FSG

GFL's Youtube Channel

I was scrolling through the forums until I reached the end and I saw those banners with the discord, twitter, youtube and etc. Having not seen the GFLCommunity Youtube channel I decided to press on it only to see a couple of videos with the latest one being from 7 months ago. I was a little disappointed as I personally thought there would be a lot more videos or at least some recent ones. I was thinking maybe it's the media team's duty as well to post videos every once in a while there but it's been months since the last video and I see it as a lost opportunity to show other communities or just lurking players what it's like to be in a GFL server and etc. I personally feel like maybe there should be a group dedicated to making and editing videos for the Youtube channel as it seems kind of redundant to have it as a banner if it's barely being posted on. Having someone post on the Youtube channel at least once a month I believe will help expand the community. I don't really know if we already have a division or a group of people who are supposed to post videos but yeah... I think there would be people in the community willing to record gameplay or etc for the community channel because as the name states, it's a COMMUNITY channel not just a channel owned by someone in GFL.

Sooo yeet.

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

tumblr_ohhs10xsG51vyefqgo7_540.gif

umaruchan.gif

50aa6758b04bcde6818c2a3bc90bd692.gif

The implementation of such a group has been a nightmare for a long time.

If you're interested, then a good approach would be to start with something unofficial; transform it into something more official later.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Wouldn't it just be a matter of either creating a division with people dedicated to creating videos for the community or maybe a thread where people can post videos of whatever as long as it has to do with the community obviously @Joshy

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

umaruchan.gif

Well ultimately if the Media Team somehow found a way to make it accessible to the community and efficient to the people who will ultimately run the channel, I think it would greatly benefit the community in general. Even if its a nightmare ;)

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

umaruchan.gif

This has been an issue for a long time. And to explain Why there hasn't been for a long time has been due to a lack of access. The content creators within the media team haven't had access untill now where I along with Darkling Can set people to admins and therefor Can upload stuff there. Along with That there has been a LOT of inactivity and loss of motivation amongst the video editors as none of them has responded to messages about getting free video material along with access to the YT channel. Currently our video editors needs to reply to such things aswell as becomming more active (of cause people have been on vacation, but not for 7 months or however long it has been). With That Said, it would be awesome if anyone is interested in making videos as we wish to expand Way more into This as it, along with streaming, Can do so MUCH for our community. When I get back I Will most likely talk with @TheSadBandit about This unless solved before I get back.

@FSG Thanks for mentioning This and openly Express what I too felt when I Saw the same a while back. We are working on a fix but we really need more active and creative persons atm :) 

~Worgee

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Well, to your benefit: I recommended 84 years ago that they make Media Team less challenging to get into, and I think their current leader has been making an effort to ease up on the requirements.  There's a trainee position no longer requiring a formal application, and the actual position seems to receive less criticism.  Past applications almost seemed like they were looking for 15 years of experience and two post docs in art with a concentration on European history.

Maybe you can inquire about the trainee position to be begin with.  The alternative, as I mentioned, is not official.  This method often turns out to be the best either by transforming into something official, or through the affiliate way (example).  It does something else aside from getting the job done; you learn the hurdles and trades of this work.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

If we revamp the youtube I have a few ideas to boost the popularity of said youtube. Firstly, I know we have that one affiliate GamingReviews, but I feel we can do more stuff with him. The big thing is we need to make him advertise our forums in the description and maybe at the start of the video say join GFL or some shit like that, and if we start a youtube we might be able to get some of his subscribers if he is willing to advertise for us. Also, I think we should look into finding new affiliates willing to help advertise GFL on either youtube or twitch.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

10 hours ago, Joshy said:

Well, to your benefit: I recommended 84 years ago that they make Media Team less challenging to get into, and I think their current leader has been making an effort to ease up on the requirements.  There's a trainee position no longer requiring a formal application, and the actual position seems to receive less criticism.  Past applications almost seemed like they were looking for 15 years of experience and two post docs in art with a concentration on European history.

Maybe you can inquire about the trainee position to be begin with.  The alternative, as I mentioned, is not official.  This method often turns out to be the best either by transforming into something official, or through the affiliate way (example).  It does something else aside from getting the job done; you learn the hurdles and trades of this work.

I'm not as demanding with requirements to enter media team, as I see that myself being self taught, and it is a community of gamers, I wouldn't expect everyone on Media Team to be a professional working for free. After looking at the specifications for Media Team, anyone who is interested in being part of the team, that has some sort of background, and makes things look nice, can be a part of the team; trainee does something similar, it takes people who are interested in something, and allows for our members to help them out, which @Aura has done an awesome job with giving tips to some of our GFX people, and have really helped them out. 

I'll work on getting the media team more active within youtube, since everyone mostly has been focusing more heavily on twitch, but it would be really cool if we could do something in the style of Tyler1, who records his screen while twitch streaming and then uploads the best clips to youtube, this could work for games like TTT and csgo, and any other shooter where you could get some sick clips from.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

I think an active GFL Youtube channel would be pretty awesome. At least maybe a few videos showing off the different servers and game modes. Maybe an easy way to attract more interested and get more donations. :-) 

Edited by SkydivingSquid

Even if we start to get this YouTube channel back up, like @SkydivingSquid said, youtube can actually make quite a bit of money by adds alone. And then after our community starts to grow a bit more from advertising it on our youtube channel, hopefully, we can get a few sponsors, maybe lol, and get more money. servers expensive af ya know?

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the massive necro on this post, trying to clean up Suggestions with things that can be closed.

With @Major_Push becoming PR leader, he started to try to get more work done on youtube. If you wish to help, please read this and apply here.

Cheers!

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png