zombielover69

How can I practice Zombie Escape maps / bosses offline / solo?

So i wana practice some zombie maps offline/solo to explore and kill some of the bosses or something. In particular mist, bathroom, gris (the final boss), valkvang, frostdrake.

i already have the maps downloaded (I played them in GFL csgo server). how can i just play them offline? what do I have to type. any tips? i don't mind enabling cheats either, i just wana explore some of them.

for maps that can't be played offline due to the mapper being a pussy and stripping out certain entities, you must decompile the map, go through the entire thing in hammer and list down all the entities that shouldn't be there (usually spammed trigger_hurts) and ones that aren't (usually teleporters, triggers, entity outputs). once you've done that, learn how to make stripper cfgs and add everything you listed beforehand to make the map playable, then spam the cfg to the mapper to piss him off and all the gay servers waiting to get their hands on it because they have no respect towards mappers and the amount of effort put into them, wanting to squeeze everything out of them while giving them nothing in return and taking all the credit.

if that seems too complicated you can always check out my zombie escape lets play channel where you can find all the latest tips and tricks on how to survive any zombie escape map!
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheComplex1ty

1 hour ago, Ninja Chris said:

for maps that can't be played offline due to the mapper being a pussy

I wouldn’t go around saying that.... This could be used against you in any applications or appeals, probably resulting in denial. Just saying...

@Skits i dont think you know who you're talking to, ninja is the biggest troll. 

@zombielover69 if you wanna practice boss stuff online there's a stone zombie training server where you can do just that, i often find it's easier to learn and you can play with friends.

20 hours ago, Skits said:

I wouldn’t go around saying that.... This could be used against you in any applications or appeals, probably resulting in denial. Just saying...

sorry my little sister got on my lap laptop again, i'll remember to lock my door so she can't get out in

i've still got 22 hours of playtime until i can apply for admin

thanks for the advice though, i'll remember to hide the post when i apply

as some have stated, many maps will not work solo due to the map structure and components... especially boss fights with particles....

one thing you can try is looking for lower populated or empty servers (sG **cough**) and practicing there, but you are going to be limited to whatever map it is currently on. 

Alpha has his own server set up, maybe you could paypal him money to rent it. Or he can tell you how to get one of of your own. If you have an extra PC laying around I can give you a guide to setting up a server that will be very weak, but probably powerful enough to support you soloing over your own Lan. 

On 30/9/2018 at 11:45 AM, Ninja Chris said:

for maps that can't be played offline due to the mapper being a pussy and stripping out certain entities, you must decompile the map, go through the entire thing in hammer and list down all the entities that shouldn't be there (usually spammed trigger_hurts) and ones that aren't (usually teleporters, triggers, entity outputs). once you've done that, learn how to make stripper cfgs and add everything you listed beforehand to make the map playable, then spam the cfg to the mapper to piss him off and all the gay servers waiting to get their hands on it because they have no respect towards mappers and the amount of effort put into them, wanting to squeeze everything out of them while giving them nothing in return and taking all the credit.

Horrey sheet bro, why are you allowed to type in poopfont

On 9/30/2018 at 5:45 AM, Ninja Chris said:

if that seems too complicated you can always check out my zombie escape lets play channel where you can find all the latest tips and tricks on how to survive any zombie escape map!
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheComplex1ty

the mod in me tells me i should hide this post for advertising, but if you're shilling for views and subs here you probably don't make good content.

Posted  Edited by Malal
12 hours ago, motorsteak said:

the mod in me tells me i should hide this post for advertising, but if you're shilling for views and subs here you probably don't make good content.

Guess the genius in you didn't tell you that it isn't his channel?

You're also apparently unaware of irony given you have your twitch account featured on your profile.

Edited by Malal

1 hour ago, Malal said:

Guess the genius in you didn't tell you that it isn't his channel?

You're also apparently unaware of irony given you have your twitch account featured on your profile.

:yes:

Most maps can be loaded locally and explored simply by typing "map <map name>" in CS:GO console.
Make sure that you have not only "bsp" file, but also "nav" file in "...\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps\" folder, some maps will not be loaded without it. If you don't have "nav" file downloaded from the server, you can probably download it manually from GFL fastdl server (fastdl.gflclan.com/csgo/maps/) or extract it from the "bsp" file yourself with the help of "BSPSource" program.

Particles do not work on maps if you load them without a server. This should not be a problem for bathroom, gris or frostdrake. This will be a problem for mist, because as far as I can tell (and somebody mentioned above) all boss attacks look like they are made using particles, and you will not see them. You can get around this by playing the map on a server first, and then loading the map locally without quitting CS:GO - the particles will be there (even if you play another map in between, they still remain cached). You could probably set up a local server to make particles loaded, maybe even on the same PC or in a virtual machine, but I've never done it myself and cannot help with it.

Some maps have admin rooms (you can fly to them by using "noclip" command in console). Gris, for example, has one (above the spawn, as far as I remember), so you can skip to desired level of the map by pressing a button in the admin room.

You can create a special "cfg" file for map exploration in "...\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg\" folder and execute it by using "exec <filename>" command in CS:GO console after loading a map. You could include these commands in the "cfg" file:
sv_cheats "1"
bot_quota "0"
mp_roundtime "60"
mp_buytime "999999"
mp_buy_anywhere "1"
sv_infinite_ammo "1" // 1 - infinite; 2 - infinite with reload
mp_maxmoney "999999"
mp_startmoney "999999"
mp_autokick "0" // Don't get kicked from your own game when suiciding too often.
mp_limitteams "0" // No team limit (e.g. you can have 10 people/bots on CT and 1 guy on T).
mp_autoteambalance "0"
mp_freezetime "0" // No freezetime in the beginning of each round.
r_drawothermodels "1" // Use "2" to make some objects (such as items) glow blue and easy to spot.
mp_warmup_end

In addition to these, you can use these commands later on in the console when you need them:
noclip                                   - lets you fly through walls and other objects and makes you immortal.
god                                      - invincibility.
mp_restartgame 1               - to restart the round.
host_timescale <number>   - changes speed of the game. E.g "0.5" is slowmotion and "2" is double speed.
r_drawothermodels 2           - as already mentioned, makes some special objects glow and easy to spot.
getpos                                  - prints your current position in console.
setpos                                  - allows to teleport to the position (copy/paste the position from the "getpos" command output).
cl_showpos 1                       - shows your current position and speed in the top left corner of the screen.
r_drawviewmodel 0              - hide player model, including weapon (if you want to take screenshots, for example).
cl_drawhud 0                       - hide hud.
firstperson / thirdperson      - first person / third person.
net_fakelag <number>        - sets fake connection lag. Could be used for laser training. From what I heard, it should be set to 1/2 of the ping you want to emulate, e.g. set net_fakelag 50 if your ping is 100.
buy <gun name>                 - to buy a gun.

Posted  Edited by FireStarter
On 10/1/2018 at 9:33 AM, Onahole said:

if the map has particles it may not be playable offline without a particle precacher,

Is there a way to precache particles without setting up (connecting to) a game server?

Edited by FireStarter

There is a way.

Its not the greatest way but you basically join a server with the map you want particles for (lets say Wanderers). The game will save all the precached particles from Wanderers and then you go offline and start the same version of the map and there’s the particles.

If you do load up another map offline (lets say Pirates) that requires particles, it’ll start taking the particle effects from Wanderers and apply it to where the particle effects happen in Pirates. Thats when you’ll see like heal effects from Wanderers appear on Pirates when you use sword offline (as a hypothetical).

8 hours ago, FireStarter said:

Is there a way to precache particles without setting up (connecting to) a game server?

You can set up SM plugins (You're looking at the particle precache plugin mainly: https://rulesofp.wordpress.com/2015/10/19/81/) on your own client and make use of the -insecure launch option to allow running them client side, thus allowing you to "offline" maps with particles, but you will not be able to connect to other live servers while you're doing this. Do this at your own risk as things could get messed up when fiddling around with files in CSGO.

Posted  Edited by Ninja Chris
1 hour ago, bb_IU said:

You can set up SM plugins (You're looking at the particle precache plugin mainly: https://rulesofp.wordpress.com/2015/10/19/81/) on your own client and make use of the -insecure launch option to allow running them client side, thus allowing you to "offline" maps with particles, but you will not be able to connect to other live servers while you're doing this. Do this at your own risk as things could get messed up when fiddling around with files in CSGO.

This doesn't work for precaching particles as far as I'm aware of.

The best method I know is to set up your own offline server.

Never mind, retested it and it works.

Edited by Ninja Chris