Surf_pantheon

Surf_summit

Surf_Summer

Surf_Ace

Surf_garden

Surf_utopia_v3

Surf_spacejam

surf_luna2

Just some new map suggestions. If I knew how to do any thing with the coding and zoning I would try to help :/

Edited by spaced alien

• 2 months later...
Hidden

5 hours ago, Lou said:

sURF_the_distance PLASE

I will be adding many new maps to the Expert server soon, including the maps you suggested. Hopefully this weekend, maybe next week. :thumbsup:

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

Hidden
1 minute ago, Lou said:

stonework4's max vel should be 10k but it's at 3.5k rn

I'll look into that right now. As for surf_the_distance, I really want to add that map but I can't find a good version for it on GO anymore. If you have it, feel free to send it my way and I'll make it happen. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

• 2 weeks later...
Hidden

I'm going to keep updating that drive link with more maps that I want. I'm top 100 on another server and can access their private server and get any map you have trouble finding too. Please add surf_christmas2 fast since it's in season and a great map.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hidden

This stuff is frontend suggestions as that's what thousands see and experience daily. They don't have to be implemented any time soon, but they're incredibly small and easy changes to make, that it shouldn't be any kind of problem if the community agrees!

I've included all necessary copy&paste for you. 🥰

Ranks:  A community that I surfed on in 2013 for a few years had a very specific set of ranks that I've kept over the years, and I'd like to share them with GFL's community to see what people think. All of the special characters work with SurfTimer & current version of CS:GO as they're working right now on a private server. 

File location: GFL > csgo/addons/sourcemod/configs/surftimer/skillgroups.cfg

The "points" are subjected to change as GFL might have different variables in use, these are just the default SurfTimer core values to easily reference. Just note the "rankTitle" primarily, which are the ones changed.

They're as follows: Unranked, Beginner, Rookie, Amature, ☆ Amature, Advanced, ☆ Advanced, Skilled, ☆ Skilled, ☆ Buttery, ♞ Veteran, ♛ EliteMaster, ♛ Master, ♛ Legendary

"SkillGroups"
{
	"1"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{style}{darkred}♛ Legendary{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{darkred}"
		"rank" "1"
	}
	"2"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{red}♛ Master{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{red}"
		"rank" "2"
	}
	"3"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{red}Master{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{red}"
		"rank" "3"
	}
	"4"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{red}♛ Elite{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{red}"
		"rank" "4-10"
	}
	"5"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{lightred}Elite{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{lightred}"
		"rank" "11-25"
	}
	"6"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{orange}♞ Veteran{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{orange}"
		"rank" "26-50"
	}
	"7"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{orange}☆ Buttery{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{orange}"
		"rank" "51-100"
	}
	"8"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{lime}☆ Skilled{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{lime}"
		"rank" "101-200"
	}
	"9"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{green}Skilled{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{green}"
		"rank" "201-350"
	}
	"10"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{lightgreen}☆ Advanced{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{lightgreen}"
		"rank" "351-500"
	}
	"11"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{darkblue}Advanced{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{darkblue}"
		"points" "3000"
	}
	"12"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{blue}☆ Amature{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{blue}"
		"points" "1500-2999"
	}
	"13"
	{
		"rankTitle" "{default}[{lightblue}Amature{default}]"
		"nameColour" "{lightblue}"
		"points" "1000-1499"
	}
	"14"
	{
		"rankTitle" "[Rookie]"
		"nameColour" "{default}"
		"points" "300-999"
	}
	"15"
	{
		"rankTitle" "[Beginner]"
		"nameColour" "{default}"
		"points" "1-299"
	}
	"16"
	{
		"rankTitle" "[Unranked]"
		"nameColour" "{default}"
		"points" "0"
	}
}

SurfTimer: Communities in general have their name on the timer, for the most part, as I've experienced over the years. It makes the timer more fitting to the server, and better looking as it appears that the community took the time to edit some files. I suggest that we take out SurfTimer | from the in-game chat timer, and replace it with GFL |, or [GFL], as that would be more appropriate to the community. 

Here's how you do it:

File: GFL > csgo/addons/sourcemod/translations/surftimer.phrases.txt

In the file, you'll find all the print to chat formatting. There isn't a quick search of "SurfTimer" keyword as it's referenced elsewhere.

The main areas of focus: "MapFinished", "BonusFinished", "SQL"

In the file, you'll find {1} added at the beginning of each common setting, such as the following:

"HideChat1"
	{
		"#format"	"{1:s}"
		"en"		"{1} Hide chat enabled"
	}

The {1} is referencing SurfTimer | 

You can replace that with the following: 

"HideChat1"
	{
		"#format"	"{1:s}"
		"en"		"[{lime}GFL{default}] Hide chat enabled"
	}

Which in turn gives you this in the in-game chat when you hide chat as a user: [GFL] Hide chat enabled

I've love to see what the community thinks on these suggestions as they're fairly simple to do. I could send an entire surftimer.phrases.txt file with all the edits if necessary.

Hidden

I likely won't be adding any gfl specific branding to anything, as I intend to publicize my fork of this code-base once it's been properly refactored and ready for SM1.11

Posted  Edited by abber O_o · Hidden
Hidden
2 hours ago, AshAkiri said:

I likely won't be adding any gfl specific branding to anything, as I intend to publicize my fork of this code-base once it's been properly refactored and ready for SM1.11

What? 🤔

The phrasing text is just a text file. It's there so you don't have to make definitive edits in the sourcepawn source files of SurfTimer (misc.sp, timer.sp, etc), so, you can technically... fork a defaulted text file along with the altered timer files whenever you do what you're doing with the timer. All will be great.

Also, I was curious in my prior thread about what your github is or any kind of public work you've done that I can take a look at.

Edit: (not to mention that GFL is quite heavily branded on the CS:GO surfing servers as it currently stands: hostname, in-game advertisements telling us to join the community, etc)

Edited by abber O_o

Hidden
20 minutes ago, abber O_o said:

Also, I was curious in my prior thread about what your github is or any kind of public work you've done that I can take a look at.

Right now it's not public as it's a mess of very ugly commit messages - I'm going to do some rebasing once this set of fixes is done, and call it a new minor revision, unless the v11 stuff makes it in the cut this early on, then I'll up it to V3. It'll all be found at https://gitlab.com/ashakiri

Hidden
24 minutes ago, AshAkiri said:

Right now it's not public as it's a mess of very ugly commit messages - I'm going to do some rebasing once this set of fixes is done, and call it a new minor revision, unless the v11 stuff makes it in the cut this early on, then I'll up it to V3. It'll all be found at https://gitlab.com/ashakiri

Gotcha, thanks!  🙂

• 1 year later...
  • Dini locked and unpinned this topic