Roy

[CS:GO] Surf Timer Suggestions

Hidden
  • Add self-mute
  • Sort out rtv (extended) settings:
    • delay on rtv after mapchange to prevent a couple of people from forcing fast rtv
    • exclude spectators in counting (possibly raise ratio to balance out)
  • Sort out mapchooser (extended) settings:
    • Add a timelimit (40-60 minutes baseline?)
    • Add X extends of X minutes (5 extends of 20 minute baseline imo)
    • Optionally make cfgs for the "24/7-tier" to increase number of extends
    • Enable the feature that remove option 1-3
  • Look into possibly removing the "we will dance on your grave" sound clip for certain maps? It's a little obnoxious on the easiest of maps with high player count
  • Look into removing "An enemy player was awarded with compensation for the suicide of <player>

We can probably be fairly picky with which maps get to stay on the server given the our starting pool of maps was pretty big. People also seem to gravitate massively towards the same couple of maps in the "easy/beginner" sphere of servers, so quality > quantity seems the way to go, starting off at least.

Hidden

Tickrate should be 64.

3500 Max velocity.

Only having beginner servers will eventually drive players away.

Haven't played on the server yet, but I'll hop on and see if I can find more stuff to complain about in the mere future. :lenny:

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

On 12/15/2018 at 10:25 AM, Bredcrumbs said:

cant remove knife send help

This has been fixed in the major update released last night for the US server.

Also, I have a suggestion. While using Influx's timer, there are two items tracked at the left-middle of the screen. These items are the stage count (or linear) and jump count. I personally feel the jump count is useless in Surf Timer. I'm not really sure how everyone else feels about this, though.

Thanks.

Hidden

Allow prestrafing: holding 2 strafe keys at the same time to get 290 walking speed

IMO: 30 min start timeleft, three 10 min extends allowed. I think 1 hour per map is a good maximum

3500 max velocity, I think the tickrate is fine

remove ammo in pistols

make pistol run speed the same as knife

make player speed 0 when typing commands such as !r

Posted  Edited by juky · Hidden
Hidden
11 hours ago, Snails said:

Allow prestrafing: holding 2 strafe keys at the same time to get 290 walking speed

On the US server this is already in effect, though even there it could be tweaked slightly. Specifically:

sv_accelerate 5 (currently 10)
sv_friction 4
(currently 5.2)

Comes a little closer to mimicking CS:S settings/feeling. The current attainable speed on prespeed is upwards of 320 with 260 base velocity, in CS:S this is 289.2~ afaik. sv_accelerate 10 also feels little gimmicky .

11 hours ago, Snails said:

make pistol run speed the same as knife

You can drop your knife as it stands (again, only on US for now), but that's a good suggestion.

fairly irrelevant gibberish for Roy in spoiler below

@Roy

sed -i -E 's/\"max player speed\".{2}\"[0-9]{3}\"/\"max player speed\"\t\t\"260\"/g' csgo/scripts/items/items_game.txt

As executed in root install dir (../steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta - Dedicated Server/)

Fairly primitive regex but afaik this is the only native GNU tool that allows you to find and replace strings. Even the extended regex option doesn't use the pcre format.

Anyway, this finds and replaces all (3 digit) max player speeds in the items_game.txt, so all weapons allow you to run at 260, but you still have to manually set max player speed alt for the USP-S at line 20607 to 260. Apparently the USP-S weapon use the "max player speed alt" (also used to decrease movement speed while scoped or shooting) for its silenced state for whatever reason, making it impossible to pour into a one liner without a pcre compliant or above regex engine (as I need lookahead/lookbehind functionality to alter only the numeric value, not the entire line). I don't know what packages are installed on the server that could have served as a suitable alternative, nor do I know which language packages are installed, so this turned out to be a pretty poor use of my time.

Also, editing the items_game.txt would require you to set sv_pure to 0.

A plugin is probably a better solution lol

Edited by juky

Hidden

- Once both servers are in "v1.0", for say, we should consider a 3-6 tier server OR enable 3-6 Tier maps after 11pm US/UK or something. At handful of older players as well as experienced players join later in the night and it would be awesome to have those maps available. 

- There are already a few mic spammers (specifically musicbots) didn't seem like there was an automute bot unless it not detecting programs like SLAM properly. 

Other then what has been said, things are looking promising.

Posted  Edited by virusking - Edit Reason: mic spam plugin · Hidden
Hidden
22 hours ago, CrusTi said:

- Once both servers are in "v1.0", for say, we should consider a 3-6 tier server OR enable 3-6 Tier maps after 11pm US/UK or something. At handful of older players as well as experienced players join later in the night and it would be awesome to have those maps available. 

- There are already a few mic spammers (specifically musicbots) didn't seem like there was an automute bot unless it not detecting programs like SLAM properly. 

Other then what has been said, things are looking promising.

I agree that GFL should expand towards more advanced servers as well, because otherwise a large portion of players will be missed be it already experienced players or the ones that advance after playing for long enough on the beginner one.

Mic spam plugin has been setup for all CS:GO servers now

Edited by virusking
mic spam plugin

Posted  Edited by xen · Hidden
Hidden
  • Increase startzone speed limit to 350 u/s.
  • Use the default sv_maxvelocity (3500). I honestly don't understand why would you make it 99999, it makes some maps like utopia very annoying to run.
  • Increase airaccelerate as well since you're doing 85 tick now.
  • If possible, add checkpoint zones to linear maps, I can help out with that if needed.

Edit: Also it seems the servers still have separate records at the moment.

Edited by xen

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by King_Wailord · Hidden
Hidden

On the map surf_mesa_revo your knife disappears upon walking into the starting zone

not sure if you can do anything about this, but if you could that would be appreciated.

Edited by King_Wailord

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Berg · Hidden
Hidden

Consider removing the custom ranks that have bhop references (rankmenu).
Also you might wanna consider looking into demoting the old admins who are no longer admins (on the website), as im pretty sure im not an admin anymore :)

Edited by Berg

Hidden
13 minutes ago, Berg said:

Consider removing the custom ranks that have bhop references (rankmenu).
Also you might wanna consider looking into demoting the old admins who are no longer admins (on the website), as im pretty sure im not an admin anymore :)

There's only one rank called "bhop 2 ez" that is in some way related to bhop, I've removed it for now.

The issue with forum groups is being looked into as a whole in GFL, as the responsibility has been on managers to inform of demotions/resignations and if it's not done then no one was really aware who is admin and who is not. I've removed your forum group.

Hidden

Probably never going to play the server, just giving my two cents on a few things I noticed that can be improved.

• cmd/update rates are set to 85.0 while the tick rate is 85.3.

• 64 tick > 85.3 tick. Will give better performance to the server and clients, tick rates other than 64 can also cause issues with maps.

• "Slope Landing Fix" (1.2) by Mev & Blacky - Replace with RNGFix https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=310825

Fixes a number of physics bugs as well as the one 'Slope Landing Fix' is supposed to fix.

• Use the forked version of MapChooserExtended that the zombie server uses instead of the original as it has more functionality.

• Influx is stinky, maybe try using this as it's superior in every way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) https://github.com/fluffyst/Surftimer
    If this was the plugin you were originally using and having crash issues with, try contacting the developer through discord or steam.

• "SM Barrearmas" (v1.1) by Franc1sco steam: franug :neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:
    Maybe change to this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2486109 or use zaCade's weapon cleaner that the zombie server uses.

• 3 weeks later...
Hidden

Surf_colum_2 bonus dosent work correctly (there is not start or end zone, and !b dosen't bring you there) 

I also feel like >30 minutes for a map is too long resulting in people leaving because others don't rtv. I believe most  maps should be around 30 minutes, because that is a good amount to complete most maps and people will stay because the next map is coming soon.

Achievements

• Alucard33rd changed the title to [CS:GO] Surf Timer Suggestions
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Dini locked and unpinned this topic