Extended mute 48 hours

Posted  Edited by jerry70450

Your In-Game Name: GetKnifed! jerry70450

Your Steam ID: 

STEAM_1:0:173738781

Mute Reason and Length: No reason given, length is 2 days

Admin That Muted You: bb_IU

Appeal Reason:

I simply stated that this map isn't good and people should rtv. Admin said shut up (being rude for no reason) and i said fuck u i should be able to say if I don't like a map. People say rtv all the time in text and voice chats. He banned my text chat for 30 min. I complained via voice chat and he banned my text chat for 2 days. I felt like this is abuse of power and him banning me just because he has the power to.

If my mute ban expires before people sees this, I would like something to be done about these kind of mutes. Maybe keep a record of admins who abuse their powers and apply penalties after a certain number?

Edited by jerry70450

image.thumb.png.47a9967dd51f86d60b4b9967dbce7e2b.png

punishments stack, nothing personal against you but you have a history of accumulated punishments

repeatedly encouraging people to rtv is against the rules

also if you aren't part of the ze admin team/ are not the person sending in the report pls dont post on this thread thanks

gmod people

1 hour ago, bb_IU said:

image.thumb.png.47a9967dd51f86d60b4b9967dbce7e2b.png

punishments stack, nothing personal against you but you have a history of accumulated punishments

repeatedly encouraging people to rtv is against the rules

I understand that, and I've trolled before. I've accepted the times where i get muted because I was trolling or whatever it is I did but I don't agree with this one.

Posted  Edited by bb_IU

Once again the gag time went up because punishment lengths increase as they are accumulated over time. Encouraging RTV repeatedly is prohibited unless it is for a valid reason IE. map breaking and there are no tier 3 or higher admins to fix it etc. Encouraging people to RTV because you dislike a map isn't a valid reason.

Edited by bb_IU

21 hours ago, bb_IU said:

Once again the gag time went up because punishment lengths increase as they are accumulated over time. Encouraging RTV repeatedly is prohibited unless it is for a valid reason IE. map breaking and there are no tier 3 or higher admins to fix it etc. Encouraging people to RTV because you dislike a map isn't a valid reason.

I don't believe that was the reason why the gag time went up. After you gagged me for 30 minutes I didn't try to get people to rtv anymore I was just protesting the first gag, and I think I have every right to question a gag. And you increased the gag time by a factor of 96 because of that. Not very justified imo 

2 hours ago, jerry70450 said:

I don't believe that was the reason why the gag time went up. After you gagged me for 30 minutes I didn't try to get people to rtv anymore I was just protesting the first gag, and I think I have every right to question a gag. And you increased the gag time by a factor of 96 because of that. Not very justified imo 

If admins suspect that a player being punished has past punishments then usually admins will make use of a placeholder punishment and check the sourcebans database to decide on the most appropriate punishment length. That was the case in this incident. I was aware that you had previous punishments so I followed the procedure outlined above.

23 hours ago, bb_IU said:

If admins suspect that a player being punished has past punishments then usually admins will make use of a placeholder punishment and check the sourcebans database to decide on the most appropriate punishment length. That was the case in this incident. I was aware that you had previous punishments so I followed the procedure outlined above.

hmmmm fair enough, although i still believe that this was on the harsh side