Winter

<Fake Meme Resignation Title Here>

Posted  Edited by Winter

psyche

I didn't expect this day to come. I've been here with GFL for 3 years now and I've seen a lot of stuff here. Quite honestly, GFL has become my second family.

That just makes it that much worse to realize what a drag I've become on the community. Everywhere I've tried to take a position has not lasted or had success. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do/did for the community. Every spot I had. But that doesn't mean I was a good worker. I've always had work ethic issues and I get distracted very easily. Between GMOD management, to Council, even to Discord and forum moderation. The effort has been inconsistent and the results have been low. Not an excuse, but school and other life reasons have also factored in. I've just been pretty busy on a close to daily basis and it's taking time away from the amount I could spend on GFL.

I know I said I was only resigning from management, but I've been reflecting on that and I think it's only best if I leave my position as Forum Mod as well. I need time away from the community if I'm going to come back. Which I guess I have seen a good number of people leave and come back, so I don't know if I will. Maybe. As of right now, the plan is to not come back, or take up any position again. But there's no guaranteeing it'll stay that way, so weh. Take it for what it's worth.

Honestly, the biggest reason I'm deciding to do this has just been motivation. It's going away. I poured a lot into the community and I don't feel like I got much out of it. I made a lot of great friends and had a great time, but overall I haven't reached the goals I set for my positions. It's been failure after failure and it's frustrating and wearing me down. Now that I have even less time to spend here, I just can't continue now. My second wind has fallen short and I just can't keep going. I'm sorry to everyone I let down. I'm as frustrated as I'm sure you were.

I have new goals. I've been crazy into Overwatch lately and if the stars align I want to one day join the Overwatch League. This is the most drive I've had for anything in a long time. Freeing myself from my positions in GFL also will give me more time to focus on practicing and getting better for that. It'll take a lot, but I've been thinking about it for quite some time now. Any of you who follow OWL, maybe one day you'll see my name on those roster lists. Who knows. I can only hope.

I'm going to try to stick around in at least Discord. A lot of you have become my great friends and I don't want to leave any of you. You've all been too nice to me and I'd miss you guys if I left entirely. This was part of why it was so difficult to make the decision to leave in the first place.

Love you all. Thanks for all the great times.

Yes, I'm making a ping list. I'll save y'all the space though.

I need to shoutout some groups. After that will be all the messages and shit.

Old Murder: @Exotique @InfectedKatana @TicciToby @Sephnessed @Blade @Xx_Darkie_xX @LeafsSon @BNK_BlackPanther @xzPuncakeGuyzx @CrazzyAz @Ordua @James @TacoEmperor @SugarKitty @Squiishy @Soviet_nazi @DeadAtNooN @Baby @PencilTopia @RiptogateGaming @bosser3001 @XavierDD @FiveGodzillasatHenry @TurtleMang @Gatomadog @thecrazbuttstabber @Snart @cyberkoalaXD @Nap14hockey (you count. lol) @JK_Ghosty (so do you) @Lemon @CheesyFishBitz @Carr @Baron @Jitnaught @YourBestNightmare @AFrickenTaco @DraugrNaught @CreeperKAP @GammaTheNinetales

Old Deathrun: @Maskiee @Rcool64 @ButterKing5000 @Bomber314 @KermitGamez @Userpanic @Glenn_ (RIP) @Mundo @Berry @KnuckleMcSpaz @Mango605YT @InvertedAdvent @Joel @Anitrax @Harley @Kronenberg @Kai1X @Varalyn @GamingX13 @Ataze_ (Nice timing lol. Welcome back.)

My brief stint on HnS. Haven't forgotten about you guys: @RedCharger888 @Impaled @sciguy429 @AciFire @AtomicHeadphones @Chormee @John Jeez Man @bnewton @Zexired @PsquawOsaurus

Don't be hurt if your name isn't in the ones below. If I was tagging each and every one of my friends this list would be much much longer than it already is. Consider yourself on the list without a message if you're not tagged.

@Ralsei - One of my best buddies. I feel like I've let you down in particular, and I'm sorry. Keep up the great work.
@Ben - I knew you'd make it to Director eventually. Good job dude.I will break that pressf command if I damn please thank you very much ;)
@Roy - You've sacrificed more for this community than probably any one of us. I really appreciate that you've created this family that I was lucky enough to be a part of.
@Zebra - Thanks for all the chances. I blew it repeatedly and you still let me try. You have my respect, for what it's worth at least.
@Liloz01 - Keep up the great work. Sorry for any trouble I caused.
@Nick - Still think you aren't this Satan that some people made you out to be. Respect for pulling through that.
@Dead_Soul, @Tayosaurous and @tobyty1024 - I'm sorry to pull a fast one on you guys like this. I hope you like Murder enough to stay. You guys are great. Much love.
@Shuruia - Assuming you still play, I'd love to talk Overwatch with you sometime. It was enjoyable last time and I have more to talk about now that I have a little more experience (not much) lol.
@Korowa - Same thing about Overwatch. Also, we didn't talk a whole lot but it felt like you were always there for me. Thanks a million.

@Amelie - Aside from Overwatch, see above.
@Aura - Been a hell of a ride yeah? Thanks for being a great friend in the end.
@Violator - Why'd I mention you again?
@EJ. - Fucking potato. Hope you'll always remember me screaming in rage on Deathrun. ;)
@Major_Push - I wasn't cut out to be an interview host anyways :omegalul: Good idea though.

@Qasem - Guess I wasn't cut out for podcast hosting either :roy:
@TheJitFace - Good job on getting manager (even though i'm hella late). Keep in touch
@Lynx - At least you stopped changing your name every week when you left ;) Another good buddy. Keep in touch too. Also jesus fucking christ your balls dropped since you've been gone your voice is actually not hella squeaky now
@Wilford_brimleyy - You're banned lol. Just shouting out the person who accepted my member application when I first joined. (Old forums lel.)
@Kite9867 - nerd. good job though lol
@Kubnair - Breach before it was cool. Nice.
@Severely_Artistic - Ragdoll Combat was well sick. Wish it had survived lol.
@Bitch Lasagna - square up cunt
@JerryBomb - I'll be sure to send you any good piano arrangements I find. Hope you'll do the same for me ;)
@GalaxyGirl - I don't really have anything to say that you don't already know. Hope you're well.
@Deadman and @Metamorpho - Love the two of u. Text me sometime. Miss y'all.
@Triple_A - Bet you didn't see this coming. I see you everyday so I'm not worried lol.
@NEVERFORGETTIMOMSSPEGHTTI - what a god amirite
@Cobalt - lowkey shouting out my alt account here but hey who cares right
@xSaltyGamerx - stop disappearing nerd
@Dralga - Started out unsure of you and even disliked you. Was quickly proven wrong. Mad respect. Good luck with your servers.
@Skits - Not so much ;) hope alls well though
@LLJ - murder > jailbreak fucking fight me on that
@CrusherFTW - You continuously prove my points. Just be mindful. Otherwise good kid :shrug:
@mario_the_man - good luck with murder i guess lol
@Astral Rogue - Couldn't think of a particular thing to say here but hi you're important too

And most importantly...

@Zer0 - You shouldn't have kept quiet, dude. If I was slowing you down I wish you'd have said something sooner. I want to see Murder succeed as much as you do but I'll be damned if I was gonna be the one to do it. You've got the knowledge and the determination that I really never came close to having. I was delusional and working under the falsehood that I had a role in the success of the new Murder. But between you and @Pancake Jenkins, I know you can make the servers the best they can be. I was wrong to underestimate either one of you. Good luck. Live long and prosper. Whatever other fucking notable quotes mean roughly that thing. Anyway. Kick some ass.

han_solo_salute.gif.0acbe06b0b6d02656fe5a2e292b950cb.gif

Much love. I'm sorry.

But most of all,

Cheers everybody. ❄️

Edited by Winter

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

Posted  Edited by Liloz01

You didn't cause any trouble, love you lots x 

Edited by Liloz01

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

11 minutes ago, Winter said:

Good luck. Live long and prosper. Whatever other fucking notable quotes mean roughly that thing. Anyway. Kick some ass.

AW FUCK YA! YOU DID A STAR TREK QUOTE AND IM HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have Questions? Message me on here, steam, or discord!

Go live life my dude. Have fun. Do dumb shit. You're young, it's good you let go of all this responsibility you wanted to hold onto for so long. Just relax and have some fun. Destroy the Overwatch nerds. Don't think of this shit as failure. Use it to grow. It was a learning experience. You will by missed my dude.

See ya around maybe,

Turtletay77

Chaos

Mate I use to remember you in the old GFL Breach days. I can still remember the time when I slammed you as CI and you were pretty pissed off about it lol. Anyways I hope you still stick around in the other discord so I can call you gay or ask to play once in a while. Anyways cya later mate.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

1 hour ago, Winter said:

I will break that pressf command if I damn please thank you very much ;)

--ban @Winter

unfortunately, the cog isn't imported into v3, and I don't think it is going to be back. 

76561198043643390.png

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

unfortunately, the cog isn't imported into v3, and I don't think it is going to be back. 

2 bad add it

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin

76561198080414294.png

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

Sigh... Your post made me think ahout my own position. As far as being admin goes, I think I've been a poor one on ttt and breach. I don't think I have been active on either in a year or two. Yet I haven't resigned, and I don't know why still even as I try and fail to be active. 

But enough about me. You're a cool guy. I wish I was good at overwatch; now I have to follow OWL to see you on it. I'll always remember playing deathrun with you on that family guy map. I hope to still see ya around.

Adios.

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

NO NOT MY NIGGAAAAAAAA

u better get ur ass back soon cuz we still didn't do that interview event of urs 

375712617_Palestine2.png.d5149026cf1eebfdb430feec3054e158.png

1 hour ago, Winter said:

@Zer0 - You shouldn't have kept quiet, dude. If I was slowing you down I wish you'd have said something sooner. I want to see Murder succeed as much as you do but I'll be damned if I was gonna be the one to do it. You've got the knowledge and the determination that I really never came close to having. I was delusional and working under the falsehood that I had a role in the success of the new Murder. But between you and @Pancake Jenkins, I know you can make the servers the best they can be. I was wrong to underestimate either one of you. Good luck. Live long and prosper. Whatever other fucking notable quotes mean roughly that thing. Anyway. Kick some ass.

I kept quiet because I hate hurting people's feelings, and I especially didn't want to hurt yours. I also wanted to keep quiet because I knew that you would leave if it were to come to this, which it has. I've talked to Pancake about it and that's why I went to Zebra to see if he could push you to be more active. The main reasons for this have already been stated, I don't like hurting peoples feelings (I'm soft, I know) and as I just said I knew you were going to leave if it came to this. You're leaving thinking you were a complete disappointment and a failure, which you weren't. You took the pressure off my shoulders when I felt that 3 servers was a lot to carry, and that gave me the ability to take it piece by piece. As my co-manager, you were also there for me when I needed you. Though you were unresponsive at times, I think overall you had a positive impact of who I am as a person, at the very least you loosened me up on me being to concerned with "abuse" thing. Though I really didn't want it to come to this, it just seemed there was no way for you to maintain your current life and take care of the server at the same time. I think it's best for you to focus on yourself for now and maybe come back when you have most things sorted out. Maybe summer might be the best time for you, who knows. As for knowledge, you seemed to have an alright amount, not a fuck load but you really don't need a lot to manage. The ability to code isn't a necessity but you do need to know how to fix some errors, but you had me for that, so you were completely excused from the coding aspect of things. Believe it or not there is still a lot I don't know, but I plan on learning a lot more of it. Determination is something you have a fuckload of, believe it or not. It might not all be towards GFL, but think about your life and all the things you are doing right now, Winter. You have a shitload of determination buddy. I don't want you to leave believing that you had nothing to do with the success of murder, because believe it or not, you do. Even with the limited knowledge you have you taught me things I didn't know. Just because I have more knowledge of things overall doesn't mean you can't possibly know things that I don't. For example, look at this code from the murder changlog ulx command:

calling_ply:SendLua([[gui.OpenURL( "https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/31643-murder-changelog/" )]])

I had no idea what that meant at first but after testing and experimenting with it, I learned how to use it properly. It allowed me to expand into things like eventually preventing the use of the smokebomb while typing in chat/console, etc with this:

if gui.IsGameUIVisible() or gui.IsConsoleVisible() or LocalPlayer():IsTyping() then return end

Believe it or not I doubt I would've ended up testing with gui stuff had it not been for seeing it in your code above. So yeah, you do have knowledge, and without me seeing that my code might look a lot different than it currently does.

You did help in the success of murder, don't doubt that. While I'm not sure what @Pancake Jenkins role will be in murder, that will be decided with due time. At the time being it'll have to wait. And while managing might not be your strong-suit, you will one day find something that is the perfect fit for you. Just give it time.

I want you to at least re-visit murder, maybe in a few months. And I will miss you, believe it or not.

I also felt the need to say this, I basically back-stabbed you during this whole thing, by going behind your back and talking to Zebra instead of addressing the problem to you and being unproductive with the situation. Communication is clearly something I'll have to work on, even if it's something that could hurt someones feelings, sometimes I need to fucking speak up, and hopefully I'll learn that one day. I'm sorry for betraying you like this, but I could've just not mentioned this completely, but it just wouldn't be the right thing to do. If you want someone to be mad at for your demotion, then be mad at me, because I've done a lot more against you than I have with you. Writing it means nothing, but I'm sorry. Please, don't think negative about your managing experience with murder. You are not a failure, you didn't fail. I failed you.

Good luck with whatever you do next, be confident, giggly and funny like you always are. I'm going to stop here because this is starting to get to me, but once again, for whatever it might be worth to you at this point, I'm sorry.

banner_560x95.png?random=612065

banner_560x95.png?random=951309

Posted  Edited by Winter
On 2/23/2019 at 6:11 AM, Zer0 said:

I also felt the need to say this, I basically back-stabbed you during this whole thing, by going behind your back and talking to Zebra instead of addressing the problem to you and being unproductive with the situation. Communication is clearly something I'll have to work on, even if it's something that could hurt someones feelings, sometimes I need to fucking speak up, and hopefully I'll learn that one day. I'm sorry for betraying you like this, but I could've just not mentioned this completely, but it just wouldn't be the right thing to do. If you want someone to be mad at for your demotion, then be mad at me, because I've done a lot more against you than I have with you. Writing it means nothing, but I'm sorry. Please, don't think negative about your managing experience with murder. You are not a failure, you didn't fail. I failed you.

Good luck with whatever you do next, be confident, giggly and funny like you always are. I'm going to stop here because this is starting to get to me, but once again, for whatever it might be worth to you at this point, I'm sorry.

I'm not mad at all, buddy. Honestly your post almost made me cry. It's so hard leaving after seeing this but I know it's what I need to do. Hold down the fort, I'll come back for you some day. ::x:

B1B8DC4F-AC9C-4E1A-8CDE-0B4CE71515FE.gif.a01045f709fd3e91102dbe943bfe4ea5.gif

Edited by Winter

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin

76561198080414294.png

Posted  Edited by JerryBomb

ey 

what the hek man you cant just leave like that, i wanted to JAM with my boy 

good luck in life broski, hope all is well in school and all that. Hope to see you come back, even as a member :lenny:

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

1 minute ago, Winter said:

This is texas toast/ taco/ bitch lasagna on winters phone lmao F

HI TACO!!!!!

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png