Faex

Does anyone remember Little Big Planet?

Posted  Edited by Faex

While browsing through Youtube, I found this video in my recommended. Watching it put me in a huge nostalgic trip. I remember playing the first Little Big Planet game so much as a kid. I never was good at making levels, but I had so much fun just messing around. I loved playing other people's levels. Still remember some user-created levels, like the one with the huge rollercoaster or the one where you jump over the platforms and avoid the alligator underwater. And then I learned about Little Big Planet 2's announcement. I was literally ecstatic. And when it first came out, it blew my mind with how much detail Media Molecule put into this game! There were so many features and every possible part of the first game was made so much better. It's a game all about creativity, and it was amazing. I remember playing on this one level with my friend from elementary and middle school (We go to the same college now) from the story mode. In LBP2's main levels, there's a small section that requires you to have two players in order to get a bonus item. My friend and I got through all of these sections, but there was this one level that we could not beat! I can't remember how long it took us, but we eventually got it, and we were screaming our heads off. Unfortunately, I soon stopped playing after a while when all my old buddies left and all the user levels got boring. Soon LBP3 was announced, but I wasn't as excited and didn't play it that much. Until now, I never realized how big the Little Big Planet franchise was in my childhood. I used to think that Halo 3 was my favorite video game of all time because of the memories I've had as well, but now that I think about it, Little Big Planet 2 was definitely the best part of my childhood, and I will never forget it. Now, Media Molecule is creating a successor to LBP called "Dreams". From what it looks like, there is a lot of detail and potential for unlimited creativity. But it doesn't feel like it will ever live up to Little Big Planet's name, but I do have high hopes for it.

Listening to this song also gave me a huge nostalgic trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbJtOAkHy4

Edited by Faex

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Whoops, double post. Sorry :P

Trying to figure out why my whole paragraph about my childhood with this series didn't show up

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

17 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

no u play station loser 

Xbox 360 was ze best 

sorry to kill ur nostalgia 

Xbox 360 < PS3 < Xbox one

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

Ay ay we ain't here to argue about consoles, we're here to remember a great game 

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I love LBP. I used to browse YouTube on how to decorate my ragdoll character. I especially love the server people made, it was amazing and fun. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements