reduct

[CS:GO ZE] Final Fantasy maps

2nd permanent ze_FF map  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the other ze_FF maps would you like as the 2nd permanent one (exempt from rotation)?

• ze_ffvii_cosmo_canyon_v5k_fix
    • ze_ffvii_temple_ancient_v4_3
    • ze_ffxii_feywood_b6_1k
    • ze_FFXII_Paramina_Rift_r4
    • ze_ffxii_ridorana_cataract_ps3
    • ze_FFXII_Westersand_v7_z9
    • Stable HDR version of ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v2
    • ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v4_va2

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted  Edited by reduct

Yes. About those FF maps...

We are introducing a new system for the popular ZE Final Fantasy maps.

Every month or so, we will be rotating the different Final Fantasy maps. There will always be four different selections to nominate as we believe this is the best way to balance out and reduce long, tiring marathons while also providing a bit of variety every couple weeks. This will also allow us to refresh the choices a bit while allowing everyone chances to play the many versions that are available for CSGO.

Out of the four selections, two will be permanent. The first permanent one will be the classic ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3_v5. The second permanent one will be voted by the community.

The Final Fantasy Maps that can be voted as the second permanent one are

ze_ffvii_cosmo_canyon_v5k_fix

ze_ffvii_temple_ancient_v4_3
ze_ffxii_feywood_b6_1k

ze_FFXII_Paramina_Rift_r4

ze_ffxii_ridorana_cataract_ps3

ze_FFXII_Westersand_v7_z9

ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v2_va2

ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v4_va2

Note: ze_FFXIV_Wanderers_Palace_v5 will not be added for now until a potentially newer, more stable version is released.

The two non-permanent maps will basically be on rotation every few weeks and will be swapped out with two other FF maps. When we get more stable FF maps, they will be added into the rotation pool.

Please submit a vote for which map you would like to be the second permanent ze_FF map

The poll will end Friday, January 25th 

If you have any ideas or constructive feedback, please leave a comment below for us to consider or directly contact us via Discord

Current ze_FF maps that can be nominated as of June 23rd

ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3_v5 (permanent)

ze_ffxii_westersand_v7_z9 (permanent)

ze_ffvii_temple_ancient_v4_3

ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v2_va2

Edited by reduct

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

We're trying this out.

Please don't go ape shit toxic on this thread but instead, post a constructive feedback.

Edited by xSnowyAngel

just so I am clear, mako and 1 map we vote for here from the list above will always be available to be nominated (aside from cooldown times), and then every month 2 different FF maps will be rotated in and out, so that at any 1 time there will be 4 total FF maps available to play... 

seems like a fine idea, but curious why we are doing this? have there been complaints that we have too many FF maps being played in a row, or are admins tired of all the weeblets constantly asking for more FF maps?

Or maybe instead having cooldowns between each ff map like we have on css?That would fix the problem with the ff marathons if thats the problem and we would still have the maps on rotation.Or maybe give tier 2 admins power to put those maps on nomlist(not forcing the map to be played next,only putting it on nomlist)since no admins that are tier 3 besides Vauff join the server,having tier 2 admins having power to nominate maps that are out of rotation but are stable(Pls trust ur admins more instead of limiting them).If im not wrong,ridorana,cosmo and feywood are stable so they could be on rotation and have the cd between them.
inb4 hur dur ff map so no Pepega

While I understand the want to limit ff marathons, but why not throw deadcore, mist etc. into the pool then as they often follow wester and mako? I don't like the idea of limiting the maps a server can play, as long as the maps being played are stable, and don't crash the server I don't see the issue, especially when you are limiting popular maps, like the ff ones. I think luigi's suggestion to have a cooldown between ff maps (and laser maps in general) is a much better solution than just outright saying "no more playing these maps". While I think we all can get sick of marathoning final fantasy, if the maps are well liked, and played pretty much the instant they're off cooldown, then why stop people from playing them? While it's nice to see your favorite FF map every few months, I think the best solution would be to make them have an individual FF map (or lasermap) cooldown instead. With the current situation I still imagine people will play mako --> whatever other ff map is in rotation --> deadcore (or another laser map) --> etc. until the train dies

Looking at the vote, it kinda seems like the maps that actually get overplayed are the ones that will end up being permanent maps (mako + wester), and from what i've seen recently the other maps are rarely played or are not even on the nomlist so i'm not sure if this would really solve anything.

(although i havent been as active recently, so my points may not necessarily be true or mean much lmfao)

I get that some ppl see all FF maps as the same (just lasers + items) but they each have their own style to it with different layouts and designs.

Plus map fagging marathons usually include a lot of other maps that arent FF like deadcore, gris, rush b, pirates, santa, diddle, castlevania, fapescape, mist, etc

Those maps alone take up quite a few hours of the day and all seem to be played daily/every other day.

People love FF maps (myself not included kek) and while it does bring in quite a bit of toxicity i dont think limiting the # of available FF maps at a time is the answer since most of the maps that are gonna get limited are not even currently on the nomlist and tryhard toxicity stretches to all tryhard maps anyways.

I trust that if it doesnt end well things will be changed, but at the moment all this seems to bring is just angry tryhards :omegalul:

i know its been said but if ur intent with this is to reduce marathons then any other maps that get marathoned should get the same treatment. Like Luffaren maps. Plus the FF marathon usually did not go to maps like fey or ridorana or paramina, the main marathon maps are still kept in rotation your mako, and wester/cosmo (depending on which wins). Like Luigi said when an FF map is currently being played all other FF maps are on a 1 map cooldown so that they cant be directly marathoned.

add them all lol, most of those arent even popular enough to be played regularly by the server lol. Also a bunch are so hard that they require a decent team, which over time players will begin to shun those maps if they end up losing at them so much.

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

if people want to play ff maps, there are plenty of servers in which they can.

however

I admire the dedication of the admin team to limit these overplayed maps.

A reason these maps are played so much is because they are short-ish and easy to learn. With materials to cover, most teams can beat mako and westersand without trying too hard.

But on a counter argument, removing of these maps will just lead to other maps becoming more played as people like to stick with stuff they know. (something is always going to be spammed and when i look at the votes is still going to be these two maps, are we just getting rid of the others xd)

Creating a void here, or not appealing to the laser fags, may seem like a good idea but it could instead create a hole in the market where good players might turn elsewhere. This may be the desired result, in case of which i encourage your decision, but i would implore there are other ways to get players to either play less of the same map, or work more cooperatively as a team.

For example, have a split nomlist where some of the nom's are random (could include a map pool containing ff maps but which would also be un nomable) or to give incentives to players to not kill team mates, such as harsher bans, and mutes for spamming, especially if you guys decide to remove the mutes on votes because people will spam anyway.

It's a nice try to cater to people who hate laser maps, however, i feel this idea is better in theory rather than practice. . . 

What about removing: Dreamin, Deadcore, Mist, LuckMatters, SAM, ShroomForest, Vortex etc

You guys are, and this is my personal opinion: doing the smallest thing possible to approach this problem. 

i doubt you guys will abandon the idea though, as you attempt to show the community you're trying to do something to fix the ff problem. 

*also you wont do anything because snowy thinks im an egotistical c*** and loan is struggling with issues about other's opinions* 

Anyway, moving on

Maybe you should remove all laser maps for a few weeks, then have a massive event playing through every laser map at a certain time each day, then put them all back into the noms where people will be more educated and will hopefully after a few weeks of not playing them, have learnt a few other maps to spam.

Interested to how it turns out, gl.

Edited by ReivaX

On 1/6/2019 at 6:41 PM, ReivaX said:

if people want to play ff maps, there are plenty of servers in which they can.

just because there are chink servers with 24/7 mako doesnt mean we shouldnt have mako

1 hour ago, Neiva said:

Keep the rest as a long cooldown 

Maybe you could give differing cool downs per map so that they don't all become available one after the other.

To stop the many and hated ff marathons. . . (although they're are few and far between)

10 minutes ago, ReivaX said:

Why stop at ff maps, what about between tryhard maps @1mpact

Yeah it would be good to have a 1 map 'cooldown' so tryhard maps cant be played in a row but might mean events will be harder to set up

7 hours ago, ReivaX said:

Why stop at ff maps, what about between tryhard maps @1mpact

That's not the best idea, I understand why playing Deadcore, Tilex and Santa in a row can be a shit idea but its not necessarily the best idea to go from deadcore to icecap for example

You obvioulsy don't want to continuously play hard maps because that will cause the server to lose players but you don't want to immediately swap to a casual/fun/non try hard map