ReivaX

Extend map

Heyo, 

Is it possible in the ze votes to ensure that extend is the first option? On gfl i often find people spam 4, which is fair enough but then to extend certain maps require excessive spamming because people have short attention spans, e.g. santa, ancient, etc. 

And fair enough if the team is not suited to a map or it's too hard, but that decision shouldn't be up to a zombie who had a bad round spamming in chat.

Im hoping this change will reduce the changing of maps which could have been beaten given more time and thus giving a more fulfilling experience on gfl

Sausage

What was the outcome of that thread?

Although i didn't know it existed it does seem undecided, if the answer is 'no' so be it. Ideally we'd change the demographic of gfl, where people don't spam maps but that is a working progress.

@Flops, thanks for the forward thinking :D

On 9/24/2018 at 8:49 AM, Malal said:

then autists will extend shit maps like icecap

i never saw once in my life people extending icecap unless they havent beaten it on a certain time.

93896602_p0.jpg

On 9/28/2018 at 7:11 AM, mikasa said:

i never saw once in my life people extending icecap unless they havent beaten it on a certain time.

If extend is 4 then the autists who spam 4 will spam extend

Posted  Edited by Aze

Pretty sure extend was on 4 before, even if we change it now people are still gonna complain about it and make a thread about it.

Making it random is a better choice cause people tend to hear "Extend the map! Maps not over etc". This will make them decide what button to press and will aware about it.

Edited by Aze

Posted  Edited by Onahole

we had it on 9 before i think which was nice

tbh tho between having extend on 9 or it being random i’d say both are dope, but i diid kinda prefer having extend on 9

But if only ppl pressed 1 instead of 4 when carelessly voting so only serious votes were counted then we wouldnt even have to worry about ppl 4 spamming shit :feelsbadman:

Edited by Onahole

Spammer during vote are always an issue, no matter where you put your option. Even randomize it won't really help since some players don't even bother to see what they are spamming. 

Imo changing from 9 to 4 or what ever number won't change the fact that if people really want to extend the map they will do it. 

1 hour ago, ReivaX said:

@ZeGaWa what would your opinion on rtv only changing the map after the round is finished then, this might solve some of the problem.

Actually +1 this. This does not help with 4/9/whatever spam, but it does allow for the round to finish out after retards spam rtv before a map finishes. CSS ZE uses this method (I'm not sure if any CSGO servers use this) and I really think it helps with giving the "hive mind" too much power.

honestly the best thing is to have the numbering system totally random for each player. for one person 4 could extend, for another person 8 is extend. then people will truly have to pick the map they want, and the 4 spammers votes will get spread out evenly and not really impact things.

I am sure that is a fairly complicated bit of code, but that is why you get paid the big bucks I guess (I actually dont know that it would be that hard, just a randomized number generator with 2 levels of individual variables running a subroutine and creating a map vote list for each player.... that's not a hard calculation... many other ways to do it as well)

2 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

honestly the best thing is to have the numbering system totally random for each player. for one person 4 could extend, for another person 8 is extend. then people will truly have to pick the map they want, and the 4 spammers votes will get spread out evenly and not really impact things.

It will lead to confusion I think. 

But tbh I never saw it so maybe it can be interesting to see it live tho. 

4 hours ago, ReivaX said:

@ZeGaWa what would your opinion on rtv only changing the map after the round is finished then, this might solve some of the problem.

Cutting a map right after a rtv (spam or legit) is a dumb thing anyway. I Just don't know if csgo can do that, I know it's possible on css but I didnt see it on csgo tho. 

It will solve the problem of little troll who spam rtv to change the map and ruin fun of others who they can't even finish 1 round. 

it would force people to say "Vote for (insert map name here) instead of "55555555" or "777777777".

The confusion would also be a blessing as it will really randomize the map rotation more, and any 4 or 5 spamming would balance out across the different options, so that only the true desired map pick would win in most cases. right now for example, if you have a map that gest 8 votes, 9 votes and 13 votes, and then a 4 spam... the 4 spammers will normally win even though they dont even know what map they are voting for. 

Randomizing everything would eliminate that issue, or at the very least greatly reduce it. 

We need to ask Techs to do something then ?
Or a community poll idk.
Even tho if this change is not a direct impact on the gameplay maybe some players are fine with the current setting.