Loke

Strict/Lenient Punishments - Useless Warnings

Loke
STEAM_0:0:76475501

Which Admin Banned you:
@SkydivingSquid

Ban Reason:
Ghosting due to verbally baiting (Obviously and sarcastically) innocents into nether and not shooting traitor Arturas while they newton launched innos into lava.

Guessing these rules were broken:
- Innocents and detectives may not help traitors in any way.
- Not killing someone when they commit traitorous act when you should is cheating/ghosting.

Received a warning, assumed this would be some sort of reminder to the rules as no specific information was provided by SkydivingSquid.
Didn't perform the same 'ghosting' action even though Arturas informed me they were traitor again.
Received ban in the middle of a normal round of play.

Warnings seem useless if there's no opportunity for corrective action.
Chat log: https://pastebin.com/NGWrxiDW

Why should you be Unbanned:
Arturas did nothing wrong according to the rules as they were a traitor.
Both rules alluding to ghosting are specific to innocents.
- Innocents and detectives may not help traitors in any way.
- Not killing someone when they commit traitorous act when you should is cheating/ghosting.
No outside source of communication was utilize, all communication was through in-game chat and voice.

Punishment is too strict for a single round of a stray from consistent play; considering more aggressive actions I have reported went unpunished or underpunished in comparison.

Examples:

I can't utilize the recent report menu for recent reports I submit because I have submitted so many reports against Bobley-Swagger (STEAM_0:0:7439603) for targetting and rdm.
Their punishment is a 1 day ban after derailing my playing for multiple rounds? I was glad they were banned and weren't bothering me anymore, but for such consistent rdm and targetting to receive a single day of punishment is... bullshit.

TheSadBandit comes online and I use @ to inform them of two ghosters and report their actions discretely to be handled, get no response from the admin and later learn they are idle/afk...
linguine (STEAM_0:0:56417709) and phat pee kniss (STEAM_0:0:45618255)
I reported that when either of them were traitor, the innocent between them would attempt rdm all the traitors. This occurred twice.
phat pee kniss receives 'rdm and leave' after a 1 day karma too low ban...
linguine receives 1 week when Franchize comes online for mass rdm, likely related to the legitimate ghosting that I attempted to report.

Hi!

You and arturus were ghosting. Thats plain and simple. Here's the tricky part. With squid being a new admin he didnt know he had to ban for it so he warned instead. 

Once he told the other admins we told him to ban! :)

As for all the irrelevant stuff you posted: targetting is a week ban if its done for 3 rounds in a row. They probably could only ban for consistent due to the lack of rounds or proof. Its not about inconsistency, its about what we can prove and see. 

Ill tag @SkydivingSquid since it is his appeal, but good luck with admitting to ghosting. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Thank you WigglesWorth,

According to the rules I pointed out, it doesn't appear Arturas was ghosting.

With that in mind the offense would be more accurately described as cheating.

There is no reason for Arturas to be punished as they were simply playing the role as traitor asking me not to kill them.

My lapse in judgement as an innocent should have no impact on Arturas.

The targeting/rdm was performed I spoke of was easily 10+ rounds and I reported for all of them while they continued to submit false reports back towards me.

The user was warned for the false reports and nothing further in terms of 1-to-1 slay for rdm or a 1 week punishment.

I'm fixated on this because the annoyance/frustration caused and the punishment applied was disappointing. I refrained from turning back and rdming them while they targeted/rdmed round after round. While I get a week long ban for something so minor and easily correctable.

Some questions I would like some help understanding:

1. Is there a limitation to the number of reports we can submit through !report? When should I have given up reporting someone who was targeting me?
    As it stands I can't even view all the submitted reports I have submitted today as there is no scroll bar, I believe I can only see the oldest 8 or so reports.
  2. Is there a more effective way to communicate to staff?
    During the issue I had attempted !calladmin which didn't help and attempted to ask someone else if they had staff friends online who could help, but unfortunately not.
  3. When should we collect evidence to submit on the forums instead of through in game report?

5 minutes ago, Loke said:

Thank you WigglesWorth,

According to the rules I pointed out, it doesn't appear Arturas was ghosting.

With that in mind the offense would be more accurately described as cheating.

There is no reason for Arturas to be punished as they were simply playing the role as traitor asking me not to kill them.

My lapse in judgement as an innocent should have no impact on Arturas.

The targeting/rdm was performed I spoke of was easily 10+ rounds and I reported for all of them while they continued to submit false reports back towards me.

The user was warned for the false reports and nothing further in terms of 1-to-1 slay for rdm or a 1 week punishment.

I'm fixated on this because the annoyance/frustration caused and the punishment applied was disappointing. I refrained from turning back and rdming them while they targeted/rdmed round after round. While I get a week long ban for something so minor and easily correctable.

Some questions I would like some help understanding:

1. Is there a limitation to the number of reports we can submit through !report? When should I have given up reporting someone who was targeting me?
    As it stands I can't even view all the submitted reports I have submitted today as there is no scroll bar, I believe I can only see the oldest 8 or so reports.
  2. Is there a more effective way to communicate to staff?
    During the issue I had attempted !calladmin which didn't help and attempted to ask someone else if they had staff friends online who could help, but unfortunately not.
  3. When should we collect evidence to submit on the forums instead of through in game report?

Loke , ya really don't have to defend me...btw its Arturus.

Haha my bad Arturus, I'm always butchering your name even unintentionally!

I'm not trying to defend you as much as I am trying to make the situation right...

I was the one who attempted to sabotage my innocent team. Many traitors have tried to sway innocents into confusion and that's part of the game.

'ghosting' isn't remotely accurate, 'cheating' is more in line with what it should have been defined as: 'sabotage'

I should be punished for cheating/sabotage, even if it has the same length of punishment against myself at least it would be accurate and not affect someone else playing the game to their role.

1 minute ago, Loke said:

Haha my bad Arturus, I'm always butchering your name even unintentionally!

I'm not trying to defend you as much as I am trying to make the situation right...

I was the one who attempted to sabotage my innocent team. Many traitors have tried to sway innocents into confusion and that's part of the game.

'ghosting' isn't remotely accurate, 'cheating' is more in line with what it should have been defined as: 'sabotage'

I should be punished for cheating/sabotage, even if it has the same length of punishment against myself at least it would be accurate and not affect someone else playing the game to their role.

Holy fuck that notification scared me. Yep arbies, arteries, and all the a shit you give me ;(

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

@Loke,

The Admin rules state clearly that ghosting is punishable with a ban of 10080 minutes (1 week). Period. 

Ghosting is defined as using 3rd party sources to communicate with other in game players about occurrences that can give one or multiple players an advantage. It is also known as informing innocents of the identities of other Traitors, or not killing a Traitor when you know they are a Traitor

Arturus admitted to using a 3rd party application to communicate with you. You knew he was a Traitor and not only allowed him to kill Innocent players, but baited Innocent players into the nether while you both camped out (which it why I spectated Arturus in the first place). 

I am reducing your ban time from 7 days to 3 days because I have never had a problem with you or Arturus and you are both regular players who I enjoy playing with, and who furthermore have proven themselves to abide by the rules (for the most part). 

Further instances of Ghosting may result in a 2 week ban or a perma ban. 

Understand that I am not obligated to lessen your ban time and that the decision for me to do so is unusual. You will lose the weekend, but you will not lose the entire week. 

Edited by SkydivingSquid

Please don't close this yet, there is a misunderstanding still present.

There was no use of a 3rd party application, please present the admission of such use.

Our communication was explicitly through in-game text and voice chat.