DarkLight

Permanent Ban Appeal (I Don't Think I Should Be Banned For What I Did)

Posted  Edited by DarkLight

Your In-Game Name: weiyuan394

Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:108848503

Ban reason and Length: 

Soliciting people from ZE to buy CS:GO keys from him

Banned Permanently

Admin That Banned You: xSnowyAngel

Appeal Reason: I made this appeal because I felt that I should be unbanned for what I am banned for and also because another server manager told me to made an appeal. So this is what happened, as you know, opskins is down now due to valve banning it recently (which means I won't be able to sell csgo skins on opskins for paypal money anymore) but I do not know which sites can be trusted besides opskins (most other sites are scams, so I don't want to risk it). I need money fast a few days ago because I wanted to buy a snack of mine which cost $50 but I don't have enough money for it that's why i am trying to sell my csgo keys for paypal money. As selling csgo skins for paypal money is too risky since a common scam scenario is like this: The seller decided to sell his/her csgo skins to a buyer, the buyer assured the seller that he/she will go first by paying the seller through paypal, the seller received the money now so the seller felt secured, and then proceeds to trade his/her csgo skins to the buyer's steam account, after the buyer has received the csgo skins from the seller, the buyer then file a chargeback on the money sent to the seller's paypal account, the seller is now scammed and the buyer gets the seller's csgo skins for free). So I decided that the fastest and best way to sell csgo keys for paypal money would be to find any of my steam friends who I personally thought are trustworthy, and ask them to do me a favour/ help me by buying csgo keys from me and paying me through paypal. I don't see that I am breaking any GFL rules by doing this, maybe I might be annoying when I ask people to buy csgo keys from me for paypal money but I absolutely do not meant to troll or annoy anyone when I do that. Anyways, as of now, I have enough money to buy my favourite snack that I want but it's too late because I got banned for asking people to csgo keys from me a few days ago (If only I have enough money for that snack I wanted just a few days ago, I wouldn't have got banned, that few days can mean a difference, but I can't go back in time unfortunately). I have also apologized to all the people who I have asked to buy csgo keys from me for paypal money and I appreciate their understanding (as a sincere way to tell them that I do not meant to annoy or troll them, just that I needed help at that time that's why I might be a bit annoying in my tone when i ask them to buy csgo keys from me), they are as follows: 1mpact, Saint-Tabarnac, Gopa, SHUFEN, [GFL] Roy, Chewie2k, Rain, Potti, Alpha, Elemental. That's all the people I have asked to buy csgo keys from me, from what I can remember. Some of them such as Elemental, Saint-Tabarnac, Chewie2k, Gopa, 1mpact do not seem to be annoyed by me asking them for help (Elemental even told me directly himself that he is not annoyed, he even asked me more in-depth about why I want him to buy csgo keys from me, which I am really thankful for, although he rejected to buy keys from me in the end). I do not have any intention to annoy/ troll anybody that I have asked for help, although it might seem like I am trying to, probably because of my bad past behaviours and also my tone when I asked them for help. Also, I apologized to Xy and ButterKing5000 too for asking them to help me on this matter (my ban) and I really appreciate both of them for trying to help me on my ban too, although I shouldn't have asked them for help as I should have the initiative to contact Snowy directly instead. I want to say that I agree that I am very annoying in the past by not listening and not learning what the admins/ server managers have told me despite countless of times but that's because I am still immature at that time, I would like to apologize to all those who are annoyed by my immaturity. I am much more mature now, so I understand the rights and wrongs clearly now. I shouldn't have asked people to buy csgo keys from me even if I needed money fast (I don't have a job as I am still a student), I should instead get money through other ways that won't annoy people, I really regret doing it but what has been done cannot be undone, the best I could do now is to learn my mistake and not do it again. Btw, I asked all of them through steam message chat outside of GFL (with the exception of Xy and ButterKing5000, which I  asked through discord chat). Anyways, I would once again like to apologize to everyone who I have annoyed before (whether indrectly or directly in general). I believe that everyone (including myself) deserves a third (and usually last) chance. Sorry if there are irrelevant things inside this appeal, this is to explain all my reasons clearly and fully, and to also help anyone who are reading this to not fall for "selling csgo skins for paypal money" scam. Lastly, I hope that I can be forgiven (unbanned) from GFL zombie escape server as it is my favourite zombie escape server to play on, please take your time and consider carefully for this appeal (do not reply to this appeal straight away/ immediately with a big "NO, appeal rejected"), I don't mind waiting for 1 or even 2 months before I get a reply for this appeal that are considered very carefully. Thank you very much for spending your time reading this long appeal, I really appreciate it. NOTE: I allow others who are not admins to comment/ reply to this appeal, so as to help prove that they might not be annoyed by me asking them to buy csgo keys from me (hopefully admins/ server manager/ division leader can allow them to comment/ reply too).

Yours Sincerely, 

weiyuan394

Edited by DarkLight

Posted  Edited by Elemental

I understand that I am not an admin and probably should not be commenting here, but as one of the people weiyuan asked to sell to, I think I may have some relevant information to help impact your final decision.

A few days ago, weiyuan messaged me seemingly in a panic asking for me to purchase some csgo case keys off of him. He made it very clear to me that if i was annoying him, I should let him know. 5bc23d1236327_1(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.ecff117536738097193307338f77c38b.jpg

I decided that some people might find this conversation funny, so i posted it on discord, not to report weiyuan as an annoyance. This has led me to feel partially responsible for his punishment, and is the reason for me adding my input. As you can see In the image i linked, he tries to end the conversation to not annoy me (does this multiple times later on in the convo) but I keep it going because I find it humorous. I think the reaction people got when reading this was that weiyuan was pestering me because of the length of the conversation (5 pages long to those who did not see all of the screenshots), and when they found out he asked other players, they probably assumed their interactions were similar to mine. I truly believe that weiyuan wanted to sell those keys to people because they were his assumed friends, or recommended to him as trustworthy through other people. Thinking from his point of view, he sees it as asking his steam friends if they are interested in buying his keys. I can assume he probably has been scammed over paypal before and does not want it to happen again. It is easy to understand hes young, and didn't understand that this could get him banned again. I feel as if he deserves another chance, I have have tried to give him advice, and hopefully he has learned from his mistakes. (Sorry if this was not allowed, I just hope it might clear things up a little bit and maybe impact your decision.)

Edited by Elemental

I can confirm that wei did not annoy me when asked me to buy him keys. It would be a shame if he got permabanned from the server for something that is not even an offence, and that he did outside of the server. Still, I understand if you want to get rid of that annoying kid.

Wei, this is like the 78th time you get permabanned, get your shit together you fool. I'm not gonna be here everytime to defend your underage asian ass.

Wei messaged me about it too and as soon as I said I wasn't interested he stopped, he even apologized for bothering me. From what I've seen everyone asked didn't find it annoying, but rather a humble request, but then again, I haven't seen everything. 

• 2 weeks later...