FireStarter

BuddhaWatch

Trolling creates a lot of problems, when some players are shooting Buddha (Zeus) box on ze_tilex_ultimate_v2_13 or wooden plank on ze_halloween_house_b4. For admins it can be hard to tell who exactly is doing this.
I think that it would help if there were a plugin that would tell admins who is shooting those props.

I know that this is possible because such a system has been implemented on one of Zombie Escape servers for Buddha box on ze_tilex_ultimate_v2_13 when the map contest was going on.

Posted  Edited by mikasa

we always discussing about the breakable plank on halloween house to be fixed but idk if admin, snowy or potti or someone will pay attention about this (i also have asked potti once about this but he didnt answer anything). maybe keeping the breakable plank is a fun part to the map so they won't fix it.

for tilex ultimate, how about increase more damage if someone shoot the zeus box (buddha)? for example; one bullet shot equal to 60 to 85 hp damage (but the green/purple fire damage stay the same).

Edited by mikasa

93896602_p0.jpg

i think this isn't needed lol because if the mapper designs a specific map to be a certain way ,  like if you shoot the buddha you kill the team / set the floor on fire or like snowy said the planks is suppose to be able to be broken since the mapper made it that way. 

the_test_to_time.png

22 minutes ago, xSnowyAngel said:

What is there to fix on the plank? The mapper intended it to be this way.

7 minutes ago, Chewie2k said:

if the mapper designs a specific map to be a certain way ,  like if you shoot the buddha you kill the team / set the floor on fire or like snowy said the planks is suppose to be able to be broken since the mapper made it that way. 

this end my question. thank you.

93896602_p0.jpg

not to oversimplify things, but the "fix" (note I used "Fix" in quotes showing I believe this is an intended map mechanic, just like the bridge blowing on Lost_World) for the plank on Halloween House is simply for the leader to announce to players if the plank is broken, and let players know to turn on their flashlights and look down and jump when running so that they stay alive. 

The #1 thing you can do in game to help foster a good community is help player stay alive, so either the leader, or other people who want to help people stay alive, give helpful tips to new players. 

I cannot speak for Tilex as I am I not a Canadian laser f@g and dont play it much since it only seems be played during Canadian Laser F@g hours... :omegalul:  

20 hours ago, Chewie2k said:

i think this isn't needed lol because if the mapper designs a specific map to be a certain way ,  like if you shoot the buddha you kill the team / set the floor on fire or like snowy said the planks is suppose to be able to be broken since the mapper made it that way. 

14 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

the "fix" ... for the plank on Halloween House is simply for the leader to announce to players if the plank is broken, and let players know to turn on their flashlights and look down and jump when running so that they stay alive. 

Neither ze_tilex_ultimate nor ze_halloween_house have things obviously designed for "trolling" (unlike ze_evil_mansion, for example). The latter is a short and easy map, which can be won despite all trolling going on, so some trolling doesn't lead to bad consequences. This is not the case with tilex_ultimate and halloween_house. Trolling on tilex can deprive other players of the possibility to play the boss on extreme difficulty, and trolling on halloween_house leads to losing rounds early multiple times and rocking the vote (even if players are warned about broken plank).

From my point of view, the wooden plank on halloween_house is supposed to be destroyed, like any other breakable bridge, only after all humans have crossed it (to cut zombies off). Although in practice destroying the plank doesn't give noticeable benefits, because there is a pretty fast zombie teleport. And humans who are ahead of others can cover the rest after climbing up on top of the box (inside which zombies teleport), if they feel like it.

Buddha box on tilex_ultimate can be shot by accident while defending (and this adds some challenge when shooting from some angles, especially to noobs who are unaware of it), but it doesn't mean that it's OK to shoot it and kill your teammates on purpose.

So considering the negative consequences, I think that deliberately shooting Buddha box on ze_tilex_ultimate before the boss has been beaten (after extreme difficulty boss has been beaten the box disappears) and wooden plank on ze_halloween_house before all humans have crossed it has to be regarded as trolling and punished. Given the fact that opinions on the matter seem to differ, it would be nice to hear an official stance on it from server management and see all admins act accordingly.

Trolling is part of the game. If you can't properly control your team or can't prevent trolls from slipping into your team, you should simply identify the trolls asap and sacrifice them so they become zombies.

To put it in a few words: Out-troll the troll.

1 hour ago, Crawfish said:

Trolling is part of the game. If you can't properly control your team or can't prevent trolls from slipping into your team, you should simply identify the trolls asap and sacrifice them so they become zombies.

To put it in a few words: Out-troll the troll.

how do you prevent them from coming into your "team"..... and how do you "sacrifice them" to zombies????

5 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

how do you prevent them from coming into your "team"..... and how do you "sacrifice them" to zombies????

Well simply put, you can't prevent trolls from coming to your team. You can only make your server/team less attractive to trolls in the first place (which it seems you've already failed at if someone felt the need to make this post.)

Sacrificing is easy. You just need an altar, a statue honoring baphomet, a pentagram drawn in lamb's blood, a virgin (no shortage here) and a whole lot of chutzpah. xD

But seriously I don't need to explain exactly how to sacrifice the trolls you find. Use your imagination. One must think like a troll to out-troll the troll.

Haven't you ever crossed a bridge???

6 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

they join zombie

join human

they join human

join zombie

team kill them to sacrifice them