reduct

[CS:GO ZE] Final Fantasy maps

2nd permanent ze_FF map  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the other ze_FF maps would you like as the 2nd permanent one (exempt from rotation)?

• ze_ffvii_cosmo_canyon_v5k_fix
    • ze_ffvii_temple_ancient_v4_3
    • ze_ffxii_feywood_b6_1k
    • ze_FFXII_Paramina_Rift_r4
    • ze_ffxii_ridorana_cataract_ps3
    • ze_FFXII_Westersand_v7_z9
    • Stable HDR version of ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v2
    • ze_ffxiv_wanderers_palace_v4_va2

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted  Edited by willywilson

Can we come back to the discussion on ff maps and the rotation, as we've had the same ff maps for going on 2 months, when initially they were set to be swapped every few weeks? I myself would LOVE to play ridorana and wanderers v5, both maps that haven't been played in months, and are generally harder, more difficult, and more well liked than wanderers v2 and temple ancient, both of which seem to be some of the least liked and nom'd ff maps of the rotation. 

I agree ff athons are an issue, but perhaps there is a better solution, like putting 'laser maps' like mist, deadcore, kitchen, dreamin etc. into the mix, and adding them all to a 5 map cooldown so that we can't go on laser fests? As it stands we still spam deadcore, mist and kitchen, yet maps like paramina, which only have 2 lasers at the end (and is almost always a team win) are in this pool? Feels like this would remove laser-a-thons a lot more than the current system, which seems to have changed from ff maps to deadcore mist and kitchen spam. 

Edited by willywilson

• 1 month later...

Since wanderers has basically taken up a permanent spot on the ff rotation, just switching between its versions like with mako (when a stable v6 comes out) and westersand (with v7 and v8), we only really see this ff rotation changing 1 map at a time. When the ff rotation was introduced, it was 2 maps swapping out, but then 2 new wanderers version came out to basically lock it onto the list since then. Due to this, it would at least be nice for 1 more ff slot, just so we see 2 maps rotating each time like how it was when the ff list was first introduced.

3 hours ago, lce said:

Since wanderers has basically taken up a permanent spot on the ff rotation, just switching between its versions like with mako (when a stable v6 comes out) and westersand (with v7 and v8), we only really see this ff rotation changing 1 map at a time. When the ff rotation was introduced, it was 2 maps swapping out, but then 2 new wanderers version came out to basically lock it onto the list since then. Due to this, it would at least be nice for 1 more ff slot, just so we see 2 maps rotating each time like how it was when the ff list was first introduced.

To add onto this, some of the maps in the rotation aren't well liked by the server or fagged out by laser fags, examples being temple ancient, wanderers v4, and v2 (maybe v6 as well but I'll wait and see), while maps like cosmo, ridorana, wanderers v5, and paramina are well liked and fagged (tho I hardly consider paramina a laser map, but that's a whole different debate). I'd honestly like if the community could vote a map out of the pool, such as temple ancient, and wanderers v4, as both of those maps are almost universally disliked, and aren't really contributing to the "laser fags" issue set out by banning ff maps, in order to prevent laser a thons. As I have previously mentioned, why not unban all the maps, but make all laser maps share a 3 map cooldown (so that we can't play a laser map within 3 maps of another) and then implement a longer cooldown on each laser map, like say a 100 map cooldown, so that if I play mako, I can't play another map with lasers for 3 maps, but I can't play mako for another 100 maps.

Also I'd like to talk about how it's somewhat unfair that this is the treatment solely for ff maps, and not laser maps as a whole, or luffaren maps, as I feel luff-a-thons are a major issue at the moment, even more-so than laser maps before the ff rotation. I don't see this as a tenable solution to map-a-thons.

Posted  Edited by ReivaX

Yeah but the difference is that with laser maps, ill leave at the start and fags will leave at the end killing the server. With maps such as santa and korea they attract people but they dont have the turnover that lsaer maps do. 

People just fuck around on these maps anyway, when a map is too easy like mako the amount of toxicity that exists is off the charts and admins justify it with the "we already beat the map." That's a good excuse to ruin the experience for others, if you dont tolerate being a dickhead elsewhere why do you tolerate it on the rerun of most ff maps.

Double standards are a killer, way to encourage new players to not troll.

Edited by ReivaX

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

More changes to the cooldown systems.

Maps in a group consecutively played will no longer be punished with a full cooldown on all maps in the group. Instead, playing any map in a group even once will put all the others on a much shorter cooldown (currently 4 maps).

ze_deadcore and ze_mist have also been added to the "Final Fantasy" group.

• 4 months later...
Posted  Edited by Vauff

- Added ze_castlevania_p1_7 to group 2 cooldown

- Removed ze_FFVII_Temple_Ancient_v4_3 from group 1 cooldown

- Added ze_FFXIV_Pharos_Sirius_v1_5F to group 1 cooldown

- Added ze_rabanastre_royal_t5 to group 1 cooldown

- To try and reduce the avoiding of certain grouped maps due to wanting others (*cough* rescuing deadcore/mist), the group cooldown was changed from 4 to 3, this may be increased again if intentionally abused

Edited by Vauff

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, donchill said:

please update the cooldown system with adding all the surf maps

There was a thread regarding this a few months ago, but the poll results indicated most didn't seem to want that system