Roy

Future Machine Upgrades

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everybody know about the future arrangements we will be making with our hardware setup. We aim to provide the best gaming experience possible to our players and an important part of that is having the best performance possible. This is why we are making these arrangements. With that said, as our servers have been becoming more popular recently, we've found our GS05 and GS06 machines becoming overloaded at times.

Please note that these plans are subject to change.

GS05

Our GS05 machine currently runs with the following specs in the United Kingdom:

• Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0 GHz.
  • 32 GBs of DDR3 RAM.
  • 256 GBs SSD.
  • 1 Gbps port (with 10 TBs of bandwidth).
  • Provided by Croncos.
  • $111.10/m.

With this hosting provider, we can request custom builds and they are fairly cheaper in my opinion. Therefore, I plan to request the following build (which may change):

• Intel I7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz (possibly overclocking it to 5.0+ GHz if possible).
  • 32 GBs of DDR4 RAM.
  • 500 GBs NVMe.
  • 1 Gbps port (with 20 - 30+ TBs of bandwidth).
  • Provided by Croncos.
  • N/A.

I plan to talk to our hosting provider directly and hope to get the following questions answered:

1. Are you able to overclock the Intel i7-9700K to 5.0+ GHz (this will heavily increase the performance of our servers).
  2. How much per month will we be paying for this build along with the setup fee?
  3. How long will the setup take and when can we expect to have the machine ready after paying for it?

This new machine will be either GS08 or GS09. Unfortunately, I don't have any estimates for the above questions, but once we've came to an agreement, I will post another announcement letting everyone know or I'll update this thread (depends on the timing).

With this change, we will be moving servers from GS05 to GS0x and this will allow us to raise the slot counts on some servers (e.g. Surf Timer) as long as the performance is still great. It's going to be very interesting seeing how well CS:GO Surf Timer performs at 50+ players and 85 tick with the Intel i7-9700K (hopefully it can handle 64 players).

GS06

Our GS06 machine currently runs with the following specs in Dallas, Texas, United States:

• Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0 GHz (HT is disabled).
  • 16 GBs of DDR4 RAM.
  • 500 GBs NVMe.
  • 1 Gbps port (with 10 TBs of bandwidth).
  • Provided by GMCHosting.
  • $140.00/m.

We cannot request a custom build with this hosting provider. However, they have a machine with very good specs which include:

• Intel i7-9700K overclocked to 5.1 GHz (all 8 cores).
  • 16 GBs of DDR4 RAM.
  • 500 GBs NVMe.
  • 1 Gbps port (with 10 - 20+ TBs of bandwidth).
  • Provided by GMCHosting.
  • $260.00/m.

We will most likely be getting the above build. But unfortunately, they won't be available until another one - two months. Once they're available, it shouldn't take too long to setup.

The new machine will be either GS08 or GS09. Once the machine becomes available, I will let the community know about it.

Similar to the GS05 upgrade, we will be moving all of our servers from GS06 to GS0x and this will allow us to raise the slot counts on some servers (e.g. Surf Timer) as long as the performance is still great. With the processor being overclocked to 5.1 GHz, I'm confident it will be able to handle our CS:GO Surf Timer server at 60+ players and 85 tick.

If anyone has questions or concerns, feel free to reply to the thread.

Thank you.

Just now, VirusKing said:

CS:GO Division requires more power, sorry for wasting all the resources boys and girls.

Especially running some of these servers at higher tick-rate counts, lol.

Update

I have talked to Croncos and they're going to look into how far they can overclock the i7-9700K. They said above 5 GHz should be possible.

This is the build we are looking at:

• Intel i7-9700K overclocked to 5.0+ GHz.
  • 32 GBs of DDR4 RAM.
  • 500 GBs NVMe.
  • 1 Gbps port (10 - 20+ TBs of bandwidth).
  • $254.00/m (no setup fee).

Croncos is looking to give us this machine around the beginning of February. This works perfectly for us because we are preparing our servers this month.

Thanks.

Hidden
3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Update

I have talked to Croncos and they're going to look into how far they can overclock the i7-9700K. They said above 5 GHz should be possible.

This is the build we are looking at:

• Intel i7-9700K overclocked to 5.0+ GHz.
  • 32 GBs of DDR4 RAM.
  • 500 GBs NVMe.
  • 1 Gbps port (10 - 20+ TBs of bandwidth).
  • $254.00/m (no setup fee).

Croncos is looking to give us this machine around the beginning of February. This works perfectly for us because we are preparing our servers this month.

Thanks.

Finally @Roy took you long enough......

Have Questions? Message me on here, steam, or discord!