline ghosting'

Its always been an issue, but apparently didn't happen enough to be seen as a big enough problem for anything to be officially changed. even with the guidelines re-write.
(correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't checked the guidelines in a while)

Edited by Zexired
plEAsE UpdAtE thE gUIdElInEs tO fIx thIs stUpIdIty

Posted  Edited by Musical

The Guidelines of Hide And Seek do state "definition: spectating and telling seekers where hiders are or finding and getting them yourself" is against rules. 

THIS INCLUDES what you have mentioned already... Where you have found the hiders as you were with them and you get them yourself by switching. Thus, why it should have already been against the rules if players do it... I will make sure that this "Definition" can be explained further and can properly cover this situation from happening again further in the future. 

If you know the staff member's name, message a senior admin about it and they will sort it out. This isn't acceptable for what I see with a staff member doing it... 

+1 For an expansion on that rule in the Guidelines to make it easier to understand! 

Edited by Musical

f1232745aacbb03710abb361d6be6ec3ab750fd6_full.jpg.d6e3a79595cbc84cedcc91632bbf10a3.jpg

11 hours ago, Musical said:

The Guidelines of Hide And Seek do state "definition: spectating and telling seekers where hiders are or finding and getting them yourself" is against rules. 

THIS INCLUDES what you have mentioned already...

No it doesn't. He didn't spectate to find them, he knew where they were and he respawned (with spectate) to get them himself. This is why I hate this issue being labelled "ghosting".

integrity_bones

Steam profile

server_status
player_status

1 hour ago, cancerous_cunt said:

No it doesn't. He didn't spectate to find them, he knew where they were and he respawned (with spectate) to get them himself. This is why I hate this issue being labelled "ghosting".

Yes, but finding through spec and than joining OR already knowing where they are and joining are technically the same, which isn't allowed. 

f1232745aacbb03710abb361d6be6ec3ab750fd6_full.jpg.d6e3a79595cbc84cedcc91632bbf10a3.jpg

22 minutes ago, Musical said:

Yes, but finding through spec and than joining OR already knowing where they are and joining are technically the same, which isn't allowed. 

Which is exactly what I've been arguing, essentially two sides of the same coin.

Posted  Edited by Musical
1 hour ago, SSPigeonShit said:

Which is exactly what I've been arguing, essentially two sides of the same coin.

I've spoken about it with the staff member who has done it and he was very refusive to stop doing it... This is not what we want to see in a staff member who is supposed to HELP THE COMMUNITY and not troll in this way (Especially if there is 20+ players on)... I say we completely add it in to make it clear that you're not supposed to do it.. If a kid catches on seeing a staff member doing it, they will think it's fine to do it every round... It ruins the gameplay overall.

The staff member claimed that "I've never seen it against the rules, why are you making such a big deal out of it. I've only done it a few times when there were less people in the servers. I've seen other staff do it too"...

Cancerous, who care if he used (spectate) in the f2 menu or not to find them and just used it to switch to seeker... It's still using the same method and resulting in the SAME thing with the players being tagged.. He could have even used spectate in the timeframe for all we know and found them... It shouldn't be allowed. 

Edited by Musical

16 minutes ago, Musical said:

The staff member claimed that "I've never seen it against the rules, why are you making such a big deal out of it. I've only done it a few times when there were less people in the servers. I've seen other staff do it too"...

The thing is, this person did this when A) there were not less people on the server, more like 20+, and B) did it to 5 or 6 people all hiding in one spot.

3 minutes ago, SSPigeonShit said:

The thing is, this person did this when A) there were not less people on the server, more like 20+, and B) did it to 5 or 6 people all hiding in one spot.

When the proper staff member needed to talk about this issue is on, I'll mention that stuff too. 

Thanks for reporting this, 

As of now... 

It's still up for debate but I'm pressing forward with wanting it to be against rules. 

1 hour ago, Musical said:

Yes, but finding through spec and than joining OR already knowing where they are and joining are technically the same

Not at all but ok

integrity_bones

Steam profile

server_status
player_status