Arturus

Arturus' Ban Appeal

Name: アルトゥルス (Arturus)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:158565687

Banned By: @SkydivingSquid

Ban Reason: Ghosting

Why you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I genuinely did not know that, what I did was ghosting. I thought ghosting was telling a buddy who are the ts, innos, or exposing players' locations. I am pretty sure Sky knew that we didn't think that, that was ghosting because we literally did it in VC and chat. So what we did was we were in nether, and my 'ghosting buddy' would bait the other innos inside nether and I would newton launch them into the lava. We did this for a solid round and stopped due to Sky warning us. Although, Sky as the admin he is, he had to be fair so he banned me. I understand that what I did was ghosting and I will keep in mind not to do it. 

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

Arturus

The
Admin rules state clearly that ghosting is a 10080 minute (1 week) ban. It’s cut and dry.

Ghosting is defined as using 3rd party sources to communicate with other in game players about occurrences that can give one or multiple players an advantage. It is also known as informing
innocents of the identities of other Traitors, or not killing a Traitor when you know they are a Traitor

As the
Traitor, you and Loke (confirmed friends), were using an outside app to communicate while playing at least 1 round of TTT. You and Loke camped the nether (while I spectated you based on received complaints of camping). You allowed Loke to bait other Innocents into the nether so you could use the newton launcher to push them into the lava. This happened repeatedly until you lost the round as a Traitor and Loke was still alive (giving you and Loke away for ghosting). 

I immediately warned you and
Loke not to ghost. The reason I didn’t ban you right away was because in my experience you are a very friendly, experienced, and mature player who, I was under the impression, knew the rules. When I consulted the more senior admin, they agreed that you and Loke needed to banned. I agreed, since as an Admin I cannot show favoritism (which I partially did by warning you). 

Take into account that you have a
pending Admin Application. The only reason that application has not immediately been moved into Denied is because of your track record, your impression on both myself and the other Admin, and because you were honest and admitted to ghosting and wrong doing in our Steam communication (posted below). Furthermore, with an Admin application pending, I would have assumed you to have known what ghosting was and not to have even risked doing it with or without Admin online..

This may be a major setback in your application, but as I said, I believe you would still make a good member of the admin team. Just know, other Admin applicants were also playing when you were banned for ghosting - and may feel it could be favoritism if you are accepted as an Admin and they are not - while they followed the rules and you did not. 

With that being said, since I am ultimately responsible for the outcome of your ban, and because of the impression you’ve had on me,
I am reducing you ban from 7 days to 3 days. You will lose the weekend, but you will not lose an entire week. I think that is more than fair, all things considered. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.04.49 PM.png

Edited by SkydivingSquid

5 minutes ago, SkydivingSquid said:

Arturus

The
Admin rules state clearly that ghosting is a 10080 minute (1 week) ban. It’s cut and dry.

Ghosting is defined as using 3rd party sources to communicate with other in game players about occurrences that can give one or multiple players an advantage. It is also known as informing
innocents of the identities of other Traitors, or not killing a Traitor when you know they are a Traitor. 

As the
Traitor, you and Loke (confirmed friends), were using an outside app to communicate while playing at least 1 round of TTT. You and Loke camped the nether (while I spectated you based on received complaints of camping). You allowed Loke to bait other Innocents into the nether so you could use the newton launcher to push them into the lava. This happened repeatedly until you lost the round as a Traitor and Loke was still alive (giving you and Loke away for ghosting). 

I immediately warned you and
Loke not to ghost. The reason I didn’t ban you right away was because in my experience you are a very friendly, experienced, and mature player who, I was under the impression, knew the rules. When I consulted the more senior admin, they agreed that you and Loke needed to banned. I agreed, since as an Admin I cannot show favoritism (which I partially did by warning you). 

Take into account that you have a
pending Admin Application. The only reason that application has not immediately been moved into Denied is because of your track record, your impression on both myself and the other Admin, and because you were honest and admitted to ghosting and wrong doing in our Steam communication (posted below). Furthermore, with an Admin application pending, I would have assumed you to have known what ghosting was and not to have even risked doing it with or without Admin online..

This may be a major setback in your application, but as I said, I believe you would still make a good member of the admin team. Just know, other Admin applicants were also playing when you were banned for ghosting - and may feel it could be favoritism if you are accepted as an Admin and they are not - while they followed the rules and you did not. 

With that being said, since I am ultimately responsible for the outcome of your ban, and because of the impression you’ve had on me,
I am reducing you ban from 7 days to 3 days. You will lose the weekend, but you will not lose an entire week. I think that is more than fair, all things considered. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.04.49 PM.png

Yea, thank you SkydivingSquid for the response and the shortening of the ban. I really appreciate it that you spent your time to read my appeal and make a decision. 

PS We were actually using vc and chat ingame