alpha_steven

ZE event thoughts

On 9/22/2018 at 5:36 PM, Major_Push said:

That's not too bad of an idea. Would need people to use zmarket though, or to disable it and just give a lot of ammo. Otherwise, people would run out of ammo insanely quickly and quit. And if we gave a lot of ammo + zmarket, then it's pretty much no different. Also, someone would need to do the math to see which (if any) boss fight maps are beatable. Some would require too much ammo to beat, or would be possible to beat with some ammo left over, but not enough to hold off zombies. It would be very easy for a map to become unbeatable if this was done as an event. Maybe just avoid boss maps in general, which I think some people would enjoy as a more bare bones feel.

2000 bullets is enough for most maps

1000 bullets is enough for a couple maps\

some would require ammo fill ups on boss fights

12 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

You would have to exclude boss fight maps, and probably any map other than run simulators... and even then probably just basic maps. Maybe Jurassic, Deathstar_Escape, Moria, something like that where there are only 1-2 main holds max. 

Those maps would be far too easy, you can have half the team doorhug and win them

On 9/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, 1mpact said:

Maybe an event where the cts have limited ammo so people need to use their bullets wisely instead of just holding down left click all the time

something like that is just similar to playing on server like mapea or pse but i dont think it's a bad idea. it will be perfect on tilex ultimate since most of money will be wasted to buy kevlar on boss attack so u have to use ammo wisely :lennys:

93896602_p0.jpg

An hostage event. 

I wouldnt recommend to use real hostage tho, since the nav can be fucked up and the ai dumb. 

But it's possible to make something like this : make a plugin that gives special weapon that works like map items. And to this special item link an hostage. Give it to 3-5 players. Make it non dropable if all people that carry hostage die you lose the round no matter what. If you manage to rescue at least 1 hostage the round is clear. For each hostage saved you can give bonus vip days. 

I just looked at all the events that are shown on these forums. First off I want to ask a question. Why do you care about having repeat events now? From what I can see there have been like 5 santa events. Personally I don't think you should care so much about having repeats, but you should care about how they are received. If an event was well liked I see no problem in reusing the idea and maybe changing a few things here and there. For example, I heard that the rifle only event a while ago was fun, I would be more than down for another event like that.

Another thing I want to ask because i'm writing this, why do some events not give a skin? From my point of view it seems dumb not to hand out the temp skins for any event. They make people try harder as both humans and zombies and bring the most dedicated people to the server. It just seems pointless not to hand them out for people who beat the event. 

Just another thing I want to add, during events I suggest that you implement a "warmup round" like some maps have even if it doesn't come normally in the map. With the crash bug that keeps happening randomly when maps switch it would suck if you couldn't participate in a round of an event due to an issue that is out of your control.

All of the things above said I've only attended one event which was the most recent one so if I say anything wrong or stupid here correct me.

On to the suggestions:

3rd person event, would have to pick mostly outdoor maps so people can actually see what they are defending. Maps would need speculation but deamin comes to mind as one that might be good and if you allow level 3 then it might bring some people in as lvl 3 hasn't been on GFL for a while. I did see you guys had a 3rd person surf event a long time ago so you can probably use the plugin from that.

rush_b: Personally I would like to see this map be beaten with a team of good humans who are actually trying hard to win while a team of good zombies is trying to kill them. This server only has two wins on this map, one is one where zombies weren't trying that hard and the other was a solo that was gotten by stacking. It would be nice to see a clean win.

rapidfire event of tryhard maps with hard last levels The concept here is to have more maps and admins use the admin rooms to skip to the last level of each map so we get less of the boring first stages and more of the parts that people actually want to play. I was thinking along the lines of 7 maps, I don't think I can think of the right maps but I was thinking along the lines of diddle but maybe not as long.

add onto the idea above: I really think that the idea of admins skipping the map to the last level to get in more maps into an event is a good idea. You could have a set of maybe 5-7 maps and play through the last level of each twice and just switch to the next map whether the map was lost twice, won twice and anything in between. If you play the level twice regardless if you win or lose it keeps the server on schedule to get all the maps played and gives people who got mother zombie in one of rounds a lot less reason to complain because they are guaranteed to be human at least one of the two tries as long as the joined the server on time. 

No item event

No nade event

Specific weapon events

These are all nice, I don't think you should worry about being to stale with these, you have so many maps to choose from and there are a bunch of themes you can reuse that haven't been used in over a year such as: surf, rizo, and lotr.

I'm pretty new to the server and have only attended one event so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Posted  Edited by shine

SEASONAL/HOLIDAY EVENTS WOULD BE COOL. Halloween coming up, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!!! If there are ZE maps that are consistent to the relative season/holiday should RUN THAT SHIT FAM

Rewards? How about a skin also relative to the holiday/season?? Ex: Chirstmas -> Santa Clause skin

Edited by shine

3 hours ago, ZeGaWa said:

An hostage event. 

I wouldnt recommend to use real hostage tho, since the nav can be fucked up and the ai dumb. 

But it's possible to make something like this : make a plugin that gives special weapon that works like map items. And to this special item link an hostage. Give it to 3-5 players. Make it non dropable if all people that carry hostage die you lose the round no matter what. If you manage to rescue at least 1 hostage the round is clear. For each hostage saved you can give bonus vip days. 

CSGO hostages are backpacks so they would be fine, aside from the fact that they reduce your velocity to 200

23 minutes ago, Malal said:

CSGO hostages are backpacks so they would be fine, aside from the fact that they reduce your velocity to 200

Oh yeah you're right, I'm stuck with css haha sorry

Then this kind of event are doable ? :)

On 10/3/2018 at 9:16 PM, ZeGaWa said:

Then this kind of event are doable ? :)

So long as 200 velocity isn't an issue it would be, just avoid maps that require you to either make long jumps or run to different parts of an area quickly (Wanderers v5 for example)