ggzfeng

Restrict sniper and sniper rifle

maybe only members get access to full weapons... idk... im open to ideas i think will make the server more fun and less cancer and more enjoyable... I am just not sold that this would achieve the goal. 

I am sometimes wrong though, so good to have a debate about it. 

everyone keeps saying that the awp and autos have good knockback but unless ur kennyS or guardian with that awp ur not  hitting headshots everytime so that knockback is about as good as a few bullets from an auto weapon. The auto is a bit of whatever keeping it in could be a compromise. Also some of these rationalizations just say you need to lead better you do realize that not everyone speaks english or is listening or even wants to listen so people being dumb is not all about who is leading. To add on to fengs point of dreamin boss the boss on convoy has timing and simple mechanics but requires alot of dps if there are several people using snipers then you are never going to win.

Side note if your going to talk about all the good defending your doing with the awp from the safety of the rear of the map why not just use an SMG and get close and lead the defense just a thought.

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

Phantom, thank you for your thoughts. The difference in defending from the front with an SMG vs the knock back of an AWP headshot on a map like Dreamin (what we are specifically talking about) is when you have those long/strait ramps... SMG will simply slow down the zombie, or knock them back  maybe 8-10 units... AWP can send them back 50-1000+ units so you never get that crashing wave of 20 zombies all at once that overwhelm you (When done properly in tandem with an overall multi layered defense strategy). 

I am just saying it "CAN" be useful when used correctly on that map, and removing it will only hurt the players (if there are more than just myself that is using it correctly) who use it and not have any effect on stopping the troll players. I have submitted this as my opinion, and it is open to debate and i could certainly change my mind if new information or perspective is provided. 

Edited by hotEvercLear

the distance you speak of is if you hit them with a headshot. If you are hitting them with body shots the knockback may be a bit more than an SMG but the time between shots is greater and then you ahve to take into account the scoping time. Maybe ull be able to get a headshot every 10th shot lets say that would maybe jsut barely equal it out. Your entire argument is that you can do more work with an awp but that is if you are hitting headshots at a professional level if that were the case hitting all headshots with the SMG or M4/AK would still probably come out on top.

not quite phantom.... my argument is that it can be an effective supplemental tool for that map specifically (or other maps with long strait aways work too, so long as there is no wall behind them to stop the knockback, and where you can launch them off the edge). 

The other flaw here phantom is that you are thinking about this like they zombies run like in CSGO Comp or Pub Servers... they are not peaking/strafing walls and corners like in Comp. They run right at you and it is super easy to get headshots with a scoped weapon in ZE mode. I am not a good CSGO player, im ok, and i get get HS on zombies running right at me 7/8 out of 10 times. I dont think I am unique. 

Those are my thoughts. 

ok i can see that your whole change my opinion thing is just bullshit so that you can pretend like your in the moral high ground. You have no intention of seeing it any way other than we are trying to take away you "fun" when all we want is to try and increase the possibility that more people will actually shoot the boss and not die on the first attack.

phantom this isn't a moral debate... I dont get why you are jumping to that. this is a friendly discussion man...

you may not have read everything I have said and must not grasp the concepts I am trying to lay out. I have a view, and am trying to explain why I think that way, and then calmly explain why I feel the counterpoints doing quite match up to the underlying issues. 

since it is not up to me anyway I'll just leave this alone since it's clearly not something worth making moral equivalencies about. 

well i jump to conclusions because you counter argument is just that hey it can sometimes help, the key word is sometimes alot of times snipers do a whole lot of nothing.  I did read all your stuff btw and its just the same rhetoric everytime hence why i called this whole grand standing your doing bullshit.

your argument is good hoteverclear

but its basically null because gfl already restricts awp on some maps

as for the dreamin level 3 boss i dont think its that hard, its easier than level 2 as you basically just need to crouch 90% of the attacks, you just need people knowing what to shoot at