Roy

[CS:GO] Hide Empty/Password-Protected Servers By Default?

De Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Empty And/Or Password-Protected Servers Be Hidden By Default In CS:GO?

• Both empty and password-protected servers.
    • Only empty servers.
    • Only password-protected servers.
    • No.

Hi all,

I plan to make a Reddit thread for this topic before I make my detailed Reddit thread (third attempt, :omegalul:). However, I just wanted to hear other's opinions from GFL first.

As of right now, I believe the in-game CS:GO server browser could use a lot of improvements. Excluding GUI and visibility improvements, I believe empty and password-protected servers should be hidden by default.

I explain why I feel this way here. I'd recommend giving that thread a read because it's the only reason I'm recommending this change.

So what do you all think? Should empty and password-protected servers be hidden by default in the in-game server browser for CS:GO?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Posted  Edited by rapperdan · Hidden
Hidden

if I'm being honest here @Roy if you can find someone who does not simply click the player count and tries to find servers how you mentioned I would love to know who does it.

I believe I made a video showcasing this awhile back

anyways I firmly stand by what I have said many times the issues is that no one plays on neglected servers aka how GFL was and I believe there is still room for improvements and improving and pefecting everything so we can compete should be our biggest goal and it should be a constant drive and need.

to say the least I feel there is well other areas valve should focus more on.

we can't depend on valve to fix things we must make do and do it our selfs screaming at valve is like screaming at a god that simply is not there and will never hear you inturn we must find work arounds just like any other successful community.

if needed feel free to take notes from our ze server they actively seek perfection endlessly and well higher ups don't mess with it for massive reasons.

one of our biggest mistakes is we don't allow the servers to do as we allow with the ze server we seek to correct when the server is in it's well birthing stage we need to not repeat those very mistakes of the past.

anyways it is and always will be about player count population matters and people who care about the server and have a passion for it must be treated with care because I have seen more then a few servers die off over the years due to well having a need to be bigger we are all on the same team so we need to do it together.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Hidden
25 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

if I'm being honest here @Roy if you can find someone who does not simply click the player count and tries to find servers how you mentioned I would love to know who does it.

I believe I made a video showcasing this awhile back

anyways I firmly stand by what I have said many times the issues is that no one plays on neglected servers aka how GFL was and I believe there is still room for improvements and improving and pefecting everything so we can compete should be our biggest goal and it should be a constant drive and need.

to say the least I feel there is well other areas valve should focus more on.

we can't depend on valve to fix things we must make do and do it our selfs screaming at valve is like screaming at a god that simply is not there and will never hear you inturn we must find work arounds just like any other successful community.

if needed feel free to take notes from our ze server they actively seek perfection endlessly and well higher ups don't mess with it for massive reasons.

one of our biggest mistakes is we don't allow the servers to do as we allow with the ze server we seek to correct when the server is in it's well birthing stage we need to not repeat those very mistakes of the past.

anyways it is and always will be about player count population matters and people who care about the server and have a passion for it must be treated with care because I have seen more then a few servers die off over the years due to well having a need to be bigger we are all on the same team so we need to do it together.

About the video, do you acknowledge that the servers are being loaded in, while rapidly, by increments of 1? That's the issue with this sea of empty/reserved (face it types) servers. It isn't so much that people can't sort for by players after the results have come in, it is that the legitimate/desirable servers are delayed or blocked entirely from coming in at all.

The rest of your post are off-topic generalities, so proceeding -

Do you think it'd be worthwhile exercising a little more patience in hopes for their supposed scheduled community server browser overhaul to come through? As per 993683937862959105https://twitter.com/basisspace/status/993683937862959105

Just now, juky said:

Do you think it'd be worthwhile exercising a little more patience in hopes for their supposed scheduled community server browser overhaul to come through? As per 993683937862959105https://twitter.com/basisspace/status/993683937862959105

I think this is exactly why we should make the thread as soon as possible so these concerns are out there for Valve to consider when making an overhaul.

Thanks.

Posted  Edited by rapperdan · Hidden
Hidden
7 minutes ago, juky said:

About the video, do you acknowledge that the servers are being loaded in, while rapidly, by increments of 1? That's the issue with this sea of empty/reserved (face it types) servers. It isn't so much that people can't sort for by players after the results have come in, it is that the legitimate/desirable servers are delayed or blocked entirely from coming in at all.

The rest of your post are off-topic generalities, so proceeding -

I 100% agree but I feel the effects of it are being blown out of proportion I feel that we must start with ourselves as I feel valve is a lost cause for the most part atleast and there is bigger issues in my mind that need to be addressed by valve.

sometimes we must ask ourselves why are countless other communities doing perfectly fine if not thriving where we have fallen in the csgo scene while yes we are coming back as we should why have we failed and others have thrived.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Posted  Edited by virusking - Edit Reason: removed response to dan · Hidden
Hidden

@Roy
I believe due to the amount of empty/password protected servers, it would be beneficial to at least hide the password protected servers by default. I don't think Valve would agree to hide empty ones as then most people will never find them, but that would be helpful for servers with already some type of player base.

Edited by virusking
removed response to dan