ggzfeng

Restrict sniper and sniper rifle

Can we get a restriction for awp and those scar in long and hard maps? Especially when there's a boss fight with time limit. Just like ze_dreamin level3, we went from 2-0 to 2-5 cuz some people using awps and scar during the boss fight which is non friendly to f2p players. I did told them to buy bizon in chat and mic but still some people won't read the chat or hear. Its quite tiring since level3 is roughly 15mins and we failed 5 tries cuz stuck at the boss. We have good number of humans survived phase 1 of the boss but can't kill it in time. U can keep awps and sniper to those chill maps with map modifier. Just give a restriction to those long ass hard maps.

I find the scar and awp very helpful on that map up until the bossfight so please dont ban them.

if you cannot get players to do what you want, you need to try and lead them differently... not taking a shot at you, just stating a fact. good leaders get others to follow their lead... just a fact... when it comes to winning, where there is a will there is a way. 

Posted  Edited by Citizen

Here's what i call a 3/5th compromise:

Completely ban all sniper rifles from tryhard maps.

In return, lift the ban on the SSG 08 during chill maps. I wanna dick around too and practice that gun.

Edited by Citizen

I'm backk.

3 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

if you cannot get players to do what you want, you need to try and lead them differently... 

i dont think u get my point?

restricting awps and sniper doesnt relate to leader as u have to beat a boss within a time limit u need a proper weapon for that

4 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

I find the scar and awp very helpful on that map up until the bossfight so please dont ban them.

if you cannot get players to do what you want, you need to try and lead them differently... not taking a shot at you, just stating a fact. good leaders get others to follow their lead... just a fact... when it comes to winning, where there is a will there is a way. 

I have to agree with @ggzfeng here. Maybe your awp or scar can work some wonders while defending but seemingly not for the majority of the player base. I think restricting awp and scar to casual maps shouldn't be a problem and will help newer players learn which guns are good to use, and teach them how to properly defend and play the game mode. From personal experience explaining which guns are good to use and why is not effective with a lot of players. 

If randoms are not willing to listen, would it matter even if we removed the snipers or any other types of weapons? The map says to shoot the boss and you will still have rebellious, edgy manchildren still wanting to shoot zombies while you're spamming to shoot boss.

Sometimes you just got to take what you can get. Either you get a good day or a bad day. That's kind of the gamble in the playing a multiplayer team game. Its a team effort. If the majority of the team won't put the effort it in, its just going to drag down the valiant effort of the few that did. 

He has a point, there will always be some players who don't listen completely, probably because they be listening to music and muting the game or not paying attention to chat. I understand the theory here is take away the autistic primary weapons and players will naturally start using the reasonable ones. Only problem is that there isn't much data out there so theres no guarentee that it will happen on a noteworthy scale.

Then again mappers need to stop following the fucking difficulty meme. If a boss requires 80% of the players to survive while having every one of them use am smg or mg in order to beat the time limit, then the mapper probably intended the boss to be beaten 1 in 10 tryhard attempts. The mapper should also be ready to accept that his map is going to be unpopular as shit due to its retarded standards.

I get your point feng... but if they are not going to listen to the leader to buy the gun you tell them to at the bossfight restricting the AWP/SCAR wont help as they will just go into bossfight with NOVA or XM or a MP9 or deagle.... the only people you will hurt are people like me who use it on the long straits to really knock back the zombies away from the front line defenders then switch to MG at boss.... 

if they dont listen and are a shit team, then you would have to restrict all weapons until just Bizon or Negev are left. Like what Loan said, you cannot restrict a team into being good. you can only lead them to be good, or accept that today is not the day to win as it's a shit troll f2p edgey meme team and just RTV for platformer. I think that may just be the reality of the ZE universe right now...

22 minutes ago, hotEvercLear said:

I get your point feng...

why u have to relate to the leaders??????????????????????

im pointing the proper weapon to boss fight..............................................................................................................

and i prefer them get those pistols nova even they dont listen since those guns able to save them and dont need to SCOPE so they have higher chance to stay alive

11 hours ago, reduct said:

If the majority of the team won't put the effort it in, its just going to drag down the valiant effort of the few that did. 

its minority when we trying to beat dreamin but the map is non friendly to f2p

those f2p who willing to learn but cant survive longer due to those f2p who actually dont listen or read the chat
why dont shape a better background to start with instead praying urself to get a good team?

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear
3 hours ago, tiberius1 said:

no

he makes a strong point 

I relate it to the leader Feng because:

1. if they are new to ZE and just dont know any better, it is the leaders job or the job of other experienced players job to inform them what is needed to win, and convince them to do it. dont restrict them into winning, we need to help/guide them into winning.

2. if they know they need a negev or bizon to beat the boss, and are troll/meme/edgey and choose not to.... then even if you restrict the weapon they will just get something else to be trollish/edgey and it wont matter unless you restrict everything.... and that's no fun at all and you probably wont beat hard boss like Dreamin with a team that has that mentality.

I hope this clarifies what I am saying.... just trying to think this logically. 

Edited by hotEvercLear

People who using awp or shotgun or auto and survive to the boss that have time limit, also boss hp will increase a lot and when they die you can’t beat it because 1 bullet of awp or scar deal like 1-10 damage on the boss . They don’t listen to you either new to the game or want to troll and get out of that map. But there are still people who care about the map but can’t achieve it because of them. 

I don’t want to say this is a idea that other server are better but I play on different server and they melt all the boss in like 30 second. They beat all the map pretty easy and most of the people don’t use awp they use like m4 or ak. I don’t mean that gfl is bad or what but awp seem pretty common used on the server since I see some maps don’t have it restricted that mean people will use it.

he makes a strong point 

He dont even play ze anymore so u trying to listen to someone who dont even hop on the server and sometime lead the team if necessary and just bragging?

if they are new to ZE and just dont know any better, it is the leaders job or the job of other experienced players job to inform them

why u still have to relate it to leaders?!?!?!?!?!

u can look at what i replied to loan
shape a better background
instead PRAYING for good team

dont restrict them into winning, we need to help/guide them into winning.

I dont see any leaders will try not to win when they leading and so practicing them using awps so they can win? OK

if they know they need a negev or bizon to beat the boss, and are troll/meme/edgey and choose not to.... then even if you restrict the weapon they will just get something else to be trollish/edgey and it wont matter unless you restrict everything....

So why dont we just restrict something so people dont have to start to TROLL?????????????

u keep making counter excuse w/o actually giving any solid reason

1 hour ago, Chewie2k said:

but but... i love me snipers 

Chewie makes a strong (But racist point). 

Feng I am honestly not trying to shitpost/argue with you. I think this is a productive debate and I understand your concern. I just think if you logically map out the scenario, the fix will not be to restrict 2 specific types of weapons to solve the specific problem. Step 1, lets define the problem in very specific details. 

Problem:

Players are not shooting the boss on Dream'in (and possibly other maps) with weapons that have enough DPS to beat them in the time allowed. 

If this is the correct assessment of the problem, we can talk about solutions and how if implemented those solutions would solve the problem. 

It is also helpful to understand "Why" this is happening as that 100% plays into the best solution with the least negative impacts. 

If it is because players are trolling with AWP/SCAR... that is an attitude issue and they will still troll with other weapons, leaving the same DPS issue and the only people that will be hurt are those like me who actually use those weapons with a positive team effect in the rest of the the map. Do you see my point here at least? It is not worth punishing players who use them for a net benefit, when it does not solve the problem... 

I bring up leadership because if the problem stems from the fact that players use the AWP/SCAR because they are CSGO F2P players who only know those weapons from public/comp server play, well they may not know any better and it is up to the leader or other tryhards to inform them that those weapons wont achieve the DPS required to win the map at the bossfight. Then, the solution is simply sharing more information, and therefore a better solution than restricting weapons that have a cost of more work for server managers, and less options for players who use them correctly. 

Look at this through the lens of cost/benefit analysis once we have clearly defined the problem, and identified the source of the problem and lets continue this discussion. 

23 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

Look at this through the lens of cost/benefit analysis once we have clearly defined the problem, and identified the source of the problem and lets continue this discussion. 

DAMN CLEAR tbh, im trying to help the server getting better, regulars slowly leaving gfl cuz they were tired of the current mix of f2p cuz  sometime u stuck at a stage that actually requires a whole team to make it

while u stated keep the awp so u can have fun with it and only for ur own benefit
why dont u think for the whole community instead for ur own
i wouldnt bother to post this if i just wanna have fun with the GODDAMN AWP
no offense to other awps lover just plan further since ze has reached the peak of tryhard trend

Feng, 

It is not so much to have fun, i honestly think it is a valuable tool as is the SCAR on certain parts of that (an other) specific map. I can understand your point if it were just me wanting to "have fun with the AWP"... tbh i use the SCAR far more often there. However I think I am not the only one who uses it the right way on that and other maps. 

If I am the only one and no one else uses it appropriately to help the team defend (like as a 2nd layer of defense behind the Negev/Bizon front line defenders to extra push back the waves of zombies so you dont have them all at the front of the pack at the same time) I would say you have a valid point and we should implement your solution assuming it is not way to much work for the server manager and wont break anything. 

Feng if you talking about the boss timer there are alot of map have boss timer like gris, notredame, alien shoote, etc but we still beat the boss every time, it not about the sinper it about the map and dreamin lv3 is impoosible with all those rng boss attack even if u restrict all the sniper rifle it still the same so please stop arguing with hoteverlead

Auto snipers are actually not that bad. They have pretty good breakable damage (for those nazguls on minas/mt doom) and have enough knockback to hold zombies for long range holding. I will say that AWPs are pretty useless as to get the benefits of unless you hit a majority of headshots for the knockback.

A better solution would be to just constantly lead harder maps and remind players to buy bizon/negev/whatever to beat maps. Yall are complaining about f2p players too much when we have had absolute garbage players for the past year and a half. Just gotta assert yourself as an important person and lead the sheep.