Cassie

Unified Discord VS Server Specific Discord

Merge VS No Merge  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the server specific discords be merged?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I wanted to know what people thought of server specific discords. Here are my ideas about why server specific discords are good:

1. They allow for more channels  towards wach server. They can have announcements for that server, ideas for that server, call admin for that server, staff chat, VCs, fun games/bots, etc. 

2. They are not cluttered. Why does everyone complaing having too many discords is cluttered? You don't have to be in a discord you don't want to be in, and thus don't need to see those channels, but having 1 discord with a bunch of chanmels would still have collapsed categories, a bunch of them, which would look way more cluttered. 

3. They work in a similar way to the US Gov, with the server specific discords being local govs and the main one being federal. The people at the local level don't care that much about the federla level, but if they do they join the main discord. 

4. It's not broken. The discords work fine as they are. Like I said, if one wants to hear main gfl announcements they can join the discord. Look at the announcement posts-they always get a lot of feedback.

5. My theory is that some people (not everyone)  just want the discord to be active and think merging would make it active. Well it may well do that since some server specific discorss are axtice but A) It doesn't HAVE to be active, people talk in it if they want to and see the announcements anyways 

B) You don't need a lot of people to be active, just talk to a few other people. If some people don't want to talk then they just don't want to. 

A and B pertain to my idea that some people want to merge to cause activity in the main discord, that may not be true but that's just a theory,

A GFL THEORY 

Anyways just vote on the poll and maybe comment what you think. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

frankly i don't really give one but server specific discords are fine

also if this is about earlier i was just off on a tangent lol.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

There we go again. 

I don't really see a merge like this coming. Especially not for a long time, mainly because we've discussed and points were given. We have brought up the topic 3 times this year, including this one. 

76561198043643390.png

sig-improved-silver.png

9 minutes ago, Ben Roy said:

There we go again. 

I don't really see a merge like this coming. Especially not for a long time, mainly because we've discussed and points were given. We have brought up the topic 3 times this year, including this one. 

Yeah but we never got the people's opinion on it. I just wanted to hear it before we finish talking about it even if the idea is not really being considered. 

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperban

a unified discord can not happen not when many are unable to accept others and wish to see any new a possibly charismatic people gone as anyone who is out going in an form is not viewed as a possible friend but viewed as a threat the big discord is at an all time low and I am only expecting it to get worse after all I was perma banned for something I myself had no control of and never did as I see it I could care less if anyone where to bother you and cause a hassle where I have cared enough before to ask others not to and stated many times that it will cause more issues then solve.

I stand corrected I had hope where I should of never had a sliver of it.

34 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

Yeah but we never got the people's opinion on it. I just wanted to hear it before we finish talking about it even if the idea is not really being considered. 

I will quote the people as you call it 

"I don't associate with that shit"

in other words people are disgusted in others actions and you might wanna change the way you guys portray yourself and create a better light.

Edited by rapperban

Achievements

Eh I say no. Some discords like Breach, ImperialRP, and ZE need their own server because:

1) They basically act as their own communities.

2) And they need their discords for events.

But servers like HnS, PVKII, etc. should be merged. I also think it should be up to the directors to decide if there should be a discord for a specific server.

28 minutes ago, rapperban said:

the big discord is at an all time low and I am only expecting it to get worse after all I was perma banned for something I myself had no control of

And no. Just no.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by skell - Edit Reason: dan is panicking because he loves you guys very much

I believe in server specific discords because the community is very different from a server to another and most decisions made by the general forum admins are just bad decisions that reflect the nature of the admins that are not able to be neutral.

im just saying, this is true. the BANNING of the RapperDan is a mistake and will be until rapperdan does something WRONG. RapperDan did nothing wrong.

nghr

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

on a side note, whats crackalakin my dudes

xsWhzQY.png

Edited by skell
dan is panicking because he loves you guys very much

Posted  Edited by Mars_tg

I believe in one bigold discord because the community is very the same from a server to another and most decisions made by the general forum admins are just great decisions that reflect the cool nature of the admins that are not able to be unattractive.

im just saying, this is true. the BANNING of the RapperDan is a mistake and will be until rapperdan does something WRONG. RapperDan did nothing wrong.

5928899c70f16_Daddybettermakemechoke2.jpg.c0a376b007aaaac8aed58f7c32a79d0a.jpg.e65d670f8da05bea2120bf55bc7b7437.jpgThis is GLF clan's net worth without dan #FREEDAN

Edited by Mars_tg

8 minutes ago, Mars_tg said:

I believe in one bigold discord because the community is very the same from a server to another and most decisions made by the general forum admins are just great decisions that reflect the cool nature of the admins that are not able to be unattractive.

5928899c70f16_Daddybettermakemechoke2.jpg.c0a376b007aaaac8aed58f7c32a79d0a.jpg.e65d670f8da05bea2120bf55bc7b7437.jpgThis is GLF clan's net worth without dan #FREEDAN

please stop

To conclude this subject. We are not currently evaluating a change in the discord status in GFL. What we’d like to see is unified communication and a way to make sure players are not overwhelmed to get the info/support they need from GFL Administration. 

Closing this topic with the permission of OP. We appreciate the discussion but feel as though this is too preemptive to take any relevant action on. 

I want everyone to always always be thinking about how their decisions can move the needle and not divide because of feelings. The new name of the game is consistency and unification where it makes sense. 

Thanks

• X2D locked this topic